"Prey on the Weak" / "Pierce and Batter" Working as intended?

Jrbabar

CONCEALMENT/SCRAPPER

Hi all, i have been thinking alot lately about the passive talent listed in the title for both Operatives and Scoundrels. I would love for this passive to be re-designed. This is the talent that gives the player a 5% damage increase to "Lacerate/"Sucker Punch" while "Acid Blade"/"Flechette Round" is active on your target. The way i look at it, there are two ways to attempt to get the most out of your openers.

Before i continue i will admit this is coming strictly from a PvP perspective as i do not PvE at all.

The way i see it, i have two options for an opener. I can open from stealth with "Backstab"/"Back Blast" then "Volatile Substance"/"Blood Boiler" followed by "Veiled Strike"/"Bludgeon" then two "Lacerate"/Sucker Punch". Now if i follow this opener i don't get the full benefit of the talent "Prey on the Weak" / "Pierce and Batter" as "Acid Blade"/"Flechette Round"will have already finished ticking, thus i don't benefit from the talent during my opener.

Second option (while stealthed) would be to open with "Volatile Substance"/"Blood Boiler" followed by "Veiled Strike"/"Bludgeon" then "Backstab"/"Back Blast" followed with two "Lacerate"/Sucker Punch". Now this method you would fully benefit from "Prey on the Weak" / "Pierce and Batter" however it would be at the expense of a "Tactical Advantage"/"Upper Hand", that i would have gained if i opened with "Backstab"/"Back Blast" from stealth.

Thus losing out on either damage or a potentially life saving heal.

Maybe it's just me, but this talent introduced in patch 4.0, is not working as well as it could be, as you are continually having to pick between gaining the benefits from "Prey on the Weak" / "Pierce and Batter" or "Tactical Advantage"/"Upper Hand"

Now, in no way am i saying that Concealment/Scrapper, are under performing in PvP, I just want to be able to benefit from all my passives/talents. In it's current state i don't feel like this specific passive is pulling it's weight.

Just wanted to share my view and to see if any other Operatives and Scoundrels feel the same way.

Cheers, :rak_03: