Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix the Stun Lock issue in WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please fix the Stun Lock issue in WZs

Akabelleth
01.23.2019 , 10:03 PM | #1
Dear Devs,

PLEASE fix the stun lock issue so prevalent in WZs, your little white bar doesn't work and its far to easy for a player to be unable to react or do anything while being pounded into the dirt. This does NOT make PvP fun or interesting. I really have no idea how you would fix this but I am sure intelligent people such as yourselves can figure it out. There is waaay to much CC that goes on in WZs and is often a source of frustration for newer players who are trying PvP out as another way to enjoy the game.

Totemdancer
01.23.2019 , 10:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Akabelleth View Post
Dear Devs,

PLEASE fix the stun lock issue so prevalent in WZs, your little white bar doesn't work and its far to easy for a player to be unable to react or do anything while being pounded into the dirt. This does NOT make PvP fun or interesting. I really have no idea how you would fix this but I am sure intelligent people such as yourselves can figure it out. There is waaay to much CC that goes on in WZs and is often a source of frustration for newer players who are trying PvP out as another way to enjoy the game.
When you have full resolve (white bar), you will be immune to all hard and soft stuns. But you wonít be immune to movement impairing effects that arenít affected by resolve. You need to find out what these are so you can recognise them and not use your stun break on them.

Zurules
01.23.2019 , 10:47 PM | #3
I dont really see any problem with your so called stun locking. I feel like your frustrations should be directed at your teammates more than anything else. This is a team game when it comes to pvp. your tank can put guard on you and absorb 50% of your damaged taken, aswell as aoe taunt to reduce the damage you take by 30% if your opponents continue to attack you. you have healers aswell that will heal you at the same time. now if you are by yourself vs 3-4 people, well you should be popping your dcds probably a bit earlier in anticipation to survive a bit longer, but in this case your supposed to die if your goal is to delay a cap as long as possible or try to retreat if possible too. everyone has atleast one cc break aswell so you can choose when to get out of a stun lock every 90 seconds or 120 depending on your spec and utility choices.

its kinda sad to see so many people complain about stuff like this when its 100% a l2p issue to the majority of the pvp player base. atleast that's how I feel about it. People just dont like to think when they play, the amount of times I hard stun (4s) a person defending a node and I start to cap the point which takes 6 or 8 seconds depending on the map and they use their cc break to stop me, instead of just waiting out 4 seconds (without using their cc break) and THEN hit me to stop the cap, but instead most break and then I can follow it up with my lift (8s) and guarantee the cap.

There will always be times where you have nothing defensive left and you get globalled, that happens to everyone. new players in pvp will definitely take longer to learn all of the basics, but if they take the time to think like: if he uses this ability then I should do x to counter it, and try to apply this to as many situations as possible, then these player will improve there play a lot faster than most.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Totemdancer
01.24.2019 , 03:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
I dont really see any problem with your so called stun locking. I feel like your frustrations should be directed at your teammates more than anything else. This is a team game when it comes to pvp. your tank can put guard on you and absorb 50% of your damaged taken, aswell as aoe taunt to reduce the damage you take by 30% if your opponents continue to attack you. you have healers aswell that will heal you at the same time. now if you are by yourself vs 3-4 people, well you should be popping your dcds probably a bit earlier in anticipation to survive a bit longer, but in this case your supposed to die if your goal is to delay a cap as long as possible or try to retreat if possible too. everyone has atleast one cc break aswell so you can choose when to get out of a stun lock every 90 seconds or 120 depending on your spec and utility choices.

its kinda sad to see so many people complain about stuff like this when its 100% a l2p issue to the majority of the pvp player base. atleast that's how I feel about it. People just dont like to think when they play, the amount of times I hard stun (4s) a person defending a node and I start to cap the point which takes 6 or 8 seconds depending on the map and they use their cc break to stop me, instead of just waiting out 4 seconds (without using their cc break) and THEN hit me to stop the cap, but instead most break and then I can follow it up with my lift (8s) and guarantee the cap.
Thatís not really fair description of the stun problems in this game. Unless you are in a premade you have little hope of any tank putting guard on you when you are stun locked. There really is no such thing as a ďteamĒ anymore because everyone is too busy farming dps. Itís everyone for themselves, even the tanks are too busy farming dps to play right.

Those left who are team players like us are few and far between.

There has been way too much ďstunĒ creep introduced over the years and way too many speed and immunities added to try and counter them. My opinion is there are way too many of each and they should all be dialed back abit.

I do agree there is way too much learn to play in this game now. Hardly anyone knows what a DCD is and when to use it. I blame BioWare dumbing down the whole game down because you donít need DCDs anymore outside of pvp or Master Mode pve. So people come into pvp and have no clue what 69% of their abilities are. Iíve come across people who didnít even have DCDs in their task bar

I just saw this post in the gen section.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959790
These guys are doing training sessions etc. Maybe some skill can be reintroduced back into pvp. Itís been sorely missing since the large pvp guilds disbanded and there is no one left to train noobs.

Banderal
01.24.2019 , 04:53 AM | #5
I always treat getting stun-locked as an honor. Wow, I must really be seen as a threat to get this much attention!

The fact that my side is concentrating on what we perceive as the weakest link in the enemy chain, that in no way dispels my illusions.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

KendraP
01.24.2019 , 05:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I always treat getting stun-locked as an honor. Wow, I must really be seen as a threat to get this much attention!

