Foundry nm/hm shut game.

Tarba

During the first dialog scene, if I skip (with spacebar) the moment when we go in hyperspace, it will close my swtor.

If I wait and don't skip it, it will work fine.

It occures in normal mode AND hard mode.

And there is a lot of players that experience the same thing. (I've seen a lot of disconnection during that phase)

That was the same thing in the first empire flashpoint (esseless? some weeks ago).

The same problem. Game shutdown when skipping hyperspace.

Edited by Tarba

• Dev Post

We have a Known Issue that this can happen on Hard Mode when talking to Helm Officer Martos. In looking through the bug on our end, we had already updated it to confirm that it can happen in Story Mode as well; I've updated the Known Issues accordingly:

Flashpoints

• The Foundry: Players who use Spacebar to progress while speaking to Helm Officer Martos can experience a client crash at the end of the conversation. This occurs in both Story and Hard Modes.

Thanks for posting!

Edited by AmberGreen

• Dev Post
Don't know if you already knew about this,Amber. The same thing happens in The Esseles Flashpoint HM and SM at the end conversation, right before the jump to hyperspace scene.

The crashes there have been highly elusive during internal testing, but we absolutely do know about and are working on it.

Edited by AmberGreen

anecdotal observation seems to suggest that it happens more to toons with extended ascii characters in the name.

If I run it with such a toon i'm almost always gonna crash, but I rarely if ever get one on a toon without.

We also have noticed that the more people you have in the group with such characters seem to increase the likelihood of crashes all around.

Dunno if it's actually related or just a misconception on our part.

Thought it was worth sharing though

This one is definitely frustrating. Fortunately for Essles/Black Talon, they fixed it to where you actually get credit for completion now even when you do crash at the end. Well, so long as you can get back into the game before you are automatically ungrouped. If you get ungrouped, you just wasted all of your time in the FP.

The crashes there have been highly elusive during internal testing, but we absolutely do know about and are working on it.

In my personal experience, my client crashes if i spacebar during the hyperspace travel of Foundry, or during the hyperspace travel at the end of Black Talon.

My personal observations would suggest that the part of these cutscenes causing crashes are in fact the hyperspace animations.

Just something to pass along to the Devs i think.

anecdotal observation seems to suggest that it happens more to toons with extended ascii characters in the name.

If I run it with such a toon i'm almost always gonna crash, but I rarely if ever get one on a toon without.

We also have noticed that the more people you have in the group with such characters seem to increase the likelihood of crashes all around.

Dunno if it's actually related or just a misconception on our part.

Thought it was worth sharing though

In my experience, once you get the crash once, it's there for good regardless of which character you play. I've even continued to get it after an OS rebuild and using different video drivers, which leads me to suspect its hardware related. On several other systems at home, we have the same OS and driver setup, but no crashes.

Send a developer to my house and I will show it to you over and over again without fail.

I have no special characters in my names. It happens to every one of my toons. The windows event viewer shows faulting module as MemoryMan.dll. It happens when alt-tabbed, when not alt-tabbed, when I spacebar and when I don't spacebar.

Edited by Docmal

With regards to these I have a 100% fix (for my machine) just before the point you know it crashes, ie jump to hyperspace, minimise the game, works every time, I minimise it and leave it a few seconds for that bit to finish, re maximise and continue on.

Hope this helps someone else out there :)

my understanding on this issue is that it has to do with peoples graphics cards and the way they update them. Sometimes there are left overs that cause conflicts after updating. Many people have found that using cleaning programs when updating your drivers helps. Or you can manually go wipe old drivers and reinstall all the new ones and it fixes the issue.

I've been able to avoid the client crashing at the end of Black Talon by minimizing my game before the last hyperspace jump. Once I select whether I want to go back to the fleet or to DK, I minimize the screen. I wait about 10 to 15 seconds and bring it back up. The couple times I've done this, I've made it to the loading screen after the jump.