Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a combat profinicencies and rotation guide for infiltration 5.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Is there a combat profinicencies and rotation guide for infiltration 5.0?

RaithHarth
12.04.2016 , 04:56 PM | #1
Any help would greatly be appreciated, was thinking about getting back into my pvp routine.
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

Torvai
12.05.2016 , 02:26 AM | #2
How to play deception 101: Spam voltaic-> press everything that glows

To be fair, look up a guide for 4.0 and build reaping strike into it. But no idea where it sits on the priority tbh.

Sunfire_
12.05.2016 , 03:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
To be fair, look up a guide for 4.0 and build reaping strike into it. But no idea where it sits on the priority tbh.
My best guess is that it's higher priority than an Infiltration Tactics procced Shadow Strike (since Infiltration Tactics has an internal cooldown) but below Psychokinetic Blast since using Vaulting Slash generaltes Circling Shadows.

Other than that, Torval is probably right

FlavivsAetivs
12.05.2016 , 08:50 AM | #4
This is what I'm getting but I've been testing it for an hour this morning and here are my results:

Ignoring 100% uptime on clairvoyance = 8100 DPS

Prioritizing Shadow Strike over Vaulting Slash = 8100 DPS

Prioritizing Vaulting Slash over Shadow strike = 8100 DPS

So I don't know what's up, actually, because I know you can do 9K in 224 gear cause one of my guildies did it on his infiltration Shadow Saturday.

Highest Parsely Parse is 9840 (Infiltration is the #1 Parsing Spec).

However some of these really high parses might be due to the fact that sometimes your stance is doubled and sometimes it's not, a bug currently effecting all classes.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

silvershadows
12.05.2016 , 12:15 PM | #5
Recklessness > Discharge > Reaping Strike > Ball Lightning > Maul > Voltaic Slash > Voltaic Slash > Ball Lightning > Discharge > Phantom Stride > Discharge.

That's the deception rotation/priority. Basically that's your opener, and then use it as a priority guide with recklessness and phantom stride on cooldown to proc your discharge. If you get the utility you can throw in a free assassinate after the phantom stride as well.

Sorry for the imp terminology.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

NogueiraA
12.05.2016 , 01:34 PM | #6
My question is: Is the top parses having the bugged stance? Where it procs Discharge/Force Breach way faster than intended?

EDIT: The top parser killed the dummie in 150secs and did 33 Force Breach hits.. That's a Force Breach every 4.5secs, his stance is bugged.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

FlavivsAetivs
12.05.2016 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
Recklessness > Discharge > Reaping Strike > Ball Lightning > Maul > Voltaic Slash > Voltaic Slash > Ball Lightning > Discharge > Phantom Stride > Discharge.

That's the deception rotation/priority. Basically that's your opener, and then use it as a priority guide with recklessness and phantom stride on cooldown to proc your discharge. If you get the utility you can throw in a free assassinate after the phantom stride as well.

Sorry for the imp terminology.
This can't be right, Reaping Strike/Vaulting Slash should not be prioritized over Ball Lightning/Psychokinetic blast since it builds stacks of Circling Shadows to proc Psychokinetic Blast.

I've tested it and switching up Vaulting Slash, Spinning Strike, and Shadow Strike yields little difference in DPS, in the range of 25-75 DPS overall.

Quote:
My question is: Is the top parses having the bugged stance? Where it procs Discharge/Force Breach way faster than intended?

EDIT: The top parser killed the dummie in 150secs and did 33 Force Breach hits.. That's a Force Breach every 4.5secs, his stance is bugged.
Yep. I did it in 19 Force breaches with an unbugged stance, bugged you get about 35-37 per parse. He got 33 obviously cause it was faster and he probably had a pretty high crit rate due to the large margin of error with Shadow.

~ Eudoxia
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

silvershadows
12.05.2016 , 04:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
This can't be right, Reaping Strike/Vaulting Slash should not be prioritized over Ball Lightning/Psychokinetic blast since it builds stacks of Circling Shadows to proc Psychokinetic Blast.

I've tested it and switching up Vaulting Slash, Spinning Strike, and Shadow Strike yields little difference in DPS, in the range of 25-75 DPS overall.

Yep. I did it in 19 Force breaches with an unbugged stance, bugged you get about 35-37 per parse. He got 33 obviously cause it was faster and he probably had a pretty high crit rate due to the large margin of error with Shadow.

~ Eudoxia
Well you can always switch it back after the opener. The thing is that after that initial use of everything you've got it basically just comes down to using whatever's proc'd. I tried it both ways myself, using it before and after ball lightning, and maybe what it comes down to is that it might just be more prudent to use reaping strike first in a pvp situation and not in pve, since in pvp you just want to get as much damage out in that initial window as possible. In any case, the rest of it is correct. Though who knows what it'll be like once they fix the current static charge bug.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

FlavivsAetivs
12.05.2016 , 04:49 PM | #9
I've been doing my parses unbugged mostly and it's no different, you just gotta work a little harder to make sure you keep uptime on Clairvoyance sometimes.

The bug isn't on static charge/force breach specifically but affects all classes, so sometimes when you log in you have two of your class stance causing you to parse way higher than you should. It affects Shadows and Mercs the most.

~ Eudoxia
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

RaithHarth
12.07.2016 , 04:32 PM | #10
This is what I have so far, not sure if this is legit or not, but could probably use a few pointers

Stealth > force potency > spinning kick > force breach > vaulting slash > shadow strike > Psychokinetic blast > shadow stride > spinning strike
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk