Expansion Planets

Charell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see some some sort of invasion of geonosis. Also would like to see manaan and wookie homeword that I always mispell kyshyyk. Onderon too.

Geonosis would be cool! they always mention " the gladiator pits of Geonosis" in the game and in the timelines on the site! If not a full planet, an operation or flashpoint there would be cool

I'd like to see how they'd handle Dac (Mon Cala), but that'd be similar to Manaan, and either would be a good addition.

Naboo would be promising, and maybe they could script a dark side backstory for that world.

And of course, no expansion would be complete without KASHYYK! By then I'd like to receive a free Wookie slave, er, pet, for renewing my subscription.

Edited by jgelling

Exar Kun operation would make no sense whatsoever. There's no way the Jedi or the Sith would leave him there if they knew he was there, and canonicly he's there until the New Jedi Order series (Granted, said series is a complete disaster that doesn't make much sense, but, hey, we have to take the good with the bad in regards to canonocity)

Exar Kun operation would make no sense whatsoever. There's no way the Jedi or the Sith would leave him there if they knew he was there, and canonicly he's there until the New Jedi Order series (Granted, said series is a complete disaster that doesn't make much sense, but, hey, we have to take the good with the bad in regards to canonocity)

By the time of the New Jedi Order series Exar Kun was vanquished. He no longer existed. The NJO deals with the Yuuzhan Vong. The NJO is a great series, long, but great. :D

As for planets I would love to see the Zabrak homeworld of Iridonia. No Star Wars game has ever taken us there that I know of.

Dantooine - Its one of the planets with the strongest dark side connection

Dathomir - Nightsisters, rancors... nuff said

Lok - Moon of Tatooine, similar terrain very dangerous wilderness.

Kashyyyk - Home of the walking rug people

Naboo - Go hunting some Peko Peko Albatross or other big game. Or mabe kick some gungans.

Thats my want to see list, Dantooine, Dathomir and Lok maybe on the top

Dantooine - Its one of the planets with the strongest dark side connection

Dathomir - Nightsisters, rancors... nuff said

Lok - Moon of Tatooine, similar terrain very dangerous wilderness.

Kashyyyk - Home of the walking rug people

Naboo - Go hunting some Peko Peko Albatross or other big game. Or mabe kick some gungans.

Thats my want to see list, Dantooine, Dathomir and Lok maybe on the top

Dathomir would be cool, but I don't think the Nightsisters were around yet. If i recall the history correctly, A Jedi ship, basically a flying academy, crashed on Dathomir 300-400 years before Ep4. The survivors created a society that was ruled by women, some of whom were Force Sensitive. From this eventually came clans such as the Singing Mountain Clan and the Nightsisters. So to put the planet in TOR they would have to either leave out the Nightsisters and other clans or totally rewrite pieces of the EU.

Dantooine - My personal favourite from KOTOR, from what little info on it there is on TOR it seems it was conquered by the empire, so republic story could revolve around liberating the planet, maybe with minimum resources and mostly using local resistance fighters while the imperials are trying to squash them :D

As a bonus it would be great if they bring back the planet theme from KOTOR when exploring :cool:

Of course I would like all of the above, and many more. I don't know much about it, but I would like to mention Rhen Var. I know there was a battle between the Empire and the Republic (don't know when), but I would like to go there and learn more about the planet in-game.

Or pretty much any cool looking planet that might not be well known. I would actually like to see these kind of planets versus planets we've seen in other Star Wars games time and again.

Dantooine - My personal favourite from KOTOR, from what little info on it there is on TOR it seems it was conquered by the empire, so republic story could revolve around liberating the planet, maybe with minimum resources and mostly using local resistance fighters while the imperials are trying to squash them :D

As a bonus it would be great if they bring back the planet theme from KOTOR when exploring :cool:

I know in the book Deceived, a few characters "retire" there. Don't know much about Dantooine in this time, but I would very much like to see it in the game.

Edited by LordTaral

Planet

Mandalore. Flashpoint/Ops: Fight the Mandalore Crypt in search of the original helmet.

Maanan: Rebuilding.

Mustifar: Similar to Illum, fight for rare crystals that grow from a special ore from x planet and form from using Mustifar Lava.

Kasshyrrrr******k: Wookie Civil War

Telos: Kotor 2 conclusion of what happened there.

Duxun and or Onderon: Conclusion of Kotor 2

Dantooine: Rebuild to Jedi Temple?

Ruins of Malachor 5: Trayus Acadamy: Off branch of Sith of the Empire have reconstructed the remains of the Trayus Acadamy as well as connecting parts of the remains of the planet that have not drifted.

Edited by Magnusheart

I'd like to see the Republic stage an attack on Geonosis and the Empire's Mandalorian allies. Considering how dangerous to the Republic they are and that Mandalore is based on the planet, I think it would be something interesting. The Republic could have set up a base in a Geonosian hive, and the Empire would be based in the Mandalorian stronghold.

