A Preview of our New Podcast

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you a sneak peek of the official STAR WARS: The Old Republic podcast. You can listen to our pilot episode here by using the embedded player, or download and listen on your preferred MP3 player.

Our goal with this show is to give you, the community, insight into development of The Old Republic by hearing directly from the developers creating the game. In our pilot episode, Brooks and I sit down with combat team members Austin Peckenpaugh and Cameron Winston to talk about some of the changes coming in Game Update 1.2.

Listen Now

Edited by AlysonBridge

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how they determine balance by "having a guy come in and saying this class has to much of this". Sigh.

Just no.

Anyways, loved it. Liked listening to some of the inner workings of things. Looking forward to 1.2

Some comments/suggestions:

- The format is good, there's dynamic there, although you're doing reporting rather than having a roundtable discussion. Reporting about what's going on should happen in teaser trailers, which is a much better vehicle for that sort of thing, not a podcast. Having actual discussions between developers would be extremely interesting.

- The idea of bringing in guests from different parts of the design team is very interesting, especially if the topic coincides with what they're working on. As long as there's a stable host (or hosts) throughout the life of the podcast.

- Maybe include an e-mail address specifically for the podcast that people can give questions to. Mailbags are usually pretty dry most of the time, but with you guys being on the inside, the right kind of question could spark a good discussion if there's nothing big going on.

- Responding to an earlier point, I wouldn't recommend adding videos. That's something people can look up in teasers.

Just download the MP3 and put it into iTunes...

iTunes has their podcast store which auto DL's new episodes as soon as they are available. I want the link so that I can subscribe to their podcast. :)

I like how they determine balance by "having a guy come in and saying this class has to much of this". Sigh.

Where you really even paying attention to what they said. They said they respond and pay attention more to the people who say/make a thread about "(X) ability says it's supposed to work this way but I think it is working a different way than intended" and less to people who just say the would like their class to have more of something or a class to have less of something else.

Anyway, enjoyed the podcast. Would prefer video podcasts, I've always preferred those more idk why I just like to see the people talking (miss the Roosterteeth video podcasts :/)

Edited by IRurik

iTunes has their podcast store which auto DL's new episodes as soon as they are available. I want the link so that I can subscribe to their podcast. :)

*Bump* If someone could post a link so I can subscribe directly in iTunes. I tried searching the store but there are a tonne of podcasts, none which look like the official one

• Dev Post
I really enjoyed listening to it. Great insight on whats going on with 1.2

Can we get a link to the iTunes podcast? I can't seem to find it.

Although I can't give you an exact timeframe, we will be posting this episode to iTunes soon. We will let you know once we do and will definitely be posting all future episodes there as well, so make sure to subscribe!

:tran_cool:

*Bump* If someone could post a link so I can subscribe directly in iTunes. I tried searching the store but there are a tonne of podcasts, none which look like the official one

It's not up on the iTunes store unfortunately.

Correction: Yet :D

Edited by IRurik

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you a sneak peek of the official STAR WARS: The Old Republic podcast. You can listen to our pilot episode here by using the embedded player, or download and listen on your preferred MP3 player.

Our goal with this show is to give you, the community, insight into development of The Old Republic by hearing directly from the developers creating the game. In our pilot episode, Brooks and I sit down with combat team members Austin Peckenpaugh and Cameron Winston to talk about some of the changes coming in Game Update 1.2.

Listen Now

Musco! Nice to hear you on a podcast again. I still listen to ToroCast once in a while but its never been the same since you left. Looking forward to future podcasts. :cool: