For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

Shreb

Ranked pvp, by design, was created for high level of pvp play. A place where organized, competitive and talented guilds could slug it out. It was a place to escape the bitter cold truth of pugs and play with like minded players and guildies who are just as good as you are and take it just as serious.

The problem.....

This game is not competitive because bioware never made anything worth competing for. There are no rewards or "ego stroking" that would be needed for competitive ranked teams. Simple things like unique titles, special armor sets, something/anything for the top % of pvpers and pveers. In turn many of the good pvp guilds and pve guilds have left this game for other things.

The fix......

Make is so that ranked pvp matters. Make it so that by doing it you are somehow working towards a higher goal. Make pve not so bland by spicing up the loot itemization and stop rehashing old zones. Make the **** rare and not craftable by every weekend warrior on the server.

For anyone to say they are a top pve guild or top pvp guild at this point of this game is like conquering your sandbox in your mom's backyard as a 35 year old man. The truth is until this game brings out "incentives" you will find the majority of truly competitive world wide guilds moving elsewhere because this game does not supply them with their fix and fuel for their competitive drive.

For those wanting to do ranked wz they were created mainly for the top guilds on each server. However, because there are so few "top guilds" it a ghost town... and has been a ghost town...and will always BE a ghost town. Kickball style pvp is terribly annoying for competitive guilds because ranked wz's was a way to get away from the pug atmosphere. So I can't blame uncensored for their decision. However, I don't understand how uncensored didn't get the memo a few months back that the ranked scene is dead and has been for many months. So given the circumstance at least kickball was a way to bring some life back into ranked even if it wasn't what it was intended for.

Edited by Utopii

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is not competitive because bioware never made anything worth competing for. There are no rewards or "ego stroking" that would be needed for competitive ranked teams. Simple things like unique titles, special armor sets, something/anything for the top % of pvpers and pveers. In turn many of the good pvp guilds and pve guilds have left this game for other things.

Try telling that to some of the top players. "Zomg my rank will go down!"

It's pre-season.

Whoops, did I just use logic?

Now, if it weren't pre-season and there were something to aim for -- I'd definitely agree with people, but as it stands there is absolutely no point of a rank at this point other than being "good" in pre-season (which obviously people get off to, somehow.)

Edited by Milly_

I know I haven't been much part of the Ranked scene since I have returned even in the pug groups. However, I look at the pug ranked matches as at the least a way to keep from being randomly grouped with people who don't bother to wear pvp gear, or the unfortunate person in fresh 50 recruit gear. At this point, having more than 1 person in a regular wz wearing recruit gear can be a major detriment.

OT, maybe I'll show up for some of these ranked matches. If I get my guardian some tank gear I might be more desirable to my guild than I am as a commando.

It's pre-season.

Now, if it weren't pre-season and there were something to aim for -- I'd definitely agree with people, but as it stands there is absolutely no point of a rank at this point other than being "good" in pre-season (which obviously people get off to, somehow.)

Pre-season is just a safe word for the current state of ranked pvp. If your guild is bad at ranked..who cares it is pre-season. Ranked pvp sucks..who cares it is pre-season. I care about my rating because I am awesome....who cares it is pre-season. You see how that word is used for everything?

I am not sure if this is your first mmo but anytime a company uses the term pre-season or beta etc.. it normally their way of testing the waters without having major repercussions or backlash on their development. My issue is not that it is "pre-season" but the fact that we have been in pre-season forever now with absolutely NO CHANGES to ranked pvp. If it was truly pre-season we would see some gradual changes to ranked pvp and/or rewards especially after 6 months. Or at the very least communication about it. In stead we are left with the word "pre-season" which keeps the the unintelligent overly content bad pvpers safe at night.

Edited by Utopii

Pre-season is just a safe word for the current state of ranked pvp. If your guild is bad at ranked..who cares it is pre-season. Ranked pvp sucks..who cares it is pre-season. I care about my rating because I am awesome....who cares it is pre-season. You see how that word is used for everything?

I am not sure if this is your first mmo but anytime a company uses the term pre-season or beta etc.. it normally their way of testing the waters without having major repercussions or backlash on their development. My issue is not that it is "pre-season" but the fact that we have been in pre-season forever now with absolutely NO CHANGES to ranked pvp. If it was truly pre-season we would see some gradual changes to ranked pvp and/or rewards especially after 6 months. In stead we are left with the word "pre-season" which keeps the the unintelligent overly content bad pvpers safe at night.

It certainly is my first MMO in terms of being so involved with it, and in no way am I calling out you, nor LD-50. I'm just saying, the slate is gonna be wiped clean if they ever decide to come out with Season 1, in which I would *understand* people not wanting to lose their ranking. I agree BW needs to do sometime to spice things up, PvP is becoming stale for myself, and I've definitely seen a decline in some of the top players -- which is sad and unfortunate. I really do wish that PD would do ranked more.

OK... we have a JC PVP Mumble server. Whisper me in game for info as I am not posting it here publicly. This is all to use for ranked, unranked, etc. I have 50 slots as of now and can adjust if needed. If it gets abused or someone is doing a $#*, I'll ban them.

OK... we have a JC PVP Mumble server. Whisper me in game for info as I am not posting it here publicly. This is all to use for ranked, unranked, etc. I have 50 slots as of now and can adjust if needed. If it gets abused or someone is doing a $#*, I'll ban them.

Cool! Is this for Pub, Imp, or both?

It's pre-season.

I don't think to many people that are already over 2400 really care, some that are at like 2300 understandably will only want to queue with winning teams. It would be cool to get a rating up over 3k though, how many people can claim that.

Good games last night, everyone who was running should continue doing so, even if Devil isn't able to organize there's no reason you guys can't form an ops and find some captains. The same goes for pub side I'm sure all of you, imp and pub, know enough about strats, marking, calling targets etc to effectively run teams. If enough people do this then ranked will work as intended with the ELO system, higher ranked teams will face higher ranked teams and vice versa.

IMO the hardest thing to obtain in this game is a ranking over 2200, and the reward for it is a set of armour that looks the same and is red, and a mount woo! That is one of the biggest failures of the game there isnt any good ways to display your accomplishments/epeen aside from a couple of mounts and red armour, its baffling to me considering loot is pretty much what drives most players to play (aside from relationships made in game of course ) You can obtain a full set of best in slot PVE gear if you have the mats/credits, most of the current PVE sets need some tinkering to get them right anyways, so in theory a guy that has never run TFB/EC could have a better set of gear than someone who spent some time figuring out the encounters :p

Cross server is not coming anytime soon if ever, I'm paraphrasing but one of the dev's said in a interview they really don't have the tech for it and the "mega servers" should have a high enough population to support a ranked community, but unfortunately there isnt really much of an interest in it because there is nothing really worth while being rewarded to players. They would need to make some sort of a ranked system that encouraged players to que up, possibly a weekly that rewarded you for games played and a new token for uber looking pvp gear/weapons and have a portion of the gear not require any sort of ranking and i think people might show up, who knows, or possibly remove the weekly for pvp since WH gear is so cheap now, and have that reward for 6-9 ranked games played

also this needs to happen as well

If enough people do this then ranked will work as intended with the ELO system, higher ranked teams will face higher ranked teams and vice versa.

Edited by dego-harmonium

I'm all for both. i pvp on imp side now too and there are many imps that I like, so all are welcome. again... we just need to be respectful of one another.

Hah! If I'm not going to be respectful, I just don't hit the PTT button. :p My guildies would be shocked if they heard some of the things I neglected to say "over the air"!

Haha... well this mumble server also doesn't have to be during "ranked" evening hours. If you want to make it more of a social pvp community that many can access, i'm good for that too. This is just a tool to help the overall pvp community anyway it can.

Good original post devildog , i'm happy to see someone else putting some effort into this. I'm also suprised to see devil taking some initiave imp side maybe i misjudged you , i just hope your initiative has good intentions behind it. I'd love to see someone do the same thing impside , i've been saying it from the start. I will try to get the pug ranked going tonight, many people have been whispering me dissapointed that i'm no longer forming up the groups. I'm hoping uncensored will communicate with me and we can pick a few steady nights a week to do the pug ranked and other nights if people wanna form up and face guild teams that'd be great also. All i was asking for was the guilds to help me with this and not stomp the pugs , unicorn stampede was saying they q on wednesday / friday i think those are great nights to do full guild ranked. I'm thinking sunday , monday , thursday for pug ranked ? any feedback would be great then we can make a solid post to inform everyone.