I mean, the planet has a lot of potential for content. Gladiator arenas (a warzone perhaps or an arena minigame), a dangerous environment and the Geonosians are already in the game, and so are Mandalorian assets, as well as beasts seen in the films present on the world. So a lot is covered already, which means less strain on the database. If Manaan or Mon Cala would be added, they would have to make most elements from scratch.

And, of course, there are the Geonosian Hydras. Which would be an awesome world boss. I think it makes sense for that being a planet in an expansion.

Personally I'd like to see Manaan.

I loved the whole Ahto City part of KotOR and - given the fact, that we are at the brink of an all out war where kolto would be direly needed - it would make sense, too. Ahto City could be the other neutral place where both factions can trade with each other. Or secretly try to gain control over the kolto for that matter.

Ah, well I'll just wait and see I guess. :)

Alsakan - Core World that once tried to usurp Coruscant's place as capital of the republic. Perhaps a storyline based upon a new Alaskan conflict and an attempt to become the new capital or defect to the empire with promises of social importance and power.

Bothawui - Home of the Bothan Species one of the most successfull spy net works in the galaxy and turning point in the conflict between the empire and republic prior to the treaty of Coruscan with the sacrifice of Jedi Master Belth Allusis . Shadowy war and imperial infiltrators bent on erasing the morale boost given by this event could make a great storyline.

Gamorr - Home of the Gamorreans a well known race of slow witted and brutal mercenaries that always seem to be exploited by all sides in a conflict. Perfect world riff with storylines to prevent or aid the empire from using these brutal aliens or perhaps preventing the hutts from using them to take on both of the main factions.

Hapes - Capital of the Hapan Empire, it was about this time in the time line that the Jedi wiped out the Lorell Raiders a group of pirates that used Hapes as its base of operations to terrorize the galaxy. Reformation and unification under the Queen Mothers come at this time and perhaps. a story about that or the destruction of the Pirates with aid from both sides of the Galactic conflict.

Iridonia - Home of the Zabrak and the site of dozens of battles between the mando and republic as well as the Republic and Sith during many wars including the jedi civil war and it could easily be central to the new sith war as it has sympathies to the sith through the ages and to the republic and is a major strategic point on the hyper lanes.

Kashyyyk - Do I really need to explain why ? :)

Lehon - AKA Rakata Prime Capital planet of the Infinite Empire and a planet in ruins prime potential for search for advanced technology and a race to recover weapons of the Rakatan in an effort to get a head in the world , maybe a hub world like Illum for the next story arc.

Malachor V - Destroyed and heavy in the darkside and a huge wound in the Force this place could be an interesting place set up kind of like the Fleets where instead of going from place to place upon a whole planet you could hope around large chunks of the newly formed asteroid bett, a heavily darkside themed story line about Darth Traya and her academy and the death of Malachor V would be kind of cool.

Malanose - Malanose was a world within the Gree Enclave, on the Outer Rim of the galaxy, which served as the primary world containing the Crafter and Researcher castes of the Gree civilization. Much like Lehon it could serve as a place where the rush to recover lost tech is placed at the forefront of the storylines.

Mandalore - This could be the first real offensive the republic put up the invasion of the Mando homeworld to destroy the mercenary support of the Sith Empire.

Obroa-skai - The reputation that had developed over the centuries was that the complete knowledge of the galaxy had been gathered within the computers of Obroa-skai's information repositories. This could be done much like Coruscant but perhaps entirely indoors with the great libraries being the focal points of the story and planet.

Dxun - Rather then use Onderon itself Dxun could be used as a high level daily hub but with a twist missions are only given out to those that have darkside 4+ giving you a reason to be darkside and a set of quest and gear to reward you for getting that high of a darkside score.

Ossus - Similar to my idea for Dxun this would be a high level daily quest hub for light siders with quest and rewards for those with light side 4+ set in the ruins of the great libraries and rediscovering ancient jedi secrets and weapons.

Thyferra - Primary Bacta production planet in the galaxy it can easily be seen why this would be a hotly contested planet revolving around the need to secure the Bacta for your side, maybe a flash point or operation about it.

Umbara - Umbara, informally known as the Shadow World, was a shadowy planet within the reaches of the Ghost Nebula. It was home to the Umbarans, a race of pale near-Humans. A planet forever enshrowded in darkness home of many spies and assasins.

Ziost - The original Sith Homeworld this would be a cool world to explore and rediscover in service of the Imperial Reclamation Service.

Lots of great responses in this thread!

If Yavin 4 wouldn't work with the canon, then my next vote would be for Dagobah. Even though we are a few thousand years early, it would be cool to see some sort of flashpoint or operation dealing with the "dark cave" and possibly the spirit of Marka Ragnos.

Edit: If not Ragnos, then those giant spiders from the gamecube game

Edited by SteffizleESQ