what are the 3 changes you need to see in the Merc class?

stockwizzle

Oh also I just remembered another thing that I know others have asked for in the past. It would be nice if they would give us a disengage type of skill to finally use our jetpacks in combat. Could work similiar to roll only with a different animation of course. launch us straight back like 15m or 20m and make us immune to an attack,pull, or charge for like 3s.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are commandos on world first teams for pve but not on the top number one teams for ranked WZ think about it

Actually, some of the better RWZ teams are starting to take a Merc/Mando for Ranged DPS. In the hands of a good player, it can be a very effective addition to a team.

Actually, some of the better RWZ teams are starting to take a Merc/Mando for Ranged DPS. In the hands of a good player, it can be a very effective addition to a team.

yeah they like using us to block sorcs/sages from force barriering by using our electronets

Dear Other Posters,

Am I the only one that wants weapon diversity? And disintegrators? Real ones, not in name only. It was my favorite line from the original trilogy, with Vader telling Boba Fett "No disintegrations".

Honestly though resource management is the largest concern, with the loss of pyro as the second (it needs to find a way to be viable for both pvp and pve, let me make my own choices). As for the third, why not drop a possible cooldown that we are shunning right now and make us more of a party buff member? I realize BH's like to be lone wolves, but what about those 'mandos who are just longing for camaraderie? And everyone knows BH's work better in groups (see the storyline in game).

While we can suggest new abilities that might cause new problems because everyone else isn't getting one as well I think we need to focus on the now and remember that even if we do get these changes, it won't be until 3.0. We just need to understand that now. I love hearing from the other members of this community with such passion though guys, keep it up.

Sincerely,

A very bored Mandalorian who is tired of trying to find "more menacing" armor

~Thaden

NiM & (very rarely) RWZ Merc

Death-Sentence

The Shadowlands

P.S. Who really pvps anymore? >.>

Edited by Avenging

Better resource management, not sure how this would be achieved AND I want to feel more like a BH and hunt bounties. The contract mission thingy is a start, but I want to be able to do that whenever I please. Not once a month or whatever, but hell, I'll take what I can get.

Oh and fusion missile, why such a long cooldown?

I would like to add a very minor concern it seems compared to the other issues in this thread but it is an issue nonetheless. The return of the 30m stun that someone else mentioned. On styrak fight in nightmare sv Ive noticed at times that the beams depending on other people being resisted for knockbacks or stuns can get to a narrowing point where the short range on electro dart is not enough to be able to stun the target and prevent it from closing in during channel. In fact I died a couple of times before I switched it up and had to run the extra distance to stun earlier which results in a dps loss during a phase of a fight where you can absolutely not afford any downtime. It would be really nice if bioware would restore our distance on the stun since mercs are ranged. This would be great in both pve and pvp.

Non rage melee needs a buff before merc gets 30meter stuns -___-.

Edited by MarkXXIV

heh yeah thats another thing that bugs me. The insanely long CDs mercs get compared to everyone else. I mean come on 90s electronet and 30s fusion missile cds suck. Also kolto overload. Like you have to anitipcate you are going to be dropping the low health up to a minute in advance or it goes on lockout I mean come on might as well just turn that thing to being up at all times and only going on CD when it actually gets used or just change it to being usable at anytime for just 8s of sick healing.

The cooldown on Fusion Missile isnt my biggest issue with it; its the heat cost. 33 heat is absolutely out of touch with what the ability actually does and how much damage it can do. 25 heat would be much more reasonable IMO, and I would prefer to see it moved to 16 heat.

This. The cooldown is sufficient to keep it from being OP. Adding a 33 ammo/heat cost is just ridiculous. It needs to be dropped to 16. Lowering the CD while keeping the cost would make it not really better than it is now. The cost is the real gate on the ability keeping it from being useful.

The native cooldowns of Reserve Power Cell/Thermal Sensor Override and Tech Override/Power Surge are all out of proportion with their actual benefit, and don't even get me STARTED on Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

It's nothing like a priority for me, but the return of the 30m stun would be nice. I never realized I'd miss it so much in PVE. There's always that trash pack with that mob you'd really like to stun lock down, and it's very annoying to have to close to 10m to use it.

In PVP I can definitely see it's use for focusing down healers and what not.

Thing is, there are just so many more fundamental issues. This could be folded into the PVP utility issue though.

On the topic of a jet escape I think they could come up with an ability like "jet kick" where you knock the person back and jet back like 15m or so. It could be like the singe target version of jet boost, and if it seemed overpowered maybe it could share a cooldown with jet boost so you could only use one.

For my playstyle, I don't see a 30m stun as that big of a deal. The only thing it will really change for me is that I can stun Snipers as I close in on them. Because normally I only use the stun dart on melee toons that are on me, so 30m is irrelevant.

Yeah the nerf to 10m changed the stuns from having equal offensive and defensive characteristics to being way more defensive in nature.

Snipers indirectly gained a huge advantage b/c of that nerf; they have an abundance of ways to keep players >10m away, preventing incoming hard CC.

Damage output is great, wouldn't change that. Self-healing is great... Only thing i could see improving the class without making it OP would be a jetpack escape to get us out of nasty situations.

The class could be improved a lot more without becoming op. Sniper has cc imunity(entrench) heal reduction (shatter shot), interrupt imunity, no procs, instant flashbang(also an aoe), an execute, ranged dmg reduction, and 35meter attacks with a 40meter execute.

I almost exclusively healed on my Merc/'Mando so I will only talk about that.

I found 2 problems with Merc healing, one is heat management the other is the "nerf" in out tank healing capabilities which is a side effect of the actual crit nerf in 2.0. Pre 2.0 we could consistently hit big numbers with Emergency scan, Healing scan and Rapid scan due to out high crit chance and the surge talent in the healing tree, but since the crit nerf specifically my (cant say about all merc healers out there) crit chance droped by 8% and i have 400 crit. When I'm parsing my healing in raids about 70% of my heal comes from kolto missile which is due to the aoe heal, it's not a bad thing but hardly usefull for tank healing.

I have two changes in mind for Merc healers that would help with heat management and our tank healing.

- Make both Healing Scan and Emergency Scan generate Supercharge not just Rapid Scan

- Revamp Peacekeeper, this talent is almost a must for both pve and pvp healing yet it's utterly useless for both. This talent could increase the critical hit chance of Rapid Scan and Kolto Shell and Kolto Shell critical hits vent X amount of heat with Y inner cd attached to it

I almost exclusively healed on my Merc/'Mando so I will only talk about that.

I found 2 problems with Merc healing, one is heat management the other is the "nerf" in out tank healing capabilities which is a side effect of the actual crit nerf in 2.0. Pre 2.0 we could consistently hit big numbers with Emergency scan, Healing scan and Rapid scan due to out high crit chance and the surge talent in the healing tree, but since the crit nerf specifically my (cant say about all merc healers out there) crit chance droped by 8% and i have 400 crit. When I'm parsing my healing in raids about 70% of my heal comes from kolto missile which is due to the aoe heal, it's not a bad thing but hardly usefull for tank healing.

I have two changes in mind for Merc healers that would help with heat management and our tank healing.

- Make both Healing Scan and Emergency Scan generate Supercharge not just Rapid Scan

- Revamp Peacekeeper, this talent is almost a must for both pve and pvp healing yet it's utterly useless for both. This talent could increase the critical hit chance of Rapid Scan and Kolto Shell and Kolto Shell critical hits vent X amount of heat with Y inner cd attached to it

Yeah, we took a big nerf in the crit department. I went from like 40% to around 30%. Doesn't mean we need to be buffed there though. I mean it could help with what I want but who knows. What I want is our 8 man numbers buffed. In 16 man we can put up 5khps + with kolto missile doing most of that. But in 8 man kolto missile is restricted so we put out around 3500hps+. If the devs could figure out a way to balance us at 5k+ hps across both 8 man and 16 man we would be perfect.

Edited by Rambeezy

if railshot did the same base damage as heatseeker , would that be imbalanced?

15 sec is a long cooldown

Pyro has no cooldown on rail shot so it could be imbalanced. I personally want missile blast to become execution skill.

Edited by tbwp

As a merc healer since nearly launch, there are a few things I'd like to see changed, but I'll try to phrase them as a question. I also have experience with playing as an OP healer.

First, I understand that Bodyguard healers can put out *okay* hps when compared to other healers. However there is a strong skill curve. Heat management is exceedingly punishing in fights with tight heal requirements, especially compared to other healing classes. Ops have a lot of procs as well as diagnostic scan to get them out of trouble. Sorcs have a large pool that only inexperienced healers can eat up.

Another point is despite having heavy armor, mercenary healers have less survivability vs the other healers in pvp. we have cooldowns, but all but one (kolto shell) are very temporary. ops have stealth and self hots, and sorcs have speed/barrier/shield, making both able to be out of damage for a long amount of time.

I guess the question could be "Why do mercenary healers vs other healers have much more difficult resource management and less survivability versus the other classes without there being a benefit to outweigh these downfalls?

