Hutta? *** is Hutta lol

sdom

I'm not big on Lore.

One thing I do know for certain though (since you learn it on Nar Shadda in KOTOR 2 which is probably one of the most memorable instances in the old old republic games).

Hutts didn't live on "Hutta" they lived on "Nal Hutta" and its been annoying me since I started my sniper yesterday.

Anyone else noticed any weird differences between KOTOR and SWTOR information?

Heaven forbid that the names of things change across the centuries..

You have a point. I forgot this was Mars way back in 1620.

It's a planet. One does not simply rename a planet.

The name of the planet is still Nal Hutta. SWTOR just refers to it as Hutta for convenience. Heck the game's OST refers to it as

How is that convenient in any way lol.

Why isn't Nar Shadda just called Shadda, then?

Is there some kind of linguistic lore that makes "Nal" a honorific or a prefix?

Because as far as I can see.

Its a planet with half a name.

The games OST may refer to it with the proper name but that's just even more mistifying since it clearly indicates they knew what it was.

One does not simply rename a planet.

You might think the same about cities, but as an example, the city in Russia that was once called Leningrad has had many names:

* Founding until 1914: Sankt-Peterburg (Saint Petersburg in English)

* 1914 until 1924: Petrograd

* 1924 until 1991: Leningrad

* 1991 onwards: Sankt-Peterburg again.

And I live near the French city of Lille (from "L'Île" == "the Island"), known in Dutch as Rijsel = "The Island", so things can have different names in different languages.

And countries get different names over time as well. Consider Burma / Myanmar or Sri Lanka / Ceylon.

So why not planets as well?

"You have a point. I forgot this was Mars way back in 1620.

It's a planet. One does not simply rename a planet."

Korriban. Named as such in the old republic. In Star Wars legends later referred to as Morriban…..:p

Korriban is never referred to as Moraband in Legends, that is part of Canon.

It's actually a bit of a grey area. TCW is both canon and legends, however season 6 didn't come out until after the Disney takeover, so whether it is part of legends or not is a matter of perspective.

It also isn't really relevant, the point is that planets can go by different names in the star wars universe, regardless of which one.

It's actually a bit of a grey area. TCW is both canon and legends, however season 6 didn't come out until after the Disney takeover, so whether it is part of legends or not is a matter of perspective.

I know, but even if you include TCW part of Legends, which I do. Season 6 cannot be considered part of Legends due to its post-reboot release, as any project of The Clone Wars:Legacy stuff.

It also isn't really relevant, the point is that planets can go by different names in the star wars universe, regardless of which one.

It is quite relevant, as in Legends Korriban is never referred to as Moraband. A better example would be Korriban's name under the reign of Xim the Despot, Pesegam.