Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Assasin 5.0 PVP Questions

DirtyDiggler's Avatar


DirtyDiggler
12.14.2016 , 09:03 AM | #1
So are assassins still top notch in terms of solo ranked PVP? How do they compare to a Mara in terms of arenas?

Having recently returned was debating on grabbing a sin again
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

RodneyMcNeely's Avatar


RodneyMcNeely
12.15.2016 , 12:31 AM | #2
I'd like to have an answer to this question as well. I decided to main my Kinetic Combat Shadow again, but haven't had time to PvP much since I've been focused on leveling crew skills on my alts for gearing purposes.

One specific question I have is this: for a 1v1 situation (node guarding, dueling, etc.) which talent would you guys recommend if I had to take one or the other?
  1. Mental Defense (Reduces damage while stunned by 30%, and AoE damage by 30%).
  2. Fade (Reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak by 45 seconds and extends its duration by 5 seconds).

Thanks in advance for your input!

adayamothrawn's Avatar


adayamothrawn
12.20.2016 , 02:57 PM | #3
What would you recommend in terms of spec? Hatred, or Deception? I'm (of course) reading different things all the time.

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
12.20.2016 , 03:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
So are assassins still top notch in terms of solo ranked PVP? How do they compare to a Mara in terms of arenas?

Having recently returned was debating on grabbing a sin again
I have a 70 Mara and Sin. Both are really great in PVP ATM. Very close.

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
12.20.2016 , 03:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by adayamothrawn View Post
What would you recommend in terms of spec? Hatred, or Deception? I'm (of course) reading different things all the time.

Go Deception for PVP. Its strong currently.

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
12.20.2016 , 03:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RodneyMcNeely View Post
I'd like to have an answer to this question as well. I decided to main my Kinetic Combat Shadow again, but haven't had time to PvP much since I've been focused on leveling crew skills on my alts for gearing purposes.

One specific question I have is this: for a 1v1 situation (node guarding, dueling, etc.) which talent would you guys recommend if I had to take one or the other?
  1. Mental Defense (Reduces damage while stunned by 30%, and AoE damage by 30%).
  2. Fade (Reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak by 45 seconds and extends its duration by 5 seconds).

Thanks in advance for your input!
I tend to go with Mental Defense, hoever you could use the Fade if you take the other talent which adds force shroud to Force Cloak. It stacks. Either way works. It's more about playstyle IMO.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.20.2016 , 04:23 PM | #7
Fade is DPS, Mental Spirit is survival.. pretty much. In regs it wouldn't matter much, and in solo ranked I guess the choice would depend on if you feel like you are under focus a lot.

In team ranked, if it at all applies to you, itll depend on your team, your enemy team(s) and your playstyle within that team more than anything else.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
12.20.2016 , 11:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Fade is DPS, Mental Spirit is survival.. pretty much. In regs it wouldn't matter much, and in solo ranked I guess the choice would depend on if you feel like you are under focus a lot.

In team ranked, if it at all applies to you, itll depend on your team, your enemy team(s) and your playstyle within that team more than anything else.
Cloak is more than just dps tough (assuming you mean the reset on recklessness) in pvp, its vital as anti-focus, reposition, node guard (capacity to vanish and save one more cap comes more handy than I can say, or to vanish and re-mindtrap someone assuming you aren't being swarmed already, and that reinforcement aint there when node guarding.

And seeing the ammount of time you spend stunned in pvp, I find that mental spirit is often a must. At any rate I always use both.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.21.2016 , 03:01 AM | #9
I personally value the movement speed with stealthlevel above the stun dr. I don't really have trouble staying alive and the speed helps chasing ranged a lot.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server