RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I can't say I particularly like it either. But I'm certain I'd have liked even less to stick on LC with 12 people on the fleet at peak times, no warzones, no flashpoints/operations or a functioning GTN. :(

this is the sad truth (for now atleast) but if the transfers will be available to the RP-PVE srver im there even if my guild doesnt move.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played for 3 hours on LC leveling my BH. I pulled up a roster, and there were all of 51 people on the entire Empire side. Still I saw other characters on a couple of planets, even had a couple of duels with an overzealous Juggernaut, who was nice enough while he ate my lunch three times in a row.

My short time on the Fleet I saw some conversations in General chat; those who are there are adamant about not xferring to ToFN. Like me, they'd rather have an abysmally low pop than an immature, griefing-prone one. All in all, it harkens back to the days on my old server when it became vacant in February. Oh well, I'd rather play alone than with the ****tards on ToFN. 59 days of playtime left on my cancelled sub; gotta have something to do.

Fix it Bioware. I know you're focused on getting 1.3 deployed successfully (don't hold your breath), but you still have a group of very disenfranchised but obviously very dedicated players hanging on on LC. Don't hang 'em out to dry...

I'm waiting for a transfer to a rp server, personally. While many others refuse to pay for a transfer, I myself, wouldn't particularly mind if that's what it took, even though we've been denied what was a given for the rest of the playerbase, due to our "unique situation".

What annoys me the most is how we're left in the dark about any possibility for Lord calpho's remaining rp'ers to transfer to an rp-server. I wouldn't mind an ETA, either, because now the game is nigh unplayable.

......./snip

Can you PvP on a PvE server ? NO.

False. Plenty of PVP on the PVE servers....just flag up and go look for like-minded people.

Now, if we can just convince people to put on their Expertise gear instead of Rak.....:rolleyes:

False. Plenty of PVP on the PVE servers....just flag up and go look for like-minded people.

Now, if we can just convince people to put on their Expertise gear instead of Rak.....:rolleyes:

Precisely. There is no difference between PVE and PVP servers, except that on a PVE server, you get to decide whether you want to participate or not. Hmmmm...Kinda seems like what all the PVPers are claiming about us, doesn't it? I just think they're just spoiled because they have the handy-dandy flag they can use to let others know if they're participating or not.

Speaking of which, BW, where's our gollderned RP flag?! :jawa_tongue:

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Or rather, I do not think it means what Bioware thinks it means...

(Sad part is, they did at one time. :jawa_frown: )

Just saying what the focus on the MMORPG genre once was... now the focus seem to be about satisfying the ones that makes the most noise on the forums. Because of this roleplayers often tend to draw the shortest straw...

BW you had a discussion what the best option for the transfer was. The option most wanted was neglected and you came up with the solution to move us to a PVP server(!).

I really hope you sort this because I really love to play the game, but this incident has left me so frustrated and angry that I am actually considering taking a break from playing.

Hear us out! Atleast this second time...

Just saying what the focus on the MMORPG genre once was... now the focus seem to be about satisfying the ones that makes the most noise on the forums. Because of this roleplayers often tend to draw the shortest straw...

BW you had a discussion what the best option for the transfer was. The option most wanted was neglected and you came up with the solution to move us to a PVP server(!).

I really hope you sort this because I really love to play the game, but this incident has left me so frustrated and angry that I am actually considering taking a break from playing.

Hear us out! Atleast this second time...

I'm with you, Tootz.

If you read back through this thread, it's almost laughable. When they asked for our feedback, we basically had two camps of people: Those who asked for transfers to a PVP server, and those who asked for an option of going to either a PVP server or an RP server. (There were a few, even me at one point, asking for a merger of all 3 EU RP-PVP servers, but those posts were few and far between.) Someone at one point (can't find it now) went back and counted the "votes" and the PVP server won, mainly because the PVP server got mentioned in almost every post. We, the RP crowd, were (most of us) being fair and saying that both types of players should be accommodated. While the majority of the PVP crowd was concerned only with what they wanted. So, because we were trying to look out for them too, we were asking for the choice (which apparently Bioware was unwilling to do). And since "PVP" showed up far more in this thread because we voted for their enjoyment as well as our own, that's the way it went.

The PVP crowd would probably claim that since the majority of the server took the transfer to ToFN, that that was obviously the right decision. I would say that's crap, because a lot of people moved because they thought that ultimately they'd have no other choice. Quite a few have been back on to say just that, and how miserable they are on ToFN.