The fact that my side is concentrating on what we perceive as the weakest link in the enemy chain, that in no way dispels my illusions.
I used to find getting stun locked this way. The novelty wore off quickly. Now i just don't dps on my main in pvp.

rolandps
01.24.2019 , 08:37 AM | #7
Remove core functionality that's existed since release and rules a primary part of how PvP works. Thumb up!

Rion_Starkiller
01.24.2019 , 09:52 AM | #8
I don't mind stun locks if my healer isn't mezzed, and I'm on a class with 30% stun DR.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

LD_Little_Dragon
01.24.2019 , 10:12 AM | #9
Stun locks would be less of a problem if people in regs remembered they were in a team sport and that the big numbers on the board are largely meaningless.

I've had reg arena pops where the 'tank' ends up with zero protection stats. They don't even toss out a taunt, let alone a guard. Then they get all mouthy about how great they are to be the last man standing. This is when they aren't mezzed/stunned or being tunnelled, they're just not tanking.

You want to skank tank it fine- but even if you're afraid to throw out a guard then use your taunts. At least act like a dps with taunt if you don't want to act like a real tank.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Zurules
01.24.2019 , 10:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Thatís not really fair description of the stun problems in this game. Unless you are in a premade you have little hope of any tank putting guard on you when you are stun locked. There really is no such thing as a ďteamĒ anymore because everyone is too busy farming dps. Itís everyone for themselves, even the tanks are too busy farming dps to play right.

Those left who are team players like us are few and far between.

There has been way too much ďstunĒ creep introduced over the years and way too many speed and immunities added to try and counter them. My opinion is there are way too many of each and they should all be dialed back abit.

I do agree there is way too much learn to play in this game now. Hardly anyone knows what a DCD is and when to use it. I blame BioWare dumbing down the whole game down because you donít need DCDs anymore outside of pvp or Master Mode pve. So people come into pvp and have no clue what 69% of their abilities are. Iíve come across people who didnít even have DCDs in their task bar
Being in a premade or not has nothing to do with whether you will get a guard or not. I queue almost all the time alone as a infiltration shadow and even I put guard on people at times when I feel the situation needs it. This is a player decision issue not a game design issue. Stun locks I feel the same way, the game design is fine to me, the problem is with how as a player I decide I will deal with these situations when they occur. After any change in the game, like new abilities after an expansion, my first thought is always what can I do to beat it. I get the feeling most peoples first thought is that its too op and nerf it. people just like to complain instead of putting a bit of effort most of the time. The best example of this is after they buffed the merc/commandos. They receive some amazing dcds which they needed, but they were not op, not to me. they were very strong but people could deal with it. My favorite was how people hated the fact the got the reflect with heals and people were saying its another heal to full ability when it is absolutely not. It only reflect single target attacks, so the solution is super simple, use aoe attacks if you want to continue to damage them while they have that ability up.

The game design in this game in regards to pvp it great to me, and sure you might say that there is too much cc and that lately it seems like everyone is getting similar abilities which I do agree I didn't like at first as I always enjoyed the uniqueness of the different classes so there is less of a feeling that this class counters x and x counters y..... the only class that has always been viewed as a must have in ranked (team ranked) has been a sniper/gunslinger. Because of entrench (immunity to cc while in cover) this class cannot be controlled you cant control them and the only class that counters then is another sniper/gunslinger just because of one ability (diversion which knocks them out of cover). for me Snipers is somewhat the only part of the game design that I feel the sense of Op because no one else can counter them besides themselves.

The problem in this game in regards to pvp has always been the player base and their attitudes. I personally have always thrived to be the best that I can to win as much as I can whether it is a wz and is objective based or arenas that are player killing based. Ranked is supposed to be where the most experienced pvpers and better players should play (in theory). Some people might be extremely good and just not as competitive as others so they stick to regs and enjoy doing that (which is totally cool). I do not agree with bioware that ranked should be available to all levels of player skill in regards to pvp. Ranked should be for the more competitive and higher skilled players. I feel the true problem in ranked pvp tho involves certain types of players.however, I feel bioware has been forced to go in that direction (open to everyone) to try and keep the population of ranked alive (if you can even call it that). I feel that bioware should of put more focus on taking action on players who use cheats (actual hacks), purposely do not try to win (like afking), those who try to make others on the other team win (wintrading) and those who try and make specific players lose on purpose ( this is the one that I have had to deal with the most since season 2 of ranked arenas). It makes me sad to see a lot of actually decent players resort to some of these tactics to win and to achieve their goal of the top 3 rewards when some of them could probably get them without any of those behaviors. When these types of player behavior happens in ranked, it makes all of us who actually care about competition not want to play anymore. Bioware needed to investigate all the possible accusations of these behaviors and take action extremely fast on them if they ever truly wanted to keep most of us playing this game for its competition. But that time seems to have long passed. Its their inaction that has caused most people to leave as well as the lack of changes to balance to keep things more fun for everyone because having the same meta for years long gets boring fast for most people.

So again, the main problem to me is rooted in the player base and the lack of discipline on those types of players who's fun seems to be to ruin others, not the actual game design.

Apologies for going a bit off track of the main topic.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow