[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

AstralFire

Hey.

i took a look at the guide, andl ove it. but i do have a few questions.

i'm currently leveling a shadow, and for most of my journey paid little attention to my specs or skill tree (heresy, i know). i finally started playing some warzones in my mid-30s and quickly realized i wasn't doing anything right.

i decided to look into a few PvP spec listings, and went with a 3/31/8 as my base. it DEFINITELY helped me out with my PvP stats, but it left me a little confused regarding my PvE experience.

when i first started PvP, my class quest was on Balmorra, and i was at-or-above level for the planet. i had no issues with any of the mobs or quests put in front of me. once i cleared up there, i left for Quesh. i was instantly hit with how quickly i was dying. i couldn't even handle groups of 3+ mobs that were below my level. does this have to do with my PvP spec, or is Quesh just that much harder than Balmorra?

also, if i'm wearing mostly orange gear, and concentrating on Willpower, will that carry over to PvP?

In short , I've played all the specs and have found..

When the goin gets tough...

Try combat stance ftw. , and Theran cedrax is a great heal companion. ... That being said , the tank tree is the best for pvp, and shadow tanks do awesome dps.... That makes solo pve

A breeze. Use same gear as you would for infil or balance, power stims and adrenals.

Look for the shadow burst and tank threads by Powerr, he's a great shadow , and his vid on 1v1 tank spec pvp is a must see.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this sticky needs a warning , alot of that information is outdated and based on old versions of the game, atleast edit the Attribute part of it!

good god i cant imagine all the poor suckers out there stacking STR playing gimped!

Really appreciate this as I've been playing as a Sniper, Sith Inq Healer, and Jedi Knight tanking; the Jedi Shadow tank is quite a unique mechanic and require lots of thoughts (which I like :))

Still level 12 so your guides help me a lot in planning ahead on what to do and how I should arrange my quickslots :)

One question about your guide. In infiltration, you say not to use spinning kick as an opener but save it until you use your vanish. Why? It seems to me like the default opener from stealth. Just curious as to your reasoning behind that advice.

I found this very helpful also and personally think it should be stickied. But, maybe AstralFire asked to have it removed...we don't know (because keeping something this detailed updated is a lot of work).

I'm hoping AstralFire chimes in and let's us know.

Hey everybody!

We apologize over any confusion that has arisen over the recent chance to un-sticky this thread. Last week we contacted AstralFire in regards to this thread and the Jedi Sage's Handbook as both hadn't been updated in awhile, but we have yet to receive a response.

Should somebody wish to create their own guide with updated info, and be able to maintain it as necessary, that would be fantastic. Just please note that we ask that all guides be as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks!

Hey everybody!

We apologize over any confusion that has arisen over the recent chance to un-sticky this thread. Last week we contacted AstralFire in regards to this thread and the Jedi Sage's Handbook as both hadn't been updated in awhile, but we have yet to receive a response.

Should somebody wish to create their own guide with updated info, and be able to maintain it as necessary, that would be fantastic. Just please note that we ask that all guides be as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks!

Thank you for the clarification, I know I saw a few shocked responses. :D

Yeah, I hate searching for this every time I want to check something out.

I think the point is that someone else should create or copy the guide and keep it up to date. Repetetively bumping an out of date guide isn't good for anyone. Given that Astral seems to no longer be playing this responsibility falls to someone else.

I'm a bit confused by the priority order given for infiltration, at least regarding shadow strike. Shadow Strike requires you to be behind the target, a demand that as far as I can tell can only be satisfied by using a stun - something not incorporated into the tree. Is there something I am missing, or am I just that bad that getting behind a target in combat should be easily doable and I cannot? Edited by Skolops