Deception shadow hits? Using Bolster stats

Totemdancer

i didn't checked it out. but if you want to test it out with bolster, you can go to your rishi stronghold with a friend. there is a terminal bolster you.

Yeah, I was using the fleet Bolster with the war zone dummy. I did end up once with a 19k after doing it for an hour.

Hits in the matches are maxing around 20-24k.

My stats are

Dmg 4773

42% crit

70% crit

15.42% Alacrity

103% accuracy (none equipped)

I dont know wether I should remove the alacrity Augments (down to 7.15%) and stack more crit and power.

Ok, I've just been playing around with this for comparison. Using my "248 geared" inflitration shadow (i.e. deception sin :D ). I have all 248 gear, with a single 252 relic. I have all 236 versatile augs (i.e. mastery).

Bolstered Stats (I'm not sure what you meant by "dmg" stat - so I'm listing them all.)

dmg: 4341-5063

crit: 45.94%

multi: 72.39%

acc: 101.72%

alac: 5.4%

force dmg: 4059.7

Shadow strike (back stab) seems to be my biggest hit. I think the build up to get the best from it is to do some direct attack, triggering "infiltration tactics", which causes the next SS to do 20% more dmg. Also "Potent Shadows", which is your crit booster and also increases SS damage by 30% it says.

With all that in mind, also... and this has always confused me a bit. Potent Shadows says "increases your force critical chance of direct attacks and heals by 60%", also that it burns a charge each time that happens. I watched while attacking the dummy, and the SS NEVER takes away a charge. I don't know what the heck the "force critical chance" is, vs just the normal non-force critical chance. But if stabbing someone in the back (or front, stupid nerf) is not a direct attack, I don't know what is.

Pyscho-kentic-blast DOES eat up a charge of Potent Shadows. It's a ranged attack with the force that does kinetic damage. Force Breach also appears to use one up, and it does internal damage with "Breaching Shadows". Breaching Shadows doesn't actually say it's a "force attack", but I guess since "Force Breach" has "Force" in the name... whatever.

Ok, so it turns out I cannot guarantee a crit with Shadow Strike... but that still seems to be my biggest single hit if it crits.

I attacked the training dummy for maybe 10 minutes or so. Here's what I got:

TLDR; biggest hit was 20K. I got a couple other 18 or 19K. The usual "big hit" was about 15K.

Shadow Strike Hits:

7622 (which is interesting, because I was always standing behind the dummy, and even figuring in front, the lowest damage my tooltip says is possible is 8803)

Other "big" hits:

Force Breach : 13908 max

Vaulting Slash: 13308 max

Psychokinetic Blast: 9660 max (note that I think the "big" hits of this actually come in 2 or 3 phases, so I'm not sure a single hit registers as the full damage).

Yeah, I was using the fleet Bolster with the war zone dummy. I did end up once with a 19k after doing it for an hour.

Hits in the matches are maxing around 20-24k.

My stats are

Dmg 4773

42% crit

70% crit

15.42% Alacrity

103% accuracy (none equipped)

I dont know wether I should remove the alacrity Augments (down to 7.15%) and stack more crit and power.

dont use wz dummy. they never removed the expertise requirment from it. your damage will never be correct

my 251 rating sin hits enemys without bolster for 23k ish

Edited by Seterade

In match hits:

I just did a Quesh HB. We had the ball most of the time, and I'm an objective-player, so I was mostly concentrated on getting ahead for a pass or Cc the enemy away from our ball carrier. But I got a few attacks in when they had the ball. Here are the "big hits" I got - I was mostly trying to use SS so there's not much else to pick from for other attacks. I'm not sure that Pyscho Blast even had a crit-hit at all...

SS: 23825, 22059, 24408, 26793

Force Breach: 16171

psycho Blast: 12691

I attacked the training dummy for maybe 10 minutes or so. Here's what I got:

TLDR; biggest hit was 20K. I got a couple other 18 or 19K. The usual "big hit" was about 15K.

Other "big" hits:

Force Breach : 13908 max

Vaulting Slash: 13308 max

Psychokinetic Blast: 9660 max (note that I think the "big" hits of this actually come in 2 or 3 phases, so I'm not sure a single hit registers as the full damage).

That’s pretty much what I’m seeing too. They are mostly 14-15k. I did do one 20k hit, but that’s the only one and that was from Maul.

I’m wondering if it would be better to rip out my alacrity Augments down to 7.15% and adding a tiny bit more crit and stacking power or master for the rest.

