Raid Progression for young guild?

Hello

For the first time yesterday, our guild did BT HM and the heroic-4 on Correllia using 100% guild members. Previously we have been doing a lot of pvp and the dailies. Some of us have done other hard modes with other guilds.

I am trying to put together a guild progression to see other content.

I'm guessing that besides dailies in Correllia, Illum and Belsavis these are the easiest things we can do:

BT HM daily

Story Mode Denova

Story Mode Illum

Voss World Boss

Is it correct that the story mode denova is easier than the hardmodes? How many people are required? How about the world boss on Voss could it be done by 8 people in pvp gear?

Any other easy gear/commendation ideas?

John

You can start with the level 50 flashpoints on regular, but if you're able to, it's better to just begin in on hard mode flashpoints such as Black Talon, boarding party, foundry. Once you've got the gear from these you can progress on to battle of ilum, false emperor, etc. The hardest flashpoints are probably Kaon Under seige and of course, lost island (the latter of which I wouldn't attempt until you're at least nearly full columi geared).

For any of the operations (Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace, and Denova) you'll need either 8 or 16 people. Once you've got moderate gear from flashpoints (mostly tionese and columi gear) you can group up and start normal mode EV and KP though I think EV is easier to gear up in columi gear. Once you have full or nearly full columi gear you can start in on the hard mode operations (which really don't differ substantially from normal mode in application) and Hard Mode lost island to begin gearing up Rakata.

Story Mode Denova is probably equal to if not harder than Hard Mode for EV and KP, which is why the drops are all Rakata and the black hole commodations are provided. While doing all of this, I would be sure your guild members are doing dailys when possible (in particular the dailys in the Black Hole for the 6 weekly black hole commodations) for rakata implants/earpiece, and campaign relics.

In my opinion;

Story Mode Eternity Vault (EV) OP

Story Mode Karagaas Palace (KP) OP

HM FPs

Hard Mode Eternity Vault (EV) OP

Hard Mode Karagaas Palace (KP) OP

Story Mode Denova (Explosive Conflict) OP

EV & KP Story & EV HM needs either 1 x Tank, 5 x DPS, 2 x Healers OR 2 x Tanks, 4 x DPS and 2 x Healers

KP HM really needs 2 x Tanks, 4 x DPS and 2 x Healers (can be done with some other creative thinking and swapping)

Denova (EC) needs 2 x Tanks, 4 x DPS and 2 x Healers

Hope that helps and of course is subjective. :)

And don't be put off by Raids. EV Story is pretty straight forward for a raid and in my opinion is a lot easier than HM FPs, drops lots more gear and is quicker to complete than a lot of FPs :)

Edited by The_Butler

Story Mode Denova (EXC) is harder than the hard modes of the previous tier of raid content (EV and KP).

For operations, your progession is going to look like: SM EV -> SM KP -> HM EV -> HM KP -> SM EXC -> NiM EV -> NiM KP -> HM EXC

I would recommend doing HM flashpoints to get some gear - tier 1.1 (aka Tionese) drops off bosses here and tier 1.2 (aka Columi) tokens drop from final bosses (except for Lost Island whose final boss drops a tier 1.3 Rakata token, but this is also the hardest flashpoint in the game right now). Run BT, BP, Foundry, FE, BoI, Kaon, D7, LI in that order.

Once most of your team has at least oranges with daily mods or some good assortment of tionese, you could start doing SM EV. In all honesty, if your guild is competent and you have voice comms and can work as a team, you would probably be better off doing SM EV to gear everyone up as much more gear drops in operations than FP and the time investment is about the same.

As for the world boss on Voss - he is a 16-man minimum, requires a special item to provide a buff during the fight and is considered to be on par with a HM Denova boss.

In my opinion;

HM FPs

EV & KP Story & EV HM needs either 1 x Tank, 5 x DPS, 2 x Healers OR 2 x Tanks, 4 x DPS and 2 x Healers

KP HM really needs 2 x Tanks, 4 x DPS and 2 x Healers (can be done with some other creative thinking and swapping)

And don't be put off by Raids. EV Story is pretty straight forward for a raid and in my opinion is a lot easier than HM FPs, drops lots more gear and is quicker to complete than a lot of FPs :)

Many thanks. Do the EV and KP story mode's require 8 people?

Edited by netskink
more info

In my opinion;

HM FPs

I'd probably put at least some of the HM FPs at least between NM EV and NM KP, if not easier than EV. Where Ops get the nod is that in normal mode, having 8 people can help cover weaker links. That said, I don't think the ops are HARD per say, but certain fights are just a bit more mechanics based than most FPs so it'll take a bit longer for a naive group (naive meaning a full group/raid worth of people who go in blind) to navigate normal ops than hard FPs.

I'd probably put at least some of the HM FPs at least between NM EV and NM KP, if not easier than EV. Where Ops get the nod is that in normal mode, having 8 people can help cover weaker links. That said, I don't think the ops are HARD per say, but certain fights are just a bit more mechanics based than most FPs so it'll take a bit longer for a naive group (naive meaning a full group/raid worth of people who go in blind) to navigate normal ops than hard FPs.

Yes you are probably right here - I just didn't want to list each HM FP seperatley (there are other threads for that). I'm also assuming that guild would spend a couple of weeks to clear EV Story before moving onto KP Story in which case as you get 10 x Columi pieces per Op then this is usually a more efficent way to prepare gear wise for KP Story than running HM FPs.

A fresh faced Ops group (e.g. 8 people who have only got Oranges / Daily Modded gear) I think would have less wipes in EV Story than in the HM FPs.

But yes some of the HM FPs will be between EV Story and KP Story.

And to answer the Op EV / KP / EC all require 8 or 16 people. However 16 man versions are inexplicably harder and unless you fancy doing it just because it's fun I would avoid doing 16 man versions! For example 16 Man EV Story is harder than 8 Man EV Hard-mode grumble grumble grumble

1. Normal lvl 50 FP's (Battle of Illum, False Emperor, Directive 7, KuS)

2. HM BT, FE,

3. EV and KP normal

4. The other HM FP's (only if you want, EV and KP drop more loot and are easier, but need 8 people)

5. EV/KP HM

6. EC Story

7. EV/KP Nightmare

8. EC HM

1. Normal lvl 50 FP's (Battle of Illum, False Emperor, Directive 7, KuS)

2. HM BT, FE,

3. EV and KP normal

4. The other HM FP's (only if you want, EV and KP drop more loot and are easier, but need 8 people)

5. EV/KP HM

6. EC Story

7. EV/KP Nightmare

8. EC HM

Many thanks.