So, even the claim of "majority rules" doesn't hold up in this decision. I really do think that Bioware believes that the RP crowd aren't worth appeasing. And that's shortsighted. Who are going to be the ones to stick around for a long time? The PVP folks? No, they'll jump ship at the first new AAA MMO that comes over the horizon promising better PVP. It's the SW fans and the RP crowd that will sustain this game in the long term. Or at least it would've been, had they ever given us a reason to stay, like taking our enjoyment of the game into consideration even once...

Weekend Experiences of a Lord Calypho Refugee on Tomb of Freedon Nadd:

The most fun in PvP for me was fighting people I know, recognized and respected. Beating good players is a challenge. 50reps vs 50 imps on peak times Fleet-wise was perfectly fine for me and gave the warzones a "sweet home" feeling.

Now I am playing against hundreds of "random" people in 10s que pops (down from maybe 3-5 minutes on LC), not enjoying anything. There is no fun in farming bad people, if I wanted that, I'd have stayed with WoW.

"But rated warzones will fix that" - they won't. Bioware's design is vastly inferior to Blizzards. And if Blizzard wasn't able to make rated warzones work properly (properly as in being fun and quality), then Bioware won't - EVER.

Two instances with 250 people on both Fleets, the game just straightout lags, especially everytime you reload from coming back from a warzone. Yes, very "MMO"-esque if I have to escape on my ship all day when doing warzones.

The general chats and say chats were the first thing I had to disable immediatly. So much foreign language spam - I don't mind people going on in their native language, but when your whole chat system mixes because everyone needs to spam their native tongue.. well, no thank you.

PvE dailies take forever - not only do they lag BADLY (because the small daily instance of say Black Hole has 100+ people in it when it can handle 20 at most), the respawn timers of some of the objectives are just flatout stupid. You spend more time hunting for crates in Black Hole than you do for anything else combined. Mobs and objectives will get snatched from you permanently, and even the Heroic 4 suffers from hard lags.

Lets get on the worst part now - the names. They usually commit a lot to the atmosphere of the game you're playing. Pussyeaterz, Sexyasses, Nightmareshadows, Niightmarekillerz, a billion Anakin-variations and xyz-destroyerz everywhere - the first two days we spent laughing at those idiotic titiles+names+legacy names, but its only funny for a bit. At least one of our own LC guys went ahead and and immediatly got on the level of the names of this server, calling himself Optimuz Voldemort! Fitting indeed.

Long story short, this server makes me want to puke. It has killed any definition of fun I had, I rolled on a RP-PvP Server for a reason. I can't deal with hypercompetitive (mostly) children, I can't deal with people who write "u" instead of "you", I can't deal with the atmosphere on this server.

Open up for Progenitor, or just shut up and take my money for payed character transfer, but DO IT FAST.

Because my endurance is running out and I'm afraid I can't stay with this game any longer, no matter how much I like it.

I won't reroll, I won't forsake my valor 90 legacy, my bonuses, my money, everything I "worked" for. I just want to move to a different server. I'll pay.

/rant of a ex RP-PvP Player

-Reyes of LC

-now Rey'es on this awful new server.

Edited by zeoutsider

The RP people need their transfer to a RP server, even if PvE. These are server transfers, they are server merges which BW just refuse to admit because it's bad PR. But the press aren't idiots. Game were forced (I assume by EA or even BW) to pull their article on Free-to-Play relating to SWTOR. This actually creates more interest in an article you didn't want talked about. People aren't stupid. Everyone knows this is clearly a server merge.

You claim people don't have to move all their origin servers, but LC is virtually dead now so are you really going to continue to fund running those servers for the rest of the year? I don't think EA will agree to that. Not only that but leaving the origins servers on means you'll going to create the very problem all over again, that the transfers is trying to combat.

New people may join the game on the free to level 15 deal but then roll on the light servers thinking it's just the time of day, that's why they are light. Then they'll realise that actually, no, there is no one on that server anymore, transfers will be over so they'll just quit. So surely you won't be keeping the origin servers open despite claiming you will.

Although you constantly deny it (like you denied server transfers were even being looked at about a month or 2 ago, lying and saying server populations were healthy and fine when they clearly weren't), deny this is a merge, it clearly is. So why not give the RP players the option to move to a RP PvE server.

No one likes a liar, or internal BS politics being pumped out to the paying users yet BW seem to be getting quite good at it. Surprise they aren't all politicians. They talk like them.

