[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Does this mean when they fix this my machine is gonna take a performance hit? Or does the client 'think' its running high def already and is using the required resources?

Do you really think that you can have much better textures without some performance drop if you don't own a high end PC?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice that they are looking at stability performance as paramount over us dealing with more issues but some of us drop thousands of dollars on very capable system in order to run games at HIGH settings. Would be nice if this were one of those games.

Does this mean when they fix this my machine is gonna take a performance hit? Or does the client 'think' its running high def already and is using the required resources?

Well, if your machine can't run the high res textures, once they're implemented, you could just continue to run on Medium like you are now.

The only way to know is to try the "fixed" high when they fix it. Maybe you will have to set it to medium or upgrade your computer... we will see.

I am planning to upgrade if it doesn't run smoothly. I can run the game easily on the current high settings and still have capacity to spare, but we'll see

50,000 isn't that big of a deal to a company when they have over a million or whatever subs.

Most come from WoW (no offense) and this is a step up. Not much. But a step up nonetheless.

Sad thing is, I never expected this to be from a BIOware game. They have always been legit.

Most people don't see the problem. It's just a minority. Bioware, i'm sure, sees it as a minority, and will make no comment about it.

50,000 isn't that big of a deal to a company when they have over a million or whatever subs.

Most come from WoW (no offense) and this is a step up. Not much. But a step up nonetheless.

Sad thing is, I never expected this to be from a BIOware game. They have always been legit.

Most people don't see the problem. It's just a minority. Bioware, i'm sure, sees it as a minority, and will make no comment about it.

Thanks for the bump.

"Let me just brown nose bioware, hopefully that will make them (and me!) feel better."

You are right, most people wont notice the textures as an issue until they are made aware, once they do though, they just cant imagine themselves playing with the muddy crap that the game is rendering right now.

The textures are compressed crap, it makes them look worse than textures that came out from other MMOs in 2007.

Edited by Caonimah

Well, then their plan to simply remove the high option altogether and replace it with the medium textures will likely go unnoticed by the majority of users, which I imagine is exactly what they are hoping for and is why they left it out of the patch notes so as not to draw any attention to it.

It's more than most threads get, including stickies.

It's not 1 million but I'm sure only a minority of players actually look at these forums in general, so relatively speaking it's pretty representative when normalized.

Edited by daMarek

"Let me just brown nose bioware, hopefully that will make them (and me!) better."

You are right, most people wont notice the textures as an issue until they are made aware, once they do though, they'll just cant imagine themselves playing with the muddy crap that the game is rendering right now.

The textures are compressed crap, it makes them look worse than textures that came out from other MMOs in 2007.

I 100% agree. it's completely true. With a game like this from a company like this, I'd expect atleast an answer. especially if the textures were better in beta.

I expect SKYRIM quality, maybe not in graphics, but that kind of a quality game.

Minority????

Ok here are my 5 cents. Give us the option immediately in one of the upcoming patches. We know the HD textures are there, we pay for a 2011/2012 game and it has textures that are hardly beating anything 3-4 years old. This is unacceptable. And given that ongoing BETA testers HAD the HD textures and they were taken off just before the Public BETA and thus close to realease is just plain straying salt in the wound of those being long term testers. I was not one of them but can just imagine how THEY must feel as I am beginning to get really peefed about this. Is this EA influence of treating a community. This CANNOT be BioWare. Please tell me this is not true.

P.S. Put a disclaimer in the option that it is ONLY for high end PC and basta. I don't understand the fuss. Seriously........muddy textures......in a BioWare game......really?

Really??

It's more than most threads get, including stickies.

It's not 1 million but I'm sure only a minority of players actually look at these forums in general, so relatively speaking it's pretty representative when normalized.

Yup. And don't get me wrong, I was just playing devils advocate and realizing, what they are all probably thinking.

it IS most of the forum guys. so that should speak some sort of volume.

Minority????

Ok here are my 5 cents. Give us the option immediately in one of the upcoming patches. We know the HD textures are there, we pay for a 2011/2012 game and it has textures that are hardly beating anything 3-4 years old. This is unacceptable. And given that ongoing BETA testers HAD the HD textures and they were taken off just before the Public BETA and thus close to realease is just plain straying salt in the wound of those being long term testers. I was not one of them but can just imagine how THEY must feel as I am beginning to get really peefed about this. Is this EA influence of treating a community. This CANNOT be BioWare. Please tell me this is not true.

P.S. Put a disclaimer in the option that it is ONLY for high end PC and basta. I don't understand the fuss. Seriously........muddy textures......in a BioWare game......really?

Really??

Hey hey, don't misunderstand me, I am right there with you :D Just seeing it as they are probably seeing it. I mean if they still haven't responded. Must not care too much.

Hey hey, don't misunderstand me, I am right there with you :D Just seeing it as they are probably seeing it. I mean if they still haven't responded. Must not care too much.

Or they are rolling dice on which poor guy has to bring the news: "sorry, players - no high-res textures for you." :D