Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you want people to keep playing, release the legacy system now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If you want people to keep playing, release the legacy system now.

--Grim--
01.27.2012 , 01:01 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
Funny ALL the people i know are enjoying it. Who is this 'most' you speak of because i don't know any of them.
I play on a couple of the busier servers. Numbers in all the zones is dropping lately. Which was to be expected since many people didnt' renew.

But that is going to continue, unless they come up with a better incentive than what exists now.

Papthegnome
01.27.2012 , 01:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
I play on a couple of the busier servers. Numbers in all the zones is dropping lately. Which was to be expected since many people didnt' renew.

But that is going to continue, unless they come up with a better incentive than what exists now.
Actually I have to agree with the OP. Ilum is HORRIBLE and just makes people not want to do it.
Faction imbalances are not being dealt with and are horrid also.
mods/macroes still not being in the game is hurting.
Pvp being judged as, "Who has the most stuns will win".

There is problems and i for one feel Bioware bit off more than they can chew with this mmo.
Story was good but that won't keep many people here long.
████ΘΘ▀▄▀▄█╫╫████████████████████████████████████)

MaverickXIV
01.27.2012 , 01:10 PM | #43
I'm not sure what endgame the OP expects from a theme park MMO. A month into the Panda expansion he's going to be finished with collecting dungeon gear, and then it's just a "wait until raid time" game. If he takes up Rift, the same exact thing will happen, only you'll get a new dungeon for every six new raids. I feel pretty confident saying that GW2 won't be any different.

DarthKhaos
01.27.2012 , 01:12 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
LOL at this is everything or the game will die. If they wont fix or add this or that the game will die, pff the wow forums were full of that, in fact every MMO forum is full of that GW2? good luck with that you will have the same feeling i bet. and you will be saying teh same thing but just a diferent feature. Is always like that.
They have a plan, they are working on it, they will add new things ppl are just too impacient want everything now, now now.
Yea this makes me lol also. They are pinning all their hopes and dreams on yet ANOTHER game.

Shh... Listen... You hear that?

That's the sound of their hearts breaking ripping a tear in the space time continuum.
=================================
F2P? NO THANKS
CANCELLED
=================================

Catch_TwentyTwo
01.27.2012 , 01:14 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
It's very simple really. The post 50 game just isn't that good.

The main attraction to keep paying for this game is to play alts, but the legacy system is months away. Not very smart on BioWars's part.

I suspect there will be a massive drop off in subs the next couple of months. Without the legacy system or at least some details giving us a carrot to stay, there really isn't a reason for most people to keep playing this game.
Yes, release an unfinished system so they the very same people demanding early release can then complain about it being broken...
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

SWaotc
01.27.2012 , 01:24 PM | #46
I hope legacy doesnt consist of them allowing me to play more alien races, simply because i dont play them atm. I never watched the movies thinking oh i want to be this or that alien, i like the various species in the SW universe but have no desire to be one in game.

As for us rolling alts being the aim of boiware, maybe they should have diversified the classes abit, the endgame is getting old and the clones wars of characters is getting tedious also.

Is legacy set to be another disappointment??

MaverickXIV
01.27.2012 , 01:35 PM | #47
Apparently if you navigate back to the "thank you for your post" page, it just posts again for you...

run_hello
01.27.2012 , 01:42 PM | #48
I will bet anyone here one million credits that there won't be new races in the Legacy System.

If you think there will be, take one more of whatever you're on, give me three, and then we'll talk.

New races are there to get you to buy the expansion, not something thrown into a patch for free.

iain_b
01.27.2012 , 01:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by run_hello View Post
I will bet anyone here one million credits that there won't be new races in the Legacy System.

If you think there will be, take one more of whatever you're on, give me three, and then we'll talk.

New races are there to get you to buy the expansion, not something thrown into a patch for free.
People are thinking there will new races with the Legacy System because BioWare has said that it's a possibility.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

realID
01.27.2012 , 01:51 PM | #50
Yes Bioware, hire this guy right away!

Release a system not yet ready for release, potentially full of bugs which will cause more complaint threads to be generated about how people's legacy is broken instead of holding off a few more weeks and releasing it when it's far more stable.

Sheer... genius.