Regarding Changes in WZ matchmaking

Twin

Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55.

So...mid level PUGs can get matched against Optimized Elite WH geared premades? Am i getting that correct?

So...mid level PUGs can get matched against Optimized Elite WH geared premades? Am i getting that correct?

What you are missing is the bolster effect. The game will bolster lower players up, and higher players DOWN in stats to make them even. My full EWH gear will not make a lick of difference other than the set bonus.

Bolster will work off of gear level and not player level so its not going to be what you all think it will be like. The only issue is players who have been 50 for a while will have quite the advantage over a lowbie who never pvps and has no clue what is going on.

Then form a group. He was right.

Not everybody has the time or feels like making a group.. You have a lot of casuals in this game that like just hoping into a fun random fight. If you put 2 ques for single and group you just fixed the problem... We can all play what we whant...

Oh and enough with get a group. It just make you people look like *******. You think you can get all the people that join a game teams? Let's say i get a team and then stomp on other pugs *** is that? PVP? No... Does not matter if you stomp or get stomped its bad as hell.

Noy onlt that teams are formed from experenced people who are going to STOMP over the casual player... Gear and skill... Yeah now give me the "LTP" comment.

Edited by Xanas

Not everybody has the time or feels like making a group.. You have a lot of casuals in this game that like just hoping into a fun random fight. If you put 2 ques for single and group you just fixed the problem... We can all play what we whant...

Oh and enough with get a group. It just make you people look like *******. You think you can get all the people that join a game teams? Let's say i get a team and then stomp on other pugs *** is that? PVP? No... Does not matter if you stomp or get stomped its bad as hell.

Noy onlt that teams are formed from experenced people who are going to STOMP over the casual player... Gear and skill... Yeah now give me the "LTP" comment.

I just wanna point out that "premades" are limited to only 4 players in anything other than Ranked WZ's, which I assume you're not doing. Even as a solo player, you have an equally good of a chance of being paired with a "premade" as anyone else does.

WZ's are a lot like HM Ops - not everyone should be doing them. If you really are getting stomped that bad, maybe start a new toon and play in the 1-whatever bracket until you start to learn the WZ's. I didn't start with HM/NiM Ops...

Not really in the lvl 30's favor and I don't see how they could improve their situation. Like, who would group with them? I don't think that many lvl 50-54's will go Hey, I'm going to gimp myself by grouping with that lvl 30 who doesnt have all his abilties yet.. Not to mention that a bunch of 30's don't know any 50's. So, are they going to group with other lvl 30's? The advantage they will get from playing in a group will be outweighed by the fact that they now have atleast four lvl 30's on the team.

I believe I read somewhere that bolster is based on level/class and not gear. Would be horrible if gear was a factor because a lot of people don't give a **** while leveling. I had 20 levels old gear on my commando before digning 50 (was going to be a crafting alt so it didnt matter but I did PvP on him from time to time while leveling). We will be able to trade in comms for planetary ones but a lot of people will probably never figure out how to do that.

and your imaginary solution is to do what exactly then?

segregate Queues with a gear check, group check, valor check?

None of that will ever help you kid, as there is no way to create a skill check. So nut up and wipe away the tears.

I know that if we have a solo que you will sit for 20 mins in que as the majority will do the solo que... Anyway i pay for this game. I don't provide solutions to the developers... I DEMAND them because i am giving money for a service.

The fact that you find from time to time so 4 morons that just group up is irrelevant. Just some 3 games ago we had a team of 4 people with 2 smash guys + 2 ops healers... We could not kill them. Not efter we got trough the first doors and no renforcements could get back to them.

Take those 4 players and put them in a pug, solo. High probability that your team would have had the exact same issue. having gone against that makeup before, it is difficult, but not impossible, to defeat that setup.

Now if you get in a pug that doesn't have counters to those classes it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible. But again, that is not because they grouped together.

And how many times do premades have healers and pugs do not? Also how many times to premades have GOOD healers (just as important) and pugs do not?

The point that some type of change where groups are qued with group and randoms with randoms should be implemented even if the system has to look for another team of 4 for 1 team of 4 and then feel the rest of space with pugs.

This game has just about NO real pvp where sides are equal. The good games are so rare its not even funny.

Ya know what I think would make you feel better? Roll a healer yourself. Pubs are notoriously low on healers in WZ's - you'd be a hit and able to make a HUGE difference immediately. My "premades" seldom have a healer...hell, half the time it's 2-3 Commandos and 1-2 Vanguards...we basically give the match away.

Maybe a tweak they could make would be to have "roles" players can sign up for, like in GF, that prevents 4 healers from going against 8 DPS. But the matchmaking system isn't really as bad as you make it out to be...and I solo quite a bit.

I know that if we have a solo que you will sit for 20 mins in que as the majority will do the solo que... Anyway i pay for this game. I don't provide solutions to the developers... I DEMAND them because i am giving money for a service.

No, you DEMAND things because you're an incompetent nincompoop. There is no solution to your "problem" because your "problem" is imaginary. You suck, as do lots of people, and they only want to play with other children. This scenario exists however, you just need to go down to your community center where the daycare operates.

So you just would rather complain and not actually offer any solution to the issue you are complaining about?

"I DEMAND YOU CHANGE THIS" - "Well what would you like us to do instead?" - "I DON'T KNOW I JUST WANT YOU TO CHANGE IT"

Then form a group. He was right.

From my POV this wasn't about grouping - rather having Elite geared ppl matched against those who haven't even gotten their entire skillsets yet. Im not against premades, but i fail to see how it helps 4 level 30's to group up against 4 Elite WH's?

Bolster will work off of gear level and not player level so its not going to be what you all think it will be like. The only issue is players who have been 50 for a while will have quite the advantage over a lowbie who never pvps and has no clue what is going on.

Didn't they just say that bolster would boost stats simular to "Recruitgear" and hence Recruitgear will be removed from the game? If so, WH gear has quite the advantage over them anyway - not to speak of the real advantage; The lack of abilities to use in combat for midlevels compared to a level 50+

not to speak of the real advantage; The lack of abilities to use in combat for midlevels compared to a level 50+

Which is the same as a level 49 vs level 10. Lowbie PvP has been dealing with that since inception, so I do not believe that argument really holds much water.

Which is the same as a level 49 vs level 10. Lowbie PvP has been dealing with that since inception, so I do not believe that argument really holds much water.

The difference being that Level 49's cant wear WH gear. So it's not the same situation, and they made a certain bracket for level 50 after launch for a reason.

Isn't it a bit harsh to both give midlevels the disadvantage of lacking skills against higher levels, and at the same time allow ppl in your bracket you to wear allmost twice your expertise/stats? Or will the bolster system also flatten downwards, making your WH gear stats simular to Recruitstats?

Bingo!

Ooh is that so? If that's the case, then there isn't a problem from my point of view...wasn't even considering that possibility when i posted the thread.

Are you sure of that though?

Bolster is now based on item rating rather than character level. Recruit-level gear is no longer available, as players will be automatically bolstered to this level of item power if they do not meet it naturally.

To me the word "Bolster" means "strengthen" not "even out". Getting "bolstered" to a certain level of power doesnt sound like something you would say if you're gonna give someone a negative effect?