Ranked pvp, by design, was created for high level of pvp play. A place where organized, competitive and talented guilds could slug it out. It was a place to escape the bitter cold truth of pugs and play with like minded players and guildies who are just as good as you are and take it just as serious.

funny, I always thought rated was a tiered pvp system in which similarly talented (i.e. ranked) teams were matched up against each other. however, only having 3 or 4 teams in the queue at any given time pretty much wrecks that idea as well.

Good original post devildog , i'm happy to see someone else putting some effort into this. I'm also suprised to see devil taking some initiave imp side maybe i misjudged you , i just hope your initiative has good intentions behind it. I'd love to see someone do the same thing impside , i've been saying it from the start. I will try to get the pug ranked going tonight, many people have been whispering me dissapointed that i'm no longer forming up the groups. I'm hoping uncensored will communicate with me and we can pick a few steady nights a week to do the pug ranked and other nights if people wanna form up and face guild teams that'd be great also. All i was asking for was the guilds to help me with this and not stomp the pugs , unicorn stampede was saying they q on wednesday / friday i think those are great nights to do full guild ranked. I'm thinking sunday , monday , thursday for pug ranked ? any feedback would be great then we can make a solid post to inform everyone.

Sounds good to me and yea devil had 2 imp pug groups going yesterday I am fine with doing imp pugs ranked on these days and help organizing if neeeded. Are we all going to be on devildog's mumble server for this imp and pug or have a imp mumble channel and a pub mumble?

I thought pubs could use bad rep mumble and imps could use virtus and honor mumble?

Our mumble is open to everyone anytime; imp or pub side. It holds 75 now but Yuri and I can up it if needed. If you need the info let someone know, most of the regular pvp'ers have it.

As for kickball, I'm always around to annoy others with my bubble stun and will gladly help organize groups if I'm needed.

OK... will be putting ranked pugs together tonight at 8PM (Friday). I'll also advertise over the /pubpvp channel. Mumble is all set up for us to use and I will share that information. Try to whisper me a little earlier than 8PM to I can start forming the ops for the "draft" if that's how we end up splitting up. I'll probably be on Devildog, but if we are short on heals, I can go on Cheerleader.

If there ends up being imp pugs and they need mumble, just jump on a rep alt and whisper me in game. FYI the 'i' in Devíldog is an alt code. It's alt 0237 or you who /who Republic Gentlemen to find me, but again, I'll probably start broading cast and forming an Ops group around 745.

I think we all know that CM did a great job with this, so bear with me if I'm not as cool as him. Oh and CM... sorry for Jugg Smashing you non-stop on Redskín the other day when you were on Rippernine. You were in a total pug and had to go after the best. May have marked you too :p

Awesome! Any Imp-side queuing up tonight? I think I'll be in for a late night, if anyone wants a DPS/bubblestun sorc. :rolleyes:

Or, I could bring my WAAAAAY undergeared Op healer. Ran into a group with Vasyel, Candygurl, and Cheerleader the other day on that toon...THAT was fun...Can't wait to get into full WH. I've got about 2,500 ranked coms and I flat-out refuse to trade them in for regulars.

Edited by johnnyreece
typo

I've been a bit busy lately, but my schedule's better now so I'll be up for joining any ranked teams whenever. Need to pvp more. :)

... I'm thinking of getting a pub to 50 too.... no, can't give in to the pressure!

.... if I did though what would be best? My only pub is a mid level sage as a crafting toon atm. I'd probably make a new toon...

Edited by RiseOfDeath

I've been a bit busy lately, but my schedule's better now so I'll be up for joining any ranked teams whenever. Need to pvp more. :)

... I'm thinking of getting a pub to 50 too.... no, can't give in to the pressure!

.... if I did though what would be best? My only pub is a mid level sage as a crafting toon atm. I'd probably make a new toon...

shadow..cough.. that you promised me:P Love you!

Don't do it Fanatic... you'd never comeback!

I'm supposed to get the +10 datacron with Hakuna Matata tonight, if we don't do it or when I'm done with it, I will see what I can do with imps pug side. Although that's assuming I don't do ranked with Uncensored, but we have a lot of people online now in comparison to before.