"Weapon tunings: You NEED it!"

ArkhaanPremiare

Are you serious with this? And "Only available in our scumbag gambling packs!" nonetheless. Oh what, you spend probably hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a little pointless lightning effect on your saber? Or even more pointless and out of place, your blaster? I mean these guys are really outdoing themselves with these lousy ideas introduced solely to increase gambling revenue rather than coming up with something that will actually IMPROVE the game. This is exactly why I'm not resubbing. They put the least amount of effort possible for everything they do. Just one short and lazy KOTFE chapter each month and useless, pointless crap that you're highly unlikely to get after purchasing a dlc pack.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And he strikes again!

drunk and/or stoned rants on the forum do not impress anyone.

I don't drink or smoke that crap, I'm a law abiding citizen. I just wish people would wake the hell up. When DCUO was doing this crap, their fans didn't put up with it. It's ridiculous that you people think this crap is okay.

well, he has a point though.

Like, they spend time on this, when it's been a year and a half since they added an operation and will likely be at least another year before it happens? People are tired of waiting for mmo content while being charged mmo subscription fees, and BW just keeps releasing single player rpg story chapters that are not mmo content. And, releasing frivolous stuff like this just makes people wonder where there priorities are - because if they have resources that are not tied up in kotfe, why aren't they doing something constructive with that?

Are you serious with this? And "Only available in our scumbag gambling packs!" nonetheless. Oh what, you spend probably hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a little pointless lightning effect on your saber? Or even more pointless and out of place, your blaster? I mean these guys are really outdoing themselves with these lousy ideas introduced solely to increase gambling revenue rather than coming up with something that will actually IMPROVE the game. This is exactly why I'm not resubbing. They put the least amount of effort possible for everything they do. Just one short and lazy KOTFE chapter each month and useless, pointless crap that you're highly unlikely to get after purchasing a dlc pack.

Translation:

Dear Bioware developers,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my disappointment in your creative decision to not allow players to add weapon tunings to existing weapons. As a deeply invested player I thoroughly enjoy using the weapons that I have already contributed real world money to obtain. I would like request you consider making adjustments to the delivery of your upcoming cosmetic feature. Specifically I would like to see an option to craft or purchase weapon tuning kits that I can use to apply to my weapons, so my existing weapons can continue to be awesome.

Kind regards,

ArkhaanPremiare.

well, he has a point though.

Like, they spend time on this, when it's been a year and a half since they added an operation and will likely be at least another year before it happens? People are tired of waiting for mmo content while being charged mmo subscription fees, and BW just keeps releasing single player rpg story chapters that are not mmo content. And, releasing frivolous stuff like this just makes people wonder where there priorities are - because if they have resources that are not tied up in kotfe, why aren't they doing something constructive with that?

That's exactly what I'm saying, in a less sarcastic manner. Why are they wasting time with this CRAP that nobody actually cares about? Made even worse by the fact that you likely won't ever get it unless you spend hundreds of dollars gambling or spend hours upon hours grinding for some stupid electricity on your weapon

Edited by ArkhaanPremiare

I think the idea of adding your own visual effects is awesome! I don't get why there is any hate for further customisation and features like this have been specifically asked for. Can we please not have pointless rants, a KOTFE themed operation is sure to come at the end of all this (I think....) anyway, so just drink some tea and relax and OMG enjoy the effects! (I'm totally getting on with the lightning ish)

I think the idea of adding your own visual effects is awesome! I don't get why there is any hate for further customisation and features like this have been specifically asked for. Can we please not have pointless rants, a KOTFE themed operation is sure to come at the end of all this (I think....) anyway, so just drink some tea and relax and OMG enjoy the effects! (I'm totally getting on with the lightning ish)

The hate is stemming from the way they're handling it. It isn't meant to be a new product to improve player experience and customisation, it's just another one of their cartel pack schemes designed to get players to gamble all their money away on it. And they're spending all their time thinking up new ways to get people to gamble rather than legitimately trying to make the game better.

