6.0 vet/mm ops

anyone tried any yet? hoping they are scaled okay

Unsure about scaling, however, I've seen reports on gear. Ilvl for drops even pre-75 are based on current ilvl (and some have been moddable, will see about higher drops) currently if you're 252s, you'll see 258 gear drops, and it's scaling.

Highly interested to see the verdict on actual difficulty as well since they bounced between having the FPS at their original intended levels on PTS (which was too easy) and 70 capped with some mobs over that difficulty which was much harder than live servers prior to 6.0.

we did fortress nim the first 4....

funny thing.. its better to stay low lvl.... with every lvl you gain you lose crit / alacrity %....

the bolster / stat capping is the stupidest thing they ever did....

6.0 is trash..

can i get an item which blocks xp gain?

i would really like to stay lvl 70 as it is better in old content then to lvl up.... gg bioware

Edited by Opiklo

we did fortress nim the first 4....

funny thing.. its better to stay low lvl.... with every lvl you gain you lose crit / alacrity %....

the bolster / stat capping is the stupidest thing they ever did....

6.0 is trash..

can i get an item which blocks xp gain?

i would really like to stay lvl 70 as it is better in old content then to lvl up.... gg bioware

At 75, fully geared, you are going to preform better though?

So far, I can only speak from trying 16m Story and Veteran mode EV and 8m Veteran KP.

Players were 70 to 75, all with item ratings of 258 to 272. Perhaps we had no business being in either ops, but we wanted to try it and see how it went. We knew we'd be squished down to level 70, so it should work right?

KP 8m veteran was no problem. It was a bit difficult. There were a few wipes, but manageable, about as hard as it was when the group had mostly 236-240 gear.

EV 16

EV 16m was a disaster in either mode.

The first two turrets (500K HP each) and the Annihilator Droid boss both in story and vet mode had the same health (I failed to record the droid's health.) I would have expected veteran mode mobs to have more health than story. They also hit quite hard, easily killing non-tanks in one or two shots, hitting way harder than they did in 5.10.

With Level Synch, Veteran Mode, non-tanks had 121K HP. Tanks had 135K HP. The droid was, at times, killing players in one shot, at full health. It didn't matter if they 70, 75 or somewhere in between. In Story Mode, DPS and healers had 114K HP and tanks had 126K HP.

We were unable to get the first boss down in either mode, because of the one shot kills. Story mode came closest to getting the boss down, about 8% left before hard enrage. The bosses instant attacks (like the grenade) were doing upwards of 120K damage each in veteran mode, and about 80K in story mode. The healers had to work hard, like nightmare level hard, to keep player health above 0.

In 5.10, DPS and healers in 258 heavy gear had about 35 to 38% damage resistance. In 6.0, they have about 30%. So that is another factor.

Edited by TerraStomper

Loving the 6.0 so far for the exception of this **** downlevel ..

If this is not reverted i will not subscribing never again.

Give us a expac to perform worst then before is only retarded.

I am also not liking this Level Synch thing. The penalty going from level 70 to 71 (151K HP down to 120K HP) is quite severe. Leveling should not incur a penalty.

As things stand, it seems that to perform in FPs and OPs, characters need to be either 70 in 242+ gear, or level 75 in 284+ gear. If level is 71 or higher and gear score is below 274, the character is probably a liability and in need of a carry.

I ran KP SM last night and it was a disaster. No idea what the Hell happened. I should have had SP open. DPS was a joke.

Did you run it through GF cause if so then even though your in 8man it's been setting the ops to 16 man for all enemy noc make the damage group have been doing. Look like a joke

now the question becomes, should people make two gear sets, one for legacy content and one for content that isnt endurance/bonus damage capped?

for tanks, you would want to get to the endurance cap, then the bonus damage cap, then put the rest in defense/absorb/shield unless you want more damage in which you would stack crit/alacrity.

for dps you could theoretically use defense mods once you hit bonus damage cap, and use low endurance low power enhancements (80R1 efficent/savant)

as you are totally overpowered it doesnt matter... put 306 gear on have decent tertiary stats and faceroll it....

AND OF COURSE USE THE SAGE RAIDBUFF ON COOLDOWN FOR MORE DEBUFFS IN THE OPS FRAME!!!

Edited by Opiklo

• 3 weeks later...

After running a few older scaled nim/mm ops I am fairly disappointed.

Why:

-fights feel actually easier with 30 stacks of veterans edge than they were with 258 gear in 5.9

-non existent dps checks - to the point you can 7 man some fights (whole fight) without using anything (crystals etc)

-I appreciate the concern to balance these so even newer players can step into mm, but this is going a bit too far here. Like it is not much, but I am guessing even the veteran's edge buff stacks is throwing it off.

suggestion:

-I am suspecting the "veteran's edge stacks" should be removed / scaled back from mm ops *they can still be in sm/ hm content) but they are throwing off the balance too much in the mm ops.

After running a few older scaled nim/mm ops I am fairly disappointed.

Why:

-fights feel actually easier with 30 stacks of veterans edge than they were with 258 gear in 5.9

-non existent dps checks - to the point you can 7 man some fights (whole fight) without using anything (crystals etc)

-I appreciate the concern to balance these so even newer players can step into mm, but this is going a bit too far here. Like it is not much, but I am guessing even the veteran's edge buff stacks is throwing it off.

suggestion:

-I am suspecting the "veteran's edge stacks" should be removed / scaled back from mm ops *they can still be in sm/ hm content) but they are throwing off the balance too much in the mm ops.

Those nim ops would be impossible w/o the buff. U r forgetting the fact that while DPS checks r non existant, it is because some tacticals r pretty strong. Just try doing them w/o, u r going to be feeling the pain for sure.

We need everything scaled to 75 so that all the stuff is in the same ballpark.

Edited by Benirons