Edited by Totemdancer

use op dummy with armor reduction and 1.5m hp

you'll need 110% accuracy get an accurate parse, but your just going for crit damages so you can just hit it till you get the data you want

before you ask about the damage reduction, basicaly it iflicts the dummy with all the general armor debuffs a target obtains in multiplayer combat. I didnt get it at first but I do understand now that even if my sniper cant inflict tech dmg debuff my target in pvp will most likely have it

Edited by Seterade

use op dummy with armor reduction and 1.5m hp

you'll need 110% accuracy get an accurate parse, but your just going for crit damages so you can just hit it till you get the data you want

before you ask about the damage reduction, basicaly it iflicts the dummy with all the general armor debuffs a target obtains in multiplayer combat. I didnt get it at first but I do understand now that even if my sniper cant inflict tech dmg debuff my target in pvp will most likely have it

Is the armor reduction a buff or consumable? I’ve never used an ops dummy in 7 years.

Made a bunch of 228 Augs and a bunch of 230 enhancements and messed around with stats.

My main weapon is 246/242/242/mastery crystal

Everything else is 230 with 228 Augs

dmg: 4173 - 4875

Bonus dmg : 3770.3

Crit : 46.25%

Crit X : 73.84%

Acc : 103.76% (none equipped)

Alac : 7.50%

Even using the WZ dummy my crits are more regular around 17-20k. So that’s an improvement.

What I found out with my testing is Mastery Augs dont do much for stats. Sometimes they don’t do anything to the stats. My guess is there’s a cap on how much Mastery you can have with Bolster.

Edit:

I’m using -

8 Power Augs

6 Crit Augs

1 Alacrity Enhancement

6 Crit Enhancements

Edited by Totemdancer

All is "good" with bolster, until someone above it cracks you open.

Zero accuracy on dec sins aint gonna help you in pvp also.

From all your posts and threads complaining about incoming gear sets I thought you at least had one char in 248, but I guess anyone can call him/herself a "pvper" these days. :rolleyes:

All is "good" with bolster, until someone above it cracks you open.

Zero accuracy on dec sins aint gonna help you in pvp also.

From all your posts and threads complaining about incoming gear sets I thought you at least had one char in 248, but I guess anyone can call him/herself a "pvper" these days. :rolleyes:

I’ve multiple characters in 248 gear. If you read the title it says using Bolster stats. What I’m trying to find out is how good 230 gear bolsters compared to other gear.

You know, finding stuff out and helping the other pvpers who might be rerolling, returning to the game or not have time to get the gear.

I guess anyone can call themselves a pvper, you included. So there was no need for your rude post when I was doing an experiment and posting the results.

Maybe try helping the pvp community get better so you’ve got someone to play with in the future instead of being nasty.

What I found out with my testing is Mastery Augs dont do much for stats. Sometimes they don’t do anything to the stats. My guess is there’s a cap on how much Mastery you can have with Bolster.

I used Mastery because of a thread on these forums, admittedly pretty old now, that said that mastery vs power was basically the same, and that had some research charts posted to back it up. I'll completely admit that I don't even pretend to know what the best allotment of stats is. And I've seen plenty of conflicting claims on these boards all from people who "KNOW" they are right. :D

Anyway, I'm poor on SF, so I don't have the credit to throw around on swapping out gear to try to experiment much. So thanks for doing that for me! :)

I do think, though, that was getting a bit better crits than you were reporting? I saw you reported a single 19K after an hour of testing, where I got three 19K+ hits within about 10 minutes. But maybe that's because I was concentrating on Shadow Strike (Maul)?

I used Mastery because of a thread on these forums, admittedly pretty old now, that said that mastery vs power was basically the same, and that had some research charts posted to back it up. I'll completely admit that I don't even pretend to know what the best allotment of stats is. And I've seen plenty of conflicting claims on these boards all from people who "KNOW" they are right. :D

Anyway, I'm poor on SF, so I don't have the credit to throw around on swapping out gear to try to experiment much. So thanks for doing that for me! :)

I do think, though, that was getting a bit better crits than you were reporting? I saw you reported a single 19K after an hour of testing, where I got three 19K+ hits within about 10 minutes. But maybe that's because I was concentrating on Shadow Strike (Maul)?

I think Mastery is still correct if you already have all 252-258 gear because Bolster isn’t used. But with Bolster I think Mastery must be capped and when you reach a certain amount nothing else changes.

I tested this some more and noticed if I added just 1 Mastery Aug I got a small increase in crit stats and 1 point in dmg stats. But the stats stopped increasing if I added any more Mastery Augs instead of power. So I added an extra crit enhancement and replaced the crit Aug with power one.

This gave me more dmg stats than the Mastery Aug and overall more crit. I did have to sacrifice my accuracy enhancement, but I still get 103% Acc with none equipped.

I’m playing around some more and I could replace a crit Aug with an Acc Aug to test in actual pvp. But I’m not sure if it’s necessary at the moment. I’m mainly playing my 248 geared Shadow