Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tatooine sucks!

FRA_Emmerson
05.27.2012 , 06:10 AM | #1
I'm a level 24 Sith Juggernaut, I have had little to no problems on all the other planets I've been to; Korriban, Dromand Kaas, Balmorra, Nar Shadaa... However, I get to Tatooine, first guy I get into a fight with drains more than half my health. And it was just one guy. I consider myself to be a decent player when it comes to combat, I have good quality armour and a very nice lightsaber for my level. I've attempted combat with each of my companions, trying different tactics each time, and I'm still getting my butt handed to me by a womp rat!

If anybody has some advice on how to survive on this planet, please do share...
Emmerson vs Ecio

WaveRun
05.27.2012 , 06:14 AM | #2
Don't do tatooine until you're level 25, that's your main mistake. You want to have that speeder with you when you're doing questing on tat. Also, what level of gear do you have? Are they orange? Do you have about the 9-10 mods in the orange gear?

Also, what companion are you using? It depends on how you're spec and personal preference. Malavi Quinn for DPS jugger and Vette for tank jugger.

Subscriber Since Day 1 PROUD Pre-order AND CE Holder
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Bolsteroids <Coronet United News Team> Jedi Knight | Waverunner <Problematic> Inquisitor

FRA_Emmerson
05.27.2012 , 06:30 AM | #3
I have green armour mostly. not very many good mods, but I've been working on my Synthweaving skill, so hopefully I'll be getting some better armour soon. I tank, but I use Quinn. I'll switch him out with vette here, and I guess I can try to do heroics and flashpoints to level up.
Emmerson vs Ecio

robertwdanger
05.27.2012 , 07:26 AM | #4
By the time you are on Tatooine you should be wearing at least a few orange armor pieces and hopefully orange lightsabers so that you can keep addding armor/hilts/mods/enhancements and keep them top of the line. When you get quest rewards on the planet, always take the commendations unless you get a armor/hilt/mod/enhancement or an item that drastically improves your situation. Keep checking the GTN for equip/companion equip so that you are properly geared up for that level. Other than that, just go slowly and you'll be fine, though you probably should be at 25 by the time you land on Tatooine or shortly thereafter. Good luck!
Acilles - Jedi Guardian, Yhossarian - Gunslinger, Whinters - Vanguard, Bhenn - Shadow
Uskglass - Powertech, Farrson - Marauder, Fanning - Sniper, Morrte - Assassin

McCamper
05.27.2012 , 07:38 AM | #5
I started Tatooine when I hit level 24 also, with my Sith Juggernaut (about two days ago).
I didn't really have a hard time fighting at all. I had a few times when my health was almost depleted, but that was when I took on two strongs and a group with Vette dead.
I use Vette, mainly because I can take out enemies quickly with her.
Maybe you just need better armor. When I was level 24 I had 3 pieces of orange gear (head, hands, legs).
Try leveling up higher before you take on Tatooine, it can be a tough place.

Shiradan
05.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #6
Try to wisely use your commendations of other planets to get geared, then you will have no problem.

SilentKitty
05.27.2012 , 07:30 PM | #7
Jupp, keep up with the gear. My JK got spanked first time she got to Tatooine. Went back to Nar Shadda for a good look at her and her companions gear. Came back again and beat everything =)

janne_h
05.27.2012 , 09:16 PM | #8
Well i wish that anyother player would show up on T. Pretty chitty .me myself and i is there.

Musclemary
05.27.2012 , 10:23 PM | #9
You should be having NO problems whatsoever on Tat with a Jugg. I blitzed it on my jugg tank spec with either Quinn as heals or Vette dps. If you are a Dps spec and struggling, maybe respec as tank to get you through. I even did the final story boss on Voss at level 45 when I really struggled to kill him on my sorc at 47 and my Op at 49!!

Tank spec juggs have some nice defence moves and with some reasonable gear, including decent relics, the entire single game experience should be a breeze. I've even finished my story completley and im still 0nly level 49 with some way to go yet for 50. Don't forget your comps get new skills as you go along so make sure to activate them and keep them geared at the same time. Its wise to sometimes forgoe the planet commendations for a piece of companion gear if its offered to you. That way they keep up gear wise, with your main character.

Plus, when you get Jaesa, and keep her gear good, she can solo silvers with ease..especially if you are tank and have ur guard on her. Seriously, Jugg is one of the toughest classes out there for survivability. Can't think why you would be dying so much.