Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception shadow hits? Using Bolster stats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deception shadow hits? Using Bolster stats

Totemdancer
01.23.2019 , 04:22 AM | #1
Anyone know what the biggest hits I should expect to deal using Bolster? The most Iíve been able to crit is 23k in a match and canít crack 17k at the training dummy. Not sure if itís me or the gear.

fabsus
01.23.2019 , 05:16 AM | #2
i didn't checked it out. but if you want to test it out with bolster, you can go to your rishi stronghold with a friend. there is a terminal bolster you.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

Totemdancer
01.23.2019 , 10:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by fabsus View Post
i didn't checked it out. but if you want to test it out with bolster, you can go to your rishi stronghold with a friend. there is a terminal bolster you.
Yeah, I was using the fleet Bolster with the war zone dummy. I did end up once with a 19k after doing it for an hour.
Hits in the matches are maxing around 20-24k.

My stats are
Dmg 4773
42% crit
70% crit
15.42% Alacrity
103% accuracy (none equipped)

I dont know wether I should remove the alacrity Augments (down to 7.15%) and stack more crit and power.

Banderal
01.24.2019 , 11:09 AM | #4
Ok, I've just been playing around with this for comparison. Using my "248 geared" inflitration shadow (i.e. deception sin ). I have all 248 gear, with a single 252 relic. I have all 236 versatile augs (i.e. mastery).

Bolstered Stats (I'm not sure what you meant by "dmg" stat - so I'm listing them all.)
dmg: 4341-5063
crit: 45.94%
multi: 72.39%
acc: 101.72%
alac: 5.4%
force dmg: 4059.7

Shadow strike (back stab) seems to be my biggest hit. I think the build up to get the best from it is to do some direct attack, triggering "infiltration tactics", which causes the next SS to do 20% more dmg. Also "Potent Shadows", which is your crit booster and also increases SS damage by 30% it says.

With all that in mind, also... and this has always confused me a bit. Potent Shadows says "increases your force critical chance of direct attacks and heals by 60%", also that it burns a charge each time that happens. I watched while attacking the dummy, and the SS NEVER takes away a charge. I don't know what the heck the "force critical chance" is, vs just the normal non-force critical chance. But if stabbing someone in the back (or front, stupid nerf) is not a direct attack, I don't know what is.

Pyscho-kentic-blast DOES eat up a charge of Potent Shadows. It's a ranged attack with the force that does kinetic damage. Force Breach also appears to use one up, and it does internal damage with "Breaching Shadows". Breaching Shadows doesn't actually say it's a "force attack", but I guess since "Force Breach" has "Force" in the name... whatever.

Ok, so it turns out I cannot guarantee a crit with Shadow Strike... but that still seems to be my biggest single hit if it crits.

I attacked the training dummy for maybe 10 minutes or so. Here's what I got:
TLDR; biggest hit was 20K. I got a couple other 18 or 19K. The usual "big hit" was about 15K.

Shadow Strike Hits:
Spoiler

Other "big" hits:
Force Breach : 13908 max
Vaulting Slash: 13308 max
Psychokinetic Blast: 9660 max (note that I think the "big" hits of this actually come in 2 or 3 phases, so I'm not sure a single hit registers as the full damage).

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Seterade
01.24.2019 , 11:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Yeah, I was using the fleet Bolster with the war zone dummy. I did end up once with a 19k after doing it for an hour.
Hits in the matches are maxing around 20-24k.

My stats are
Dmg 4773
42% crit
70% crit
15.42% Alacrity
103% accuracy (none equipped)

I dont know wether I should remove the alacrity Augments (down to 7.15%) and stack more crit and power.
dont use wz dummy. they never removed the expertise requirment from it. your damage will never be correct

my 251 rating sin hits enemys without bolster for 23k ish
I have strong, forward mannerism because I have learned in my life rarely does mincing words and kitty footing around the elephant in the room get better results than clearing the air and a face to face real talk.

Banderal
01.24.2019 , 11:48 AM | #6
In match hits:

I just did a Quesh HB. We had the ball most of the time, and I'm an objective-player, so I was mostly concentrated on getting ahead for a pass or Cc the enemy away from our ball carrier. But I got a few attacks in when they had the ball. Here are the "big hits" I got - I was mostly trying to use SS so there's not much else to pick from for other attacks. I'm not sure that Pyscho Blast even had a crit-hit at all...

SS: 23825, 22059, 24408, 26793
Force Breach: 16171
psycho Blast: 12691

Banderal
01.24.2019 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
dont use wz dummy. they never removed the expertise requirment from it. your damage will never be correct
Oh! That might explain the "Less than reported minimum possible" hits I was seeing on the dummy. Thanks!

Totemdancer
01.24.2019 , 09:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
dmg: 4341-5063
crit: 45.94%
multi: 72.39%
acc: 101.72%
alac: 5.4%
force dmg: 4059.7

I attacked the training dummy for maybe 10 minutes or so. Here's what I got:
TLDR; biggest hit was 20K. I got a couple other 18 or 19K. The usual "big hit" was about 15K.

Other "big" hits:
Force Breach : 13908 max
Vaulting Slash: 13308 max
Psychokinetic Blast: 9660 max (note that I think the "big" hits of this actually come in 2 or 3 phases, so I'm not sure a single hit registers as the full damage).
Thatís pretty much what Iím seeing too. They are mostly 14-15k. I did do one 20k hit, but thatís the only one and that was from Maul.

Iím wondering if it would be better to rip out my alacrity Augments down to 7.15% and adding a tiny bit more crit and stacking power or master for the rest.

Totemdancer
01.24.2019 , 09:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

my 251 rating sin hits enemys without bolster for 23k ish
So which one then?

Seterade
01.24.2019 , 10:08 PM | #10
use op dummy with armor reduction and 1.5m hp

you'll need 110% accuracy get an accurate parse, but your just going for crit damages so you can just hit it till you get the data you want

before you ask about the damage reduction, basicaly it iflicts the dummy with all the general armor debuffs a target obtains in multiplayer combat. I didnt get it at first but I do understand now that even if my sniper cant inflict tech dmg debuff my target in pvp will most likely have it
I have strong, forward mannerism because I have learned in my life rarely does mincing words and kitty footing around the elephant in the room get better results than clearing the air and a face to face real talk.