Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling too fast

omegacommander
05.24.2012 , 08:13 PM | #11
I have a question. I have a problem with over leveling, mostly because I am always rested, and right now me and my brother are almost always teamed up doing all of the missions together except class quests, mostly for social. When I got to Tatooine I was already level 30 and I was wondering if being in a group ALL the time will increase or decrease the amount of xp I get, because currently I want as little xp as possible without having to skip missions (because I can't bring myself to leave one behind without doing it). So any advice would be SEVERELY appreciated.
ThePunisher

Eillack
05.25.2012 , 09:07 AM | #12
I honestly tihnks it's the player's, not the game. The ones who non-stop play TOR, then complain that they hit 50 in X amount of time. I first say some 50's on day 3 of TOR...how that happened I don't know, but yeah...

spoonguy
05.25.2012 , 09:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by omegacommander View Post
I have a question. I have a problem with over leveling, mostly because I am always rested, and right now me and my brother are almost always teamed up doing all of the missions together except class quests, mostly for social. When I got to Tatooine I was already level 30 and I was wondering if being in a group ALL the time will increase or decrease the amount of xp I get, because currently I want as little xp as possible without having to skip missions (because I can't bring myself to leave one behind without doing it). So any advice would be SEVERELY appreciated.
I believe loot drops are better in groups but I don't think xp is, though I could be wrong. If you want less xp then definitely don't log off in a rest zone... are you doing the bonus series too? As if you are you'll be 50 way before then end of the quests ... if you're planning on playing through with alts don't be afraid to say skip all the non story quests on one planet and save them for the next play though.

PainOfDemise
05.25.2012 , 10:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJimilingus View Post
Not sure if this is just because I play this game too much or what. BUT, does it seem like the leveling goes too fast in this game? I only played one MMO before this and now just 5 months into the game I have two level 50's and one that I am quickly working towards a level 50. Does it seem the game goes too fast? Or did they do that on purpose to give us incentive to try all the classes?
I honestly think people are too used to the usual "grind factor" that most MMOs give you. You actually don't need to grind in this one, maybe that is why it seems you level up to fast?
*Click the Legacy for free stuff!*

Strikestorm
05.27.2012 , 02:31 AM | #15
Well you do level quite fast in this game . They have slowed it down a bit, you don't get as much rested xp as fast as you used too . I personally have a level 50 sniper , 50 Juggernaut, 50 mercenary, 50 scoundrel , 50 commando and currently working on what now a 42 sentinel and have plans on making a jedi shadow ( for I can have all buffs) . But like previous poster stated i usually get to 50 long before corellia.

Someone ask how you level fast well just do some war-zones , space mission's try to do all quest ( including bonus in quest) on planet . Before ya know it u out level the content . Also crafting also help u level when gathering resources(fighting mobs to get to those precious resources ).

Also there there is a xp bonus for grouping not only loot but xp gains .

ekimmak
05.27.2012 , 05:42 AM | #16
I find myself to be on two different ends of this spectrum a lot.

Sometimes, my quest log ends up full because there's too many of those quests I meant to go back and finish but never got around to. Other times, I completely missed the area altogether and never got those quests. I have yet to finish Act 1 at the level I'm supposed to.

On the other hand, my Merc is currently making mincemeat of belsavis one or two levels higher than any of the quests there could be, simply because she grabbed the alderaan bonus series and the colicoid war games FP. So it really depends on who's on when you are, and how often you run space missions.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

frobalt
05.28.2012 , 06:03 AM | #17
Hold on, am I understanding this thread correctly?

It seems as if people are complaining that there's too much to do in terms of levelling.

Personally, I see this as a good thing, as it means you don't have to finish everything to be top level, but can if you want to.

JMarchini
05.28.2012 , 10:12 AM | #18
I think the leveling is just right in my opinion you just have to take the time and do most of the content on a particular planet. I just dinged level 50 just about halfway through Corellia for my Imperial Agent. I always had rested XP, and did almost everything you could on a particular planet until I got to Alderaan, there were a bunch of Heroic 4s I was unable to do because I couldn't get a group, and I was only able to do a handful of the heroics on Taris, Hoth, Belsavis and Voss due to the same thing. I also only ever did like three flashpoints (black talon, athiss, mandalorian raiders), and still have my quest log filled with content still left to do. If you did do absolutely everything available to you (heroics, bonus series, PvP, flashpoints, etc) it is super easy to over level your character and steamroll your way through the game.