Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bounty Hunters and smugglers should be there own neutral faction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunters and smugglers should be there own neutral faction

jimmyjediknight's Avatar


jimmyjediknight
05.28.2012 , 08:01 AM | #21
yes i know the game is at war. but to say there are no empire smugglers or republic bh is just crazy. saying a agent is the empire smuggler is just as crazy. a agent is a spy or informent not someone that takes person a to place b.

the trooper is not going to take a contract to go kill some wanted imp peron he is a trooper the military

MXIII's Avatar


MXIII
05.28.2012 , 08:04 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyjediknight View Post
yes i know the game is at war. but to say there are no empire smugglers or republic bh is just crazy. saying a agent is the empire smuggler is just as crazy. a agent is a spy or informent not someone that takes person a to place b.

the trooper is not going to take a contract to go kill some wanted imp peron he is a trooper the military
Thats not a neutral faction, what you are asking for is for the empire to have smuggler classes, and the Republic to have BH classes, which may still happen. But to create an entire thrid faction that is only going to exist for the first 30 quests is completely asinine. Not to mention the first chapters of the Smuggler and BH stories, are for all intents and purposes completely neutral. You take jobs from the empire, but your main goal is to win the great hunt, and only interact with the empire off and on. As a smuggler you are looking for your ship, and doing your own smuggle thing before actually working for the republic. So its almost the same thing
There are no Heroes or Villains. Only Winners and Losers.

jimmyjediknight's Avatar


jimmyjediknight
05.28.2012 , 08:07 AM | #23
i have a smuggler and a bounty hunter i know what there missions are.
now we are spliting hairs. id be happy with adding each class to either side its almost the same thing but its not.




Quote: Originally Posted by MXIII View Post
Thats not a neutral faction, what you are asking for is for the empire to have smuggler classes, and the Republic to have BH classes, which may still happen. But to create an entire thrid faction that is only going to exist for the first 30 quests is completely asinine. Not to mention the first chapters of the Smuggler and BH stories, are for all intents and purposes completely neutral. You take jobs from the empire, but your main goal is to win the great hunt, and only interact with the empire off and on. As a smuggler you are looking for your ship, and doing your own smuggle thing before actually working for the republic. So its almost the same thing

Phrase's Avatar


Phrase
05.28.2012 , 08:08 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Valperion View Post
Your idea would work great for "Star War Galaxies 2".
* But not this game.
This.

BW made a design choice to make this a two faction game, where your faction choice is hard-coded at creation (which seems to be industry standard).

While I wouldn't mind seeing faction choice the way it was implemented in SWG, I just don't think it's possible in this game without re-building the game from the ground up.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

jimmyjediknight's Avatar


jimmyjediknight
05.28.2012 , 08:08 AM | #25
Would u be ok with having the separatist as a faction


Quote: Originally Posted by MXIII View Post
Thats not a neutral faction, what you are asking for is for the empire to have smuggler classes, and the Republic to have BH classes, which may still happen. But to create an entire thrid faction that is only going to exist for the first 30 quests is completely asinine. Not to mention the first chapters of the Smuggler and BH stories, are for all intents and purposes completely neutral. You take jobs from the empire, but your main goal is to win the great hunt, and only interact with the empire off and on. As a smuggler you are looking for your ship, and doing your own smuggle thing before actually working for the republic. So its almost the same thing

jimmyjediknight's Avatar


jimmyjediknight
05.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #26
prob right like i told someone how about the separatist as its own faction
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
This.

BW made a design choice to make this a two faction game, where your faction choice is hard-coded at creation (which seems to be industry standard).

While I wouldn't mind seeing faction choice the way it was implemented in SWG, I just don't think it's possible in this game without re-building the game from the ground up.

MXIII's Avatar


MXIII
05.28.2012 , 08:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyjediknight View Post
Would u be ok with having the separatist as a faction
Okay, so a planet specific rebellion that is completely curshed by chapter 2 is going to be its own faction, I suppose its plausible. Now how would they relate to the empire or the republic...What classes would they have? How would they affect the greater galaxy during the war, considering they only care about their planet. They are an independent planet, that wants nothing to do with either government, which would be fun I suppose...for the first 10 levels... What other planets would a separatist go to, how would he get there?

What would be the main hub for the faction, how would he work in flashpoints, operations, etc?
There are no Heroes or Villains. Only Winners and Losers.

jimmyjediknight's Avatar


jimmyjediknight
05.28.2012 , 08:12 AM | #28
get the heck out of here they moved this post, bio loves doing that its prob moved . did we strike a nerve

MXIII's Avatar


MXIII
05.28.2012 , 08:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyjediknight View Post
get the heck out of here they moved this post, bio loves doing that its prob moved . did we strike a nerve

Uh no it got moved to the classes section because we are talking about putting two classes into its own faction. So we are discussing classes, therefore it goes into the classes area.
There are no Heroes or Villains. Only Winners and Losers.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
05.28.2012 , 08:42 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyjediknight View Post
yes i know the game is at war. but to say there are no empire smugglers or republic bh is just crazy. saying a agent is the empire smuggler is just as crazy. a agent is a spy or informent not someone that takes person a to place b.

the trooper is not going to take a contract to go kill some wanted imp peron he is a trooper the military
The fact is, it wouldn't be fair to give 2 classes twice as much content as other classes.

If it makes you feel any better think of it like the BH prefers the empire and the smuggler prefers the republic. And not to be confused with Bounty Hunters and Smugglers in general...just the classes and their story...THAT character prefers a side to another.