Edited by ArkhaanPremiare

So tell me why they have the time to make this stuff while my Operative is STILL holding his imaginary weapon? I mean if they're working on you-beaut weapons graphics, why are they so fusterclucking stupid as to not figure out how to fix this other graphical glitch? It's great we can have all these amazing graphics, but HEY, STUPID CODE MONKEYS... HOW GOOD IS IT GOING TO LOOK WHEN IT'S STUCK ON MY BACK AND I'M STILL PROUDLY HOLDING MY IMAGINARY WEAPON.

K rant over.....

Edited by Rantank

I think the turning looks cool and I will try to get it and I do not care if in the cartel packs really. But I do not think them putting in the cartel packs was bioware idea no I think it was EA idea anything that could make EA make them money they get involve.

You should take your referral link out of your signature since you're trying to drive people away by talking as much junk about the game and the developers as you can it doesn't make much sense to try and get them to use your referral link.

Are you serious with this? And "Only available in our scumbag gambling packs!" nonetheless. Oh what, you spend probably hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a little pointless lightning effect on your saber? Or even more pointless and out of place, your blaster? .

Or you can wait 36 hours and buy one off the GTN. It ain't rocket science.

And they're spending all their time thinking up new ways to get people to gamble rather than legitimately trying to make the game better.

They just put out hours and hours of story content, and two new PvP warzones. Take a chill pill.

Edited by Caelrie

I am pretty sure that the people working on content/improvements are not the same people making cashshop items so what you are saying makes no sense.

Or maybe you would rather have the cashshop item making people join the content/improvement team. At which point they will have less income and will probably have to fire staff.

Be glad they are trying to make money because that does not only keep the game alive, it also determines how much money there is for actual content.

Being surprised that a business is trying to make money...maybe pay better attention in class next time.

Edited by Gokkus

I am pretty sure that the people working on content/improvements are not the same people making cashshop items so what you are saying makes no sense.

Or maybe you would rather have the cashshop item making people join the content/improvement team. At which point they will have less income and will probably have to fire staff.

Be glad they are trying to make money because that does not only keep the game alive, it also determines how much money there is for actual content.

Being surprised that a business is trying to make money...maybe pay better attention in class next time.

Just curious, do you really feel like a lot of the money they're making gets reinvested into this game right now?

As for the weapon tunings, I welcome their addition to the game in general(as long as they're not so super rare that only rich chars can afford them), but I share the OP's sentiment in that they should rather invest their resources into actual MMO content at this moment.

Im not gonna spend a single dollar or in my case Euro with this new "gamble scam".

Not one is being forced of course, let's remember that. Like in real life, you have choices, To spend or to not spend.

If the whales want to spend dozens of hard gained money, let them.

And let's not be surprised with greed "moves" (packs etc) from this company, this is not a new thing.

Sigh.

First off it is just a simple little cosmetic treat, that many people will want. Its no big game changing deal, just something those who want more cosmetic options will enjoy.

Secondly, it would be nice if you actually read all of what they said about these things before going on a rant. Only the very first one will be in packs as more are created players will be able to get them through different means. Such as rewards, crafting, coms/crystals, most likely in a similar way as decorations.

Just curious, do you really feel like a lot of the money they're making gets reinvested into this game right now?

As for the weapon tunings, I welcome their addition to the game in general(as long as they're not so super rare that only rich chars can afford them), but I share the OP's sentiment in that they should rather invest their resources into actual MMO content at this moment.

Not sure, but I have no doubt the opposite is true: when they earn less money, less content will be coming out. And yes, I believe it is far more likely that EA will invest more money in a game that brings in more money.

Everyone should want this game to do good. I am not spending money on weapon tuning but I hope a lot of other people do. You know, so the game does better. Which is better for everyone ultimately.

I don't drink or smoke that crap, I'm a law abiding citizen. I just wish people would wake the hell up. When DCUO was doing this crap, their fans didn't put up with it. It's ridiculous that you people think this crap is okay.
Umm, what are you talking about with DCUO?

