Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Burst > All

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Mercenary Burst > All

-Ashton-
10.14.2013 , 03:38 AM | #1
Yet we are still considered useless for arena's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySA5bskJ_rk
Lamefish

Treblt
10.14.2013 , 03:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by -Ashton- View Post
Yet we are still considered useless for arena's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySA5bskJ_rk
Any good team does not consider them uselss for arena. In fact, some of the most successful team comps I've ran have been with a commando/merc. Granted, they're not as good as snipers when they're in certain comps, they bring certain other utilities and abilities to the table that make them very very desirable.
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

RiChess
10.14.2013 , 03:58 AM | #3
Except... 1. you were facing someone that clearly was in ****** PvE gear and 2. you had the amazing luck of critting on every hit..... Not to mention I'm in partisan/conq and I've never seen (or been hit by!) numbers like 10k HSM and almost 7k TM, something fishy here.

Edit: Looking at some of your other vids, I saw a 12.2k HSM which can't be legit. Looks like your crit multi is jacked. Average TM non crit for you looks to be around 3.2-3.5k, and crit 6k ish. You would need something like 85-90% surge..
70- Sniper 70- Mara
70- Merc 70- Juggy
70- Sin 70- PT
70- Op 70- Sorc

Aetideus
10.14.2013 , 05:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RiChess View Post
Except... 1. you were facing someone that clearly was in ****** PvE gear and 2. you had the amazing luck of critting on every hit..... Not to mention I'm in partisan/conq and I've never seen (or been hit by!) numbers like 10k HSM and almost 7k TM, something fishy here.

Edit: Looking at some of your other vids, I saw a 12.2k HSM which can't be legit. Looks like your crit multi is jacked. Average TM non crit for you looks to be around 3.2-3.5k, and crit 6k ish. You would need something like 85-90% surge..
The issue with Merc in Arenas is not burst. It is the continuous focus fire.

Brunner_Venda
10.14.2013 , 09:45 AM | #5
Mercs have great burst and electronet, but they pay for it. Their abilities are channeled, and easy to shut down with interrupts, pulls, and carbonize.

It's the whole reason the class is balanced. Sure they can do over 20k in a couple of GCD's, but you can stop it. Good players in an arena will always try to shut down a merc quickly if they're smart.

If all merc abilities were instant (like heat seekers), the class would be god-mode.