Where dreams die - defeat purifier droids

I have now done this quest over and over and no success and basically am stuck.

I have played ten chars through this section without problem. Now since I have not much to do, I decided to use the free updated char option and I made a new char and am at this spot where the Purifier droids never get defeated.

Surely this must be a bug. I have been fighting all these purifier droids for hours on end, died more often than I can count, and die and die and die. I can get the whole group to kill first lot and then run down to the other area and hide, and kill off whatever comes. But then going back they all come running again and he killing starts again.

This is so very frustrating. To be stuck on such a stupid part.

On forum and net not much news/anything about it all is 2017 time. Please help. Maybe I need to lodge ticket, looks like a bug n (Oh by the way I am in Story difficulty)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm reading this right, you're inside the big room with the hexagonal columns in the floor and the big Technothingy in the middle, with the droids that appear on three sides.

It can, indeed, be a little stressful, but without knowing various things about your character, there's not much we can do to help:

* Which class and discipline?

* What level?

* Influence rank for Vette? (Remember that for an Outlander token character, she starts at Influence rank 1.)

* What is your "Item Rating" shown top-left in the Character panel?

I did this a few days ago on a level 70 Marksmanship Sniper whose command rank is in the mid-70s, and who has full 230 gear. Vette got a bit stressed about her Health, but it was actually one of the least difficult versions of this fight I've had. For Sniper, it's best to stand on the upper level between the Technothingy and the front door because you have the range to cover all three doors without moving much.

I can get the whole group to kill first lot and then run down to the other area and hide, and kill off whatever comes. But then going back they all come running again and he killing starts again.

If I understand you correctly, you are killing some of the droids at the main entrance to the technolith room, then running out of the room to the passageway on the far side of the courtyard to try to group up the rest of them and kill them as they reach you.

It that's the case, it could be that you are running too far into the corridor/passageway and resetting the encounter*. This causes all the droids to respawn and reset to their starting positions, which in turn could make you feel like that the spawns are never ending.

*This happened to me loads of times when I was working on that chapter in master mode.

• 1 year later...
Sentinel 70 here, Vette is about a rank 10, and my gear is about rating 200. I have the difficulty set to story mode, I've used all my abilities, including heroic moment and the light side companion legacy buff, but all that happens is I keep dying. The other NPC toons with me do jack all while Vette and I fight, and it doesnt seem to matter how I deploy her. at this point, I just want done with this story so I can have my companions back, where do I get off this ride? and if I can't, how do I finish this area?

I can suggest only one one solution (proofed on 5.x patch Master Mode run by TK sage ;) ) :

1) escape from room to inclined ramp and _never_ leave it on the flat grounds

2) in this case rest of your companions takes position appr. in middle of ramp and "steal" most of aggro

3) switch Vette off on position appr 20-25 m (stay on ramp!) behind comps backs then leap and switch her on just after

4) when you lost too many HP return on that starting position with force camouflage and let Vette do some heal while Lana, Theron and others keep aggro

5) you practically win when you'll see single big droid with no adds (and no more purifier's spawn from this moment) so just burn him now to victory :)

Are you playing sentinel/mara?
It's a little old but was done on a level 70 watchman sentinel with ilevel 237 (no augments) and an influence 1 Vette. Basically it's to keep her on that podium and stay within range most times, try to keep the others off her so she can heal you. No hiding needed.

• 4 months later...

For anyone else stuck who finds this. It took me 15 attempts on vet to beat it, and the solution was turning the cheese up to 11.

For reference I was playing it on an AP PT, gear rating 284. Vette level 3.

When you run in, quickly clear the group directly in front of you, then run out the door they came into. Put Vette on passive so she follows. Keep running across the courtyard and into the next building. In that next building there is hard corner. Hide behind that corner and let Vette heal you and herself back up. Then just wait. The mobs will follow and all come into this building, stopping in the doorway. Now you can AoE all of them together, then run back around the corner to break LoS and get healed up.

I could not find any other way to do this, at least not with staying in the main room. The stacking DoTs from the droids wasnt possible for the companion to heal through (2k ticks being parsed x10 in the stack), and moreover I could not juggle passive mode in any ways which would keep her from running right into the largest group of droids and to get focused down. Once I tried the above LoS trick I got it first time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the reason why this fight is hard is because it's impossible to stop a healing companion from picking up aggro because the droids spawn all around the room and the room is pretty big. The answer is a change of venue. When the fight begins, put companion to passive and run out of the room. Your NPCs supports like Theron will die but whatever.

How far you go is up to you. I've done it as a DPS scoundrel just outside of the main room. Drop Vette around a corner where she can see you but the enemies can't see her. She will still pick up aggro from heals. If you set up everything, correctly, enemies have to pass you to get to her. Use stuns and AOE to intercept them. As a scoundrel, this is particularly easy because the enemies here all get stunned by bushwhack. Every class has its own toys. Combine them with complimentary utilities/tacticals to get the best results.

• 1 month later...

I don't get this fight either. Always in Story mode, sometimes when I'm there it's easy. I'm killing off the droids with barely a scratch. With other characters I'm dead at about 10 seconds into the fight, give or take. I'll win eventually, but for those times it takes a death or two.

Maybe it's a gearing issue. At the time I wasn't paying much attention, using what the game gave me as normal but not completing Personal Conquests fast enough to get the good stuff. This was before they revamped how Personal Conquests worked. Maybe I'm just better now at Personal Conquests, because I notice I'm completing them at a greater rate than I used to.

• 5 months later...

I cant do anything here either, overwhelmed and dead in a matter of moments, It may be gear related, but most of my companions run around like headless chickens, vette heals once and then boom she dead. and I am shortly afterwards

Gear is 213, Vette is rank 3.

Same here.... very little damage from the "team" at one point I saw Theron punching a droid. I"m about 215. I thought leveling up Vette would help so i leveled her to 15 . Tried all the suggestions and still no way to get past the droids.

I'll try other characters but I'm worried that I'm stuck

Has anyone figured this out? Freaking stuck on this part of the story. Tried maybe 15 times, moved into the next room, nothing works. Vette dies, I die, nothing works.

What level is your character?

I'm afraid it's a wider issue related to how they changed the level sync system. The higher level you are, the worse your gear is devalued. Normally, while levelling, people don't really care about the gear and pick whatever the game drops, but now it seems one has to wait till level 80 and then get the best gear they can get and only afterwards going back to those quests. So, personally, I think it's the level sync that is messed up now.

I'd assume at some point they would just stop the regeneration of droids entirely? Initially I thought this could be easily done, since I thought the droids that you'd already killed would stay dead, but they seem to infinitely regenerate.

Vette now stays passive automatically whenever I go to one of the other sides to the left or right exit to the room as well. Legit hope they fix it, because I've cheesed it many times yet I still can't do it and my gear and credits are seriously suffering for it.

I just got to this part of the story. Tried logging in and out, dismissing her, re-summoning her. I'm level 78, first time I've played since the base game came out. I'd rather not skip ahead in the story, but I may unsub at this point. There is no getting past this non-stop spawning of mobs. I have tried only 7-8 times, but once the silver elite mob spawns, I die. It's definitely infuriating and de-motivating me from playing anymore.

Same experience for me. I can't level my character anymore. This part of this quest is impossible to get past now. This mission is broken. Not even the gimmicky techniques of before work. It seems like there might be a bug with Vette, she dies very quickly and once she's gone, you're toast.

Yes, I have the exact same annoying experience. Story mode, everything else is a breeze but this fight is soo broken. Vette is killed almost immediately. Tried a couple of the suggestions related to positioning, but to no avail. This needs to be looked at.