I have played that game since 2011 and I am on the forums quite frequently. There has never been anything put on their Marketplace that was complained about in any way that you are suggesting .

Their Marketplace is crap and most complaints are about wanting them to make it better.

The only thing that I can think of that might fall under your rant, would be the Booster bundles, to which people are constantly asking for more of them.

Not sure, but I have no doubt the opposite is true: when they earn less money, less content will be coming out. And yes, I believe it is far more likely that EA will invest more money in a game that brings in more money.

Everyone should want this game to do good. I am not spending money on weapon tuning but I hope a lot of other people do. You know, so the game does better. Which is better for everyone ultimately.

Sure, I want them to stay profitable as opposed to shutting the servers down, but not at any price. I wouldn't have the slightest problem with them flooding the game with shiny things that people will spend 100s of $ on if I felt that their release cadence of content of all varieties was adequate for 15$ a month.

Right now I feel like EA is feeding them just enough $$$ to produce the absolute minimum amount of content needed to remain profitable.

If EA was really invested in this product, they would have granted BW enough staff to work on all areas of the game (story/repeatable PvE content/PvP) simultaneously.

I think it's brilliant. Do little effort and reap the rewards. Why waste time and money to fix something? That requires too much effort. Let's get a plain ol box, wrap it in a pretty bow and name it "epic". Now let's sit back and watch the fools give us their money. Muah muah haa haa. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Sure, I want them to stay profitable as opposed to shutting the servers down, but not at any price. I wouldn't have the slightest problem with them flooding the game with shiny things that people will spend 100s of $ on if I felt that their release cadence of content of all varieties was adequate for 15$ a month.

Right now I feel like EA is feeding them just enough $$$ to produce the absolute minimum amount of content needed to remain profitable.

If EA was really invested in this product, they would have granted BW enough staff to work on all areas of the game (story/repeatable PvE content/PvP) simultaneously.

Now see that is something we definitely agree on. Making all the heroics and FPs worthwhile again was nice, but how about some new ones, or quest areas or anything but railroaded story. That seems a different discussion however.

I feel that the above is unrelated to new cash shop items coming out. I really do not think that they can simply work on more content instead of the cashshop items and everything will be dandy.

I feel that the above is unrelated to new cash shop items coming out. I really do not think that they can simply work on more content instead of the cashshop items and everything will be dandy.

You're probably right, although implementing this new tunings system must have cost a lot more resources than churning out their next run of the mill speeder or lightsaber.

I guess all I wanted to say is that I'd be a lot more excited about announcements like this, if I was more content with the game as a whole.

They put the least amount of effort possible for everything they do. Just one short and lazy KOTFE chapter each month and useless, pointless crap that you're highly unlikely to get after purchasing a dlc pack.

Making a new chapter in the stoyrline is not easier than creating a new operation. Adding such features like weapon tuning doesn't take any less effort than, say creating new companions/mounts/etc. And I find it hard to believe that weapon tuning items will be available only from the new packs.

What I AM worried about is the number of bugs we will see with these new features...

You're probably right, although implementing this new tunings system must have cost a lot more resources than churning out their next run of the mill speeder or lightsaber.

I guess all I wanted to say is that I'd be a lot more excited about announcements like this, if I was more content with the game as a whole.

Yeah I can understand that. Honestly, weapon tuning doesnt seem all that special to me. Hope Im wrong though and that it will have been worth the time.

Pretty much this. Im sure Art guy Bob has vast knowledge of how to think up, design, and implement operations and warzones...

Its rather like getting mad the janitor at mcdonalds wont drop the toilet scrubber and make you a big mac because there is a line and you want it right naow!

Remember, EA only cares about making money, so no matter how much we might want something "grand" to be made for us, they will authorize what is easiest, cheapest, and least time consuming so having an art guy quickly make a sparkle effect that they -know- will sell as shown by the demand for the Arbiter sabers, they will always go with the "quick and easy" thing to sell while the time consuming projects are worrked on.

Again, different people work on different things, do you -really want the janitor making your big mac?

Edited by XiamaraSimi