sith vs jedi

Ferninator

i know im expected by the public to like the jedi, but the more i read of the sith the more i see the jedi like an idiotic opressive force with no real knoledge in the force, just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there feeling the same way

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sith are proactive and the Jedi reactive.

Or...

The Sith make things happen, the Jedi wait for them to happen.

So it is easy to be more attracted to the Sith; playing defense all the time is dull.

Add to that, the movies constantly showing that it takes 2 Jedi to defeat 1 Sith makes the Sith look bad-***.

If you are playing to get involved with the universe, you need the right attitude to role-play a Jedi. Strength does not come from regressing to our animal-state. Strength comes from resisting those primitive instincts.

or...

It's easy to kill. It far more difficult and far more rewarding to spare a life and save a life.

Late point: Ask yourself this: Would you prefer to live as a Sith, constantly looking over your shoulder for the knife in the back, the poison in the cup and the bomb on your ship? To desire war over peace, hate over kindness?

If so, the Dark Side is for you.

The Sith has a lot to offer because their main fuel is emotions. While being a jedi means almost being a robot..

The Sith also lose their minds in the process.

Also the Jedi do not turn into emotionless robots at all, this is a very common misconception, they do not deny their emotions, this is impossible, what they do is keep their emotions from clouding their judgement, they think before they react, they think with their heads not their emotion.

Also the Jedi do not turn into emotionless robots at all, this is a very common misconception, they do not deny their emotions, this is impossible, what they do is keep their emotions from clouding their judgement, they think before they react, they think with their heads not their emotion.

They do work very hard to suppress their emotions, though. Revan believed that positive emotions like Love and Compassion could strengthen a Jedi's bond with the Force. Unfortunately, the Jedi Council sees all emotion as standing in the way of Justice.

They do work very hard to suppress their emotions, though. Revan believed that positive emotions like Love and Compassion could strengthen a Jedi's bond with the Force. Unfortunately, the Jedi Council sees all emotion as standing in the way of Justice.

No, some Jedi seek a Zen-like exstence, free of emotion, most Jedi do not though, some Jedi can fully absorb their emotions, most notably Jar-kai and Ataru practitioners, or to an even greater degree Shien practitioners, and let them out in combat, without falling to the Dark Side, the stereotype of the emotionless Jedi is very highly perpetuated for such a small minority of it's members.

Revan's ideals about positive emotions somewhat carried onto the New Jedi Order that Luke Skywalker founds after he kills Palatine. I like this point of view myself, nuturing is good, out of control is bad.

Though still being in control of those emotions so is still important so you don't end up like little old Anakin and be manipulated into killing millions of "good" people to fail at saving your wife.

Edited by CJAShadow

name one fight where a jedi HAS NOT used either rage, anger, hate, or fear. (from the movies)

I can name the ORIGINAL duel where a Jedi didn't use any of these things. Obi-Wan and Vader on the Death Star. Obi-Wan, even though he knew he was going to die, remained completely calm.

No, some Jedi seek a Zen-like exstence, free of emotion, most Jedi do not though, some Jedi can fully absorb their emotions, most notably Jar-kai and Ataru practitioners, or to an even greater degree Shien practitioners, and let them out in combat, without falling to the Dark Side, the stereotype of the emotionless Jedi is very highly perpetuated for such a small minority of it's members.

I know what you're saying. But, and of course there always has to be a but in there someplace, The Jedi COUNCIL is the prevailing authority who dictates what Jedi SHOULD do. I was remarking on their views. They basically want the Jedi to suppress their emotions and passions. That is, imo, unhealthy to say the least. Yes, Ataru and Shien style fighters use their emotions in battle. They also have a history of actively seeking out combat to release the pressure of their built-up emotions. They would suppress them to the extent that they would be forced to use them or be driven insane. Ulic was one such. When he went "undercover" in Exar Kun's organization, he found that the pure release of emotions that he usually reserved for battle or alone time with Nomi was more than he could handle.

Also Obi-Wan vs Vader on mustafar.

Actually, I think Obi-Wan always kept calm. Even in his fight against Grievous. He just studied his opponents and figured out ways to defeat them. Granted, he improvised against Grievous, and he was NOT the best swordsman in the Order by a long shot. He just knew how to compensate for lack of raw skill by quick thinking and improvisation. :)

Actually, I think Obi-Wan always kept calm. Even in his fight against Grievous. He just studied his opponents and figured out ways to defeat them. Granted, he improvised against Grievous, and he was NOT the best swordsman in the Order by a long shot. He just knew how to compensate for lack of raw skill by quick thinking and improvisation. :)

Well I was mainly responding to the whole, show an instance where jedi haven't used anger, fear etc in a fight and that was one of them. Since Anakin was Vader, sith lord and Obi-Wan a jedi.

