Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Technique is bugged

Vember
12.10.2016 , 10:41 AM | #1
It's not appearing in passives and as a result Force Breach is unusable....says there is no active technique when you try to use it. I thought maybe my character was bugged, but I asked another lowbie Shadow and he was having the same issue. Anyone come across this?

Edit - at 16 when you get Psycho kinesis it updates force breach and it works correctly

Allegos
12.12.2016 , 06:33 PM | #2
I'm seeing the same issue on a freshly rolled Assassin. The level 12 talent that should give us Darkness Charge (our tank stance) simply removes Lightning Charge, but doesn't replace it, leaving Discharge unusable.

This toon hasn't reached level 16 yet; if you're right, just leveling my toon further should fix it. That's reassuring to hear.

Edited to Add: after a moment's reflection, it occurred to me that, until you get the talent that transforms Discharge/Force Breach to match your stance, Discharge is still trying to cast its original version, but the level 12 talent that changes your charge/technique removes that as an option. The Assassin/Shadow's shield does activate in combat, so you do have Dark Charge/Combat Technique at the level that it says you do.
"The Nerfbat is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those FOTMs who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."

Caulderone
12.22.2016 , 05:14 PM | #3
Just encountered this issue. Discharge unusable. No Dark Charge showing up in abilities list. But, I do have the bonus accuracy as if I am in tank stance.

Bizarro.
This is a Referall Link.

Evolixe
12.22.2016 , 05:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Caulderone View Post
Just encountered this issue. Discharge unusable. No Dark Charge showing up in abilities list. But, I do have the bonus accuracy as if I am in tank stance.

Bizarro.
Stances are now passives. They don't show up as buffs and they might not even show up in the abilities list.
You can't change stance. If you are a tank Sin, you will always be in Dark Charge.
If you are Hatred, always in Lightning Charge, etc.

What level are you? If its below 20 just keep levelling and you'll be fine soon enough.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Caulderone
12.22.2016 , 05:41 PM | #5
Yeah, Dark Charge is now in the Combat Proficiencies tab at level 12. It doesn't get added to the abilities list.

At 12, you gain DC and Discharge becomes greyed out and unusable. At 16, you get Torment, and Discharge comes back available.

This is very odd, very poor design, but it resolves itself fairly quickly.
This is a Referall Link.