Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Class Changes: Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
08.16.2017 , 01:22 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Below are the upcoming changes for Carnage and Combat coming in Game Update 5.4.
Quote:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Marauder
Carnage
  • Reduced the critical strike damage bonus granted by Sever from 15% to 10%
  • Reduced the damage bonus to Ataru Form attacks granted by Ataru Mastery from 5% to 3%

Sentinel
Combat
  • Reduced the critical strike damage bonus granted by Saber Storm from 15% to 10%
  • Reduced the damage bonus to Ataru Form attacks granted by Ataru Mastery from 5% to 3%

DevNotes: The Carnage/ Combat discipline was overperforming, so we reduced the effectiveness of two key passives to bring their DPS back in line with the target.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kyuuu's Avatar


Kyuuu
08.16.2017 , 01:36 PM | #2
what happen to carnage was at the target dps you wanted? more lies from BW? or just norm of BW saying one thing and do something else.

ultimarb's Avatar


ultimarb
08.16.2017 , 01:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
what happen to carnage was at the target dps you wanted? more lies from BW? or just norm of BW saying one thing and do something else.
nobody said that carnage is at the target dps. what was said is that carnage should be 0% +- off target dps.
since ap powertech should be at the same lvl of dps you couuld have imagine, that either carnage will get a nerf or ap a buff.

shyroman's Avatar


shyroman
08.16.2017 , 01:43 PM | #4
This is roughly a 200 dps decrease when going by top parse, bringing it down to around 10350
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Kyuuu's Avatar


Kyuuu
08.16.2017 , 01:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
nobody said that carnage is at the target dps. what was said is that carnage should be 0% +- off target dps.
since ap powertech should be at the same lvl of dps you couuld have imagine, that either carnage will get a nerf or ap a buff.
you should read there original notes from month ago from BW (eric) and BW should learn to stick to what they say, instead saying one thing and doing something else there own *********** notes said it on target so yes they did say it was on target.

http://dulfy.net/2017/06/15/swtor-bi...lance-happens/

Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian
BW own post on there own site http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#edit9333043
Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

IF they do this i want them to change ferocity to 5 sec 100% armor reduction or better yet 4 charges so it isnt easily shutdown but in

Eloi_BG's Avatar


Eloi_BG
08.16.2017 , 02:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
you should read there original notes from month ago from BW (eric) and BW should learn to stick to what they say, instead saying one thing and doing something else there own *********** notes said it on target so yes they did say it was on target.

http://dulfy.net/2017/06/15/swtor-bi...lance-happens/

Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian
BW own post on there own site http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#edit9333043
Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

IF they do this i want them to change ferocity to 5 sec 100% armor reduction or better yet 4 charges so it isnt easily shutdown but in
You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

shyroman's Avatar


shyroman
08.16.2017 , 02:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
you should read there original notes from month ago from BW (eric) and BW should learn to stick to what they say, instead saying one thing and doing something else there own *********** notes said it on target so yes they did say it was on target.

http://dulfy.net/2017/06/15/swtor-bi...lance-happens/

Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian
BW own post on there own site http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#edit9333043
Code:
Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

    Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
    Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel
    Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
    Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
    Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
    Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
    Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
    Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

IF they do this i want them to change ferocity to 5 sec 100% armor reduction or better yet 4 charges so it isnt easily shutdown but in
I don't think you understand what they meant by that post. They have this "target dps" that they want, lets call it 10k to make this easy with the math. So that means that all the specs you posted should be doing roughly 10k, and all the melee sustained specs should be doing 10.5k, and all ranged burst specs doing 9.5k. If a melee sustained is doing 11k, then it needs to be nerfed, if a melee burst spec is doing 10.5k, then it needs to be nerfed.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Exly's Avatar


Exly
08.16.2017 , 02:19 PM | #8
These posts keep on talking about over performing "the target", but you still haven't shared the target numbers with us.

Until you let us know what your target numbers are, you are still keeping secrets from us that will help us to understand what classes you truly want us to play, or that we need to play if we want to do harder game content.

Please be more transparent, and stop keeping information like this a secret.

Setokai's Avatar


Setokai
08.16.2017 , 02:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Below are the upcoming changes for Carnage and Combat coming in Game Update 5.4.


-eric
I can get behind the adjustments
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
08.16.2017 , 02:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
These posts keep on talking about over performing "the target", but you still haven't shared the target numbers with us.

Until you let us know what your target numbers are, you are still keeping secrets from us that will help us to understand what classes you truly want us to play, or that we need to play if we want to do harder game content.

Please be more transparent, and stop keeping information like this a secret.
Agree 150% on this ^. Give us the numbers of your "target dps"