This question could be rephrased to include all mercs:

PVE Why do mercenaries have exceedingly more difficult resource management than other advanced classes without a significant benefit in other areas? We have no significant utility abilities in a group setting. We have very slightly more survivability in some, but not many situations. We have very limited mobility in most situations. Our dps and hps is on-par, but difficult to achieve in most situations.

I don't play pvp on my merc because I was tired of not being any use. Someone else would be better to ask this question.

PVP Why do mercenaries have far less utility in a pvp setting when compared with other ACs?

Open: Why do mercenaries/commandos have no significant advantage in any area when compared to all other Advanced Classes? We do not shine above the rest in any area at all, nor are we good enough in all areas to be a "Jack of All Trades" sort of class. We are left near the bottom in almost every field imaginable.

1. Give mercs +% crit to certain skills back.

2. Fix double global cooldown bug on electronet

3. Give powersurge ability to crit heal or crit dmg for the next ability used (or 60% crit chance) & after using Power surge, the mercs next cast gains interrupt immunity.

Edited by DkSharktooth

from a PVP Bodyguard standpoint...

1) Reduce the CD on electronet. Compared to other classes slowing skills, the CD is stupid long. Force slow is 12s, crippling slash is spammable, leg shot is 15s... electronet 90s... ***?

2) Bodyguard needs to have talents to get to 100% push-back protection for PVP. We rely too much on cast time, we need protection to get those casts off.

3) This could be an OR to the previous 2... We could use a CD reset button like EMP for snipers.

Speaking solely as a healing merc I found a few problems that can't be balanced out by the player

1) Kolto shell being a single target Heal on Hit. This really hurts merc healers because it is a lot like bubble and kolto probe for the other healers which are used to absorb the shock of the blows and give warning to new targets being focused. Since it is not multi target it makes the skill that gives you a proc heal whilst having kolto shell on yourself and you use rapid shots on a enemy only usable while being focused. Also more specifically useful when having heat problems.

2) Kolto missile it's animation time bothers me since it is a instant heal but takes quite awhile to hit since animation time. Also the HoT effect is less useful since it doesn't stick on targets and stays on the ground. While the slowdown that the glob of slime on the ground applies is useful I would find it a lot more useful if the HoT would stick to the targets it hits and maybe instead of the slowdown give some other feature maybe like adding crit chance or bonus to healing for next heal.

3) Kolto jets has a crazy cooldown for a kickback. It has a 30 second cooldown for healers and heals just slightly more than overload. A decrease on the cooldown or increase to the healing kolto jets does would be helpful since it is a very useful instant heal. Also I think it would be useful if they switched the eliminators and combat medics 2 gear set bonus. Since it gives a 5 second off the cooldown for jet boost which is more useful as a healer than the hydraulic overrides cooldown decrease.

Just some thoughts based on how I play merc heals purely from a pvp background.

Edited by windogie

As a merc healer since nearly launch, there are a few things I'd like to see changed, but I'll try to phrase them as a question. I also have experience with playing as an OP healer.

First, I understand that Bodyguard healers can put out *okay* hps when compared to other healers. However there is a strong skill curve. Heat management is exceedingly punishing in fights with tight heal requirements, especially compared to other healing classes. Ops have a lot of procs as well as diagnostic scan to get them out of trouble. Sorcs have a large pool that only inexperienced healers can eat up.

Another point is despite having heavy armor, mercenary healers have less survivability vs the other healers in pvp. we have cooldowns, but all but one (kolto shell) are very temporary. ops have stealth and self hots, and sorcs have speed/barrier/shield, making both able to be out of damage for a long amount of time.

I guess the question could be "Why do mercenary healers vs other healers have much more difficult resource management and less survivability versus the other classes without there being a benefit to outweigh these downfalls?

This question could be rephrased to include all mercs:

PVE Why do mercenaries have exceedingly more difficult resource management than other advanced classes without a significant benefit in other areas? We have no significant utility abilities in a group setting. We have very slightly more survivability in some, but not many situations. We have very limited mobility in most situations. Our dps and hps is on-par, but difficult to achieve in most situations.

I don't play pvp on my merc because I was tired of not being any use. Someone else would be better to ask this question.

PVP Why do mercenaries have far less utility in a pvp setting when compared with other ACs?

Open: Why do mercenaries/commandos have no significant advantage in any area when compared to all other Advanced Classes? We do not shine above the rest in any area at all, nor are we good enough in all areas to be a "Jack of All Trades" sort of class. We are left near the bottom in almost every field imaginable.

When you say we have far less utility you aren't thinking about we have a AOE that increases all healing received by 3% to any ally it touches right? It doesn't help us much but to a operative or sorc healer a bonus 3% is very helpful.