Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Class Changes: Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

giorgo
08.21.2017 , 01:12 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
No good gaming mouses available for lefties, afaik, alas...
Razer naga has version for left handed.

Ardarell_Solo
08.21.2017 , 02:41 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
Razer naga has version for left handed.
That's one, but not a good one ;-)

...meaning I tried it and didn't work for the way I like to position my hand on a mouse. Thanks for pointing it out nevertheless :-)
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

g_mK
08.21.2017 , 05:02 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
That's one, but not a good one ;-)

...meaning I tried it and didn't work for the way I like to position my hand on a mouse. Thanks for pointing it out nevertheless :-)
Logitech G900 has ambidextrous design.
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha

vfreelancerv
10.01.2017 , 09:40 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
Agree 150% on this ^. Give us the numbers of your "target dps"
Absolutely support ^^^

Theaetetus_Danko
10.27.2017 , 05:25 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Sentinel
Combat
  • Precision is now stack-based with 2 stacks lasting 10 seconds, affecting Clashing Blast, Lance, Dispatch, and Blade Rush, and consuming a stack each time they are used
DevNotes: We noticed a disparity between damage output on the Combat discipline from players that could successfully “clip” a Dispatch in a Precision window and those who couldn’t, due to factors outside of their control like server latency. Clipping lead to being able to use 3 abilities affected by Precision during the original 3 second window instead of 2. To remedy this, we changed Precision to be stack based, with 2 stacks lasting 10 seconds. Additionally, Precision now only affects certain abilities, making it possible for players to use a less optimal ability during the window without sacrificing a stack of Precision.

Although this will look like a DPS loss, Combat’s target DPS has always been calculated without “clipping” in mind, so this change should effectively normalize Combat’s DPS to our target.

Thanks!

-eric
Hello, would you consider giving Combat 3 Precision stacks instead of 2? The whole Dispatch-clipping thing is about using 4, not 3 abilities inside Precision window. Pre-3.0 Combat sentinels were using 3 abilities inside 4.5 sec gcd window. Post-3.0, with 3% Ataru form and 30% Zen alacrity buffs it is almost mandatory for a player to use 3 abilities inside Precision window too. Considering this, it would be logical to give Combat sentinels 3 stacks of Precision instead of 2, to not cripple burst window on which this spec relies.

Davarsus
10.27.2017 , 05:51 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Theaetetus_Danko View Post
Hello, would you consider giving Combat 3 Precision stacks instead of 2? The whole Dispatch-clipping thing is about using 4, not 3 abilities inside Precision window. Pre-3.0 Combat sentinels were using 3 abilities inside 4.5 sec gcd window. Post-3.0, with 3% Ataru form and 30% Zen alacrity buffs it is almost mandatory for a player to use 3 abilities inside Precision window too. Considering this, it would be logical to give Combat sentinels 3 stacks of Precision instead of 2, to not cripple burst window on which this spec relies.
This! Please, please make Ferocity/Precision 3 stacks instead of 2, and add Ravage/Blade Barrage to the list. Otherwise, the rotation is pretty much screwed and the spec totally useless in every way possible.

yellow_
10.27.2017 , 06:57 PM | #77
at the very least make activating beserk increase the stacks granted by the next ferocity to 3 instead of the usual 2

only 2 no matter what is just not acceptable...what is even the point of carnage's beserk now?

Henyk
10.28.2017 , 12:01 PM | #78
The only thing this spec need is more stun protection in pvp, but now devs killing whole playstyle itself...
So... RIP, combat

Alora_Cabal
10.28.2017 , 12:55 PM | #79
Totally agree with the posts above. Should be 3 ferocity stacks. Also, why is sweeping slash not one of the abilities that can utilize ferocity stacks? With an over-nerfed single target burst and now no aoe burst there will be no reason to play this spec.

PLASKOGUBCI
11.02.2017 , 04:35 AM | #80
Stacks? Just 2 of them?
Carnage is difficult spec to play for now, but if you don't like it you can spec into fury, which has much easier rotation, as well as insanely high DPS numbers in PVE for it.
If you want to make carnage casual- make ferocity stack- based.
But if you want to throw it into the garbage can- give us 2 of them, and watch people respeccing. I already did.