Assasin 5.0 PVP Questions

DirtyDiggler

I'd like to have an answer to this question as well. I decided to main my Kinetic Combat Shadow again, but haven't had time to PvP much since I've been focused on leveling crew skills on my alts for gearing purposes.

One specific question I have is this: for a 1v1 situation (node guarding, dueling, etc.) which talent would you guys recommend if I had to take one or the other?

1. Mental Defense (Reduces damage while stunned by 30%, and AoE damage by 30%).
  2. Fade (Reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak by 45 seconds and extends its duration by 5 seconds).

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

I'd like to have an answer to this question as well. I decided to main my Kinetic Combat Shadow again, but haven't had time to PvP much since I've been focused on leveling crew skills on my alts for gearing purposes.

One specific question I have is this: for a 1v1 situation (node guarding, dueling, etc.) which talent would you guys recommend if I had to take one or the other?

1. Mental Defense (Reduces damage while stunned by 30%, and AoE damage by 30%).
  2. Fade (Reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak by 45 seconds and extends its duration by 5 seconds).

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

I tend to go with Mental Defense, hoever you could use the Fade if you take the other talent which adds force shroud to Force Cloak. It stacks. Either way works. It's more about playstyle IMO.

Fade is DPS, Mental Spirit is survival.. pretty much. In regs it wouldn't matter much, and in solo ranked I guess the choice would depend on if you feel like you are under focus a lot.

In team ranked, if it at all applies to you, itll depend on your team, your enemy team(s) and your playstyle within that team more than anything else.

Fade is DPS, Mental Spirit is survival.. pretty much. In regs it wouldn't matter much, and in solo ranked I guess the choice would depend on if you feel like you are under focus a lot.

In team ranked, if it at all applies to you, itll depend on your team, your enemy team(s) and your playstyle within that team more than anything else.

Cloak is more than just dps tough (assuming you mean the reset on recklessness) in pvp, its vital as anti-focus, reposition, node guard (capacity to vanish and save one more cap comes more handy than I can say, or to vanish and re-mindtrap someone assuming you aren't being swarmed already, and that reinforcement aint there when node guarding.

And seeing the ammount of time you spend stunned in pvp, I find that mental spirit is often a must. At any rate I always use both.