When can we get rid of Mk-4X mission and LT Pierce

Iceslasher

So anyone know when we can just reject Pierce and 4x. Once again I was stupid enough to go and try to do the pvp missions , I had to deal with a bunch of Premades while my side was pugs..Congratulations unless you are part of a premade..you are pretty much in for a nice frustrating time and it's pointless. I used to pvp back in the day when it was fun , pug against pug ..but now its all 3 cap and forget getting anywhere you are basically cannon fodder. Why Pierce and 4x can't be just rejected like ALL other companions I don't understand? It's not like pvp is some "special" attribute that anyone likes..great some people like it...let the premades go after each other and leave the rest of us out it. And no it isn't about not being able to play our characters..it's a different style of play then flashpoints, raids and story content..and personally I am not interested in needing different sets of gear and changing my skills for pvp specific. So anyone know when the heck we are going to get to REJECT them..instead of having the idiot triangle all bright yellow I keep thinking I missed something when I haven't and sometimes i ignore it to find out oops I did miss other companions..grrr it's frustrating :mad:

It really isn't that difficult to do the matches to get them, and this is coming from someone who despises pvp and was really scared of trying it.

The worst of it recently for me has just been how long I have to wait in between matches, I think it was much more active last year.

That being said, I don't know why there's no reject option, its not like either M1 or Pierce would be invaluable to the Alliance from a lore standpoint and that you absolutely need them, and it would help people who just don't want to bother with pvp by completing the quest.

Edited by denajii

It really isn't that difficult to do the matches to get them, and this is coming from someone who despises pvp and was really scared of trying it.

The worst of it recently for me has just been how long I have to wait in between matches, I think it was much more active last year.

That being said, I don't know why there's no reject option, its not like either M1 or Pierce would be invaluable to the Alliance from a lore standpoint and that you absolutely need them, and it would help people who just don't want to bother with pvp by completing the quest.

I agree completely, and I really did try to push through with it...but after dealing with premades over and over, and basically being cannon fodder for some pvper..i was just over it really fast. IT'S great for the pvp players but for those of us who just aren't interested...please just let us delete the companion alert or refuse them..EVERY other companion can be refused. sadly it's only those two that we "are not allowed" and now.,.honestly...with onslaught..what is the point of keeping them around???

Yeah, I can see why you'd eventually get tired of it. I guess by now I'm just used to the fact that when it comes to pvp, I'll lose often since I'm just not that good, so I was able to willpower my way through the losses and keep going. I'm just a bit too determined sometimes :p

I'm guessing abandoning the quest(if it can even be abandoned..)just adds the alert back to your companions list so there really is no way to avoid it, huh? Unless you hide the quest from your mission log but then that wastes a mission slot..

I'd say that you've overlooked a very important thing about PvPing for Pierce/4X.

The key thing is that you're not in there to win PvP. You're in there to get participation points for a companion mission. Sure, it's faster to do it if you win, because wins count double, but you aren't there to win. Turn chat off, play the best you know how, and if necessary grit your teeth to get through it.

Disclaimer: I've only ever done one of these on one character that had to PvP. It was back in the day, before 5.0 did away with the Expertise stat, and bolster was very, very fussy. If you didn't have your item rating at exactly(1) 190, bolster didn't help you as much as it could, and fighting people who had maxed-out Expertise gear became more painful. It was during the DvL event, and some tiers had PvP requirements, so I combined PvP-for-Pierce (on a Lightning Sorc) with PvP-for-DvL, and tuned my gear to get the best Expertise-by-bolster I could. Since then, I haven't bothered, too much like hard work.

(1) No, I don't mean "at least 190". I mean *exactly* 190. If you had more iRating than 190, bolster gave you less Expertise than if you had exactly 190.

• 1 month later...
The key thing is that you're not in there to win PvP. You're in there to get participation points for a companion mission. Sure, it's faster to do it if you win, because wins count double, but you aren't there to win. Turn chat off, play the best you know how, and if necessary grit your teeth to get through it.

So I've read that apparently the Daily/Weekly missions only record wins now and there's no half-credit for a loss on those. But Pierce/Forex didn't change in the same way?