Revan's ideals about positive emotions somewhat carried onto the New Jedi Order that Luke Skywalker founds after he kills Palatine. I like this point of view myself, nuturing is good, out of control is bad.

Though still being in control of those emotions so is still important so you don't end up like little old Anakin and be manipulated into killing millions of "good" people to fail at saving your wife.

Anakin was a special(ed) case. Terminally stupid, and easily manipulated.

name one fight where a jedi HAS NOT used either rage, anger, hate, or fear. (from the movies)

Yoda vs Sidious.

Obi-Wan vs Vader.

Obi-Wan vs Vader II

Qui-Gon Jinn vs Darth Maul.

Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku.

Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku. (AotC)

Yoda vs Dooku.

More that I can't recall.

I know what you're saying. But, and of course there always has to be a but in there someplace, The Jedi COUNCIL is the prevailing authority who dictates what Jedi SHOULD do. I was remarking on their views. They basically want the Jedi to suppress their emotions and passions.

No they don't.

They seek control over emotions and to guard against quick reaction.

Suppressing emotions? no, passions? yes.

You have to remember that the Jedi council in the movies are weaker than the council in SWTOR. Sidious had been using his dark powers to weaken the jedi without them knowing. The way i see it Sith have more raw power than the Jedi. But because they have so much raw power they become arrogant and overestimate their own abilities (Vader). Because Jedi are in control of their emotions, they can stay calm and focused even in the most difficult battles. Love does not lead to the dark side. If a jedi can learn to control their emotions even after a loved on dies, they can love without fear of going to the dark side. Because Sith fight with so many emotions they are often blinded by how powerful they think they are (As he was destroying Luke, Sidious believed he was so powerful and invincible that he never though that Vader would betray him. He was wrong.) This makes it easy for a jedi to expose a siths weak points. Revan was the ideal sith. He learn the ways of the dark side without letting his thirst for power blind him. This allowed him to become stronger than most Jedi

True, but the potential of reaching true power is achievable if you follow the path of the dark side . Because, this is just my personal opinion, emotion though can be everyone's bane is the greatest motivation for anyone.

Great point on the last part.

Um no, the PT are the prime of the jedi so the council in the movies is far stronger then the council in SWTOR.

Mace Windu states that the councils abilities in the force had begun to weaken. A great deal of their judgment had been clouded by Sidious which is why he was able to out smart them.

Mace Windu states that the councils abilities in the force had begun to weaken. A great deal of their judgment had been clouded by Sidious which is why he was able to out smart them.

That doesn't mean they are weaker, only that their vision had been clouded by the most powerful sith lord ever. Here is what Mace said

Mace: "I think its time we inform the senate, that our ability to use the force has diminished."

But then Yoda says

Yoda: "Only the dark lord of the sith knows of our weakness."

So their ability to use the force wasn't weakening it was Palpatine who was clouding their minds.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

True, but the potential of reaching true power is achievable if you follow the path of the dark side . Because, this is just my personal opinion, emotion though can be everyone's bane is the greatest motivation for anyone.

Great point on the last part.

The path of true power in Star Wars comes from following the Light Side only. When a Jedi, and this is something a Sith cannot ever do, fully gives him (or her) self over to the Force that Jedi becomes completely unstoppable.

A million Sith could try to put them down at that point and would fail.

Luke Skywalker was able to achieve speeds that were so fast not even Jedi Masters could see him moving.

Ganner was able to hold off an entire army while shouting "None shall pass!" as he took on a thousand warriors and artillery.

No Sith can ever even touch that power because no Sith can give themselves over to the Force.

The path of true power in Star Wars comes from following the Light Side only. When a Jedi, and this is something a Sith cannot ever do, fully gives him (or her) self over to the Force that Jedi becomes completely unstoppable.

A million Sith could try to put them down at that point and would fail.

Luke Skywalker was able to achieve speeds that were so fast not even Jedi Masters could see him moving.

Ganner was able to hold off an entire army while shouting "None shall pass!" as he took on a thousand warriors and artillery.

No Sith can ever even touch that power because no Sith can give themselves over to the Force.

But Jedi can gain knowledge from the dark side. After Revan regained his memories he was able to use both light and dark abilities even though he followed the light.

But Jedi can gain knowledge from the dark side. After Revan regained his memories he was able to use both light and dark abilities even though he followed the light.

No he wasn't able to use both Light and Dark abilities.

It doesn't work like that. The Dark Side is literally infectious. If you use it, it drives you insane eventually. If a Jedi uses the Dark Side regularly they will eventually fall, nobody can "resist it" as it canonically doesn't work that way.

Tales of Jedi who can use the Dark Side but remain untouched by it are a myth, they are a weapon used by Sith usually to turn Jedi to the Dark Side.

That was how Vergere and Lumiya lead Jacen Solo to the Dark Side too.