Just going to throw my support in here. I never really post on forums, but this situation has, since were using the word, "irk'd" me. Rpers, go to rp realms to rp. Pvpers, go too pvp realms. Rpers, who also like to pvp, go to rp-pvp realms. Now, if the pvpers were moved to a rp realm, they can still pvp just as much in the Warzones, they're gameplay will only be affected a little, they can still keep their pvp guilds, rpers aren't hard to avoid. But, what about the rpers? We get sent to a pvp realm, we can no longer rp. We'd be griefed, trolled, mocked. Sure, we can pvp, but alot of these people, myself included, only still play this game for the rp. We are now being forced to abandon our characters, our Legacy, and completely re-roll on a new server? This will tear communities apart. Sure, the best solution is let us transfer to either rp or pvp, make it our choice, but if thats not possible, you're chosing the worst of the two alternatives. People on rp-pvp realms that only pvp'd already dealt with rp, avoided it if they didn't want it. Would it be that much harder to do on a normal rp realm? I shouldn't think so. However, as I've stated, we rpers will no longer be able to rp anymore, we stand to lose more here, and for what? I'm just irked.

Well said!

This thread has no business on page 2.

The RP community on the now dead Lord Calypho server need the option to transfer to a role play server, which pretty much gives the option of RP-PVE Progenitor...so, crack on Bioware lets not let your ********* excuses and internal EA politics about single destination servers get in the way, all the guys who wanted to go to ToFN have gone already, lets get the link setup between Calypho and Progenitor so the remainder of the players can get off then you can bin the Calipho server completely.

The RP community on the now dead Lord Calypho server need the option to transfer to a role play server, which pretty much gives the option of RP-PVE Progenitor...so, crack on Bioware lets not let your ********* excuses and internal EA politics about single destination servers get in the way, all the guys who wanted to go to ToFN have gone already, lets get the link setup between Calypho and Progenitor so the remainder of the players can get off then you can bin the Calipho server completely.

Dude, like I said before, even IF there is a single destination issue, they can still open transfer from ToFN --> The Progenitor, so the Lord Calypho people can go there like that. They have no exucse not to do that.

Edited by Kiyosa

yes please, I'll resubscribe for 6 months.

LC is dead, I'm trying to enjoy the class stories but damn.. around 100 people in total (rep and imp) means there is nothing going on and I refuse to play on TOFN, that's not why I bought this game. Immerions, atmosphere and RP.. better on a dead LC that on TOFN.

Dude, like I said before, even IF there is a single destination issue, they can still open transfer from ToFN --> The Progenitor, so the Lord Calypho people can go there like that. They have no exucse not to do that.

I completely agree Kiyosa, I've not moved my main off Calypho yet for the fear of being trapped on ToFN but as you rightly say that solution would be perfectly workable I'm sure for the guys left on LC. I would move my main as soon as that was confirmed but no way I'm moving before as I said, I wont get stuck on a PVP only server because thats not the kind of community I have any interest in being a part of.

For all of those coming on here to show their support for a move, however traditional or non-traditional, from Lord Calypho to The Progenitor for the disenfranchised RP players, thank you very much. And please click the "YOU GO NOW" link in my sig to go cast a vote on our petition page (located under the Suggestions Forum on this site).

And +10 cookies (with sugar on top) for anyone who can tell me what morbidly obese comedian made that line popular, and in what context. :jawa_tongue:

For all of those coming on here to show their support for a move, however traditional or non-traditional, from Lord Calypho to The Progenitor for the disenfranchised RP players, thank you very much. And please click the "YOU GO NOW" link in my sig to go cast a vote on our petition page (located under the Suggestions Forum on this site).

And +10 cookies (with sugar on top) for anyone who can tell me what morbidly obese comedian made that line popular, and in what context. :jawa_tongue:

Please do go sign the petition in the suggestion box...with any luck we will be able to get our mains transferred off LC.

Please do go sign the petition in the suggestion box...with any luck we will be able to get our mains transferred off LC.

I moved to tofn and i am hating it but lets keep this issue on page one where it belongs:rak_03:

John Pinette

Gimmeh mah cookies, i been here 4 hour.

I moved to tofn and i am hating it but lets keep this issue on page one where it belongs:rak_03:

Lets hope the single destination server "policy" holds for you mate then you can go from ToFN to Progenitor and I'll pass through ToFN on my way through.

RP players need the option to go to a RP server, its a very simple answer.

Lets hope the single destination server "policy" holds for you mate then you can go from ToFN to Progenitor and I'll pass through ToFN on my way through.

RP players need the option to go to a RP server, its a very simple answer.

I would like that option m8 if not i will re roll on yours with you :D