Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove reg matchmaking or remove premades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove reg matchmaking or remove premades

TrixxieTriss
01.17.2019 , 09:25 PM | #1
This is situation is getting ridiculous the lower the population drops. Premades are all well and good when you have enough people that can play, but not with a low population.

The matchmaking puts full pug teams against premades. Then only puts 2 good players and 6 low skilled players on the pug side and the premade has 4 good players that can carry 4 less skilled players.

Whatís really pissing me off today is there are 4 premades in the queue and they arenít getting matched against each other. Only against full pug team. 2 of them are from the same guild.

At least without the match making we had a chance to get enough good players on a pug team to compete against premades. But when the matchmaking spreads out all the good pug players so there are 2 per team to carry 6 people, usually against a premade, itís a *********** stupid system.

Either :

Fix the matchmaking
Remove the matchmaking
Remove or limit premade sizes
Or Only match premades vs premades

I donít care which, but pvp is not fun under these circumstances. Iím sure Iím not the only pug who feels this way.

KendraP
01.17.2019 , 09:46 PM | #2
Are there really that many premades left? I mean, i ran one of the more notorious premading guilds until BW killed off my guild with their stupid decisions.

TrixxieTriss
01.17.2019 , 10:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Are there really that many premades left? I mean, i ran one of the more notorious premading guilds until BW killed off my guild with their stupid decisions.
There are enough in the queue to make it painful. Even if they are the same ones every match. I even tried to requeue to break the rotation together and I get the other premades.

Iíve left 7 matches so far to try and break the queue rotation with them. Doesnít work when there arenít enough people in the queue. So it puts one premade per match against full pugs. How about putting the 4 premades against each other or put one on each team.

I have good days and bad days depending on how many are in the queue. Today is a terrible day and it makes me want to never pvp in this game again. 16 losses straight so far and 2 matches not against a premade. Itís also killing the queue numbers. Iíve had other people saying in matches they are going to stop queuing till the premades **** off.

I didnít use to have an issue with premades or I didnít before this abortive matchmaking that doesnít *********** work.
At least before you could get good pug teams and find some players you can premade with yourself if there are guild premades about. But how do you find them when there are only ever a maximum of 2 on your team who have a clue and want to win.

Iíve been saying from day one when the matchmaking was added that it was broken and got told it wasnít. I predicted this is where it would end up and I was right.
Itís no wonder more and more people stop playing pvp on a daily basis and hence the game. Itís just another of the multitude of pvp **** ups Bioware have made since 5.0 that have driven pvpers from the game.
Half the time I canít even be bothered queueing. I get on, craft, list and log off again. Thatís if I can be bothered logging in at all.

TrixxieTriss
01.17.2019 , 10:35 PM | #4
Itís basically killed the queue. Now Iím waiting 10-20mins a pop on SF. I can only imagine how bad it is on SS.

At least remove premades in 4v4 pugs. Common. The queue has died to the 4v4 pop stage and itís still pugs vs premades. THAT IS WHY THE QUEUE DIES.

KendraP
01.18.2019 , 04:17 AM | #5
You do realize that, assuming you are waiting that long for matches, seperating out premades makes it worse, right?

If there are only enough people in the queue to make a match involving the premade, taking it out means you have to wait even longer (or get the constant stream of arenas).

What you seem to be experiencing is a population issue.

bladech
01.18.2019 , 05:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is situation is getting ridiculous the lower the population drops. Premades are all well and good when you have enough people that can play, but not with a low population.

The matchmaking puts full pug teams against premades. Then only puts 2 good players and 6 low skilled players on the pug side and the premade has 4 good players that can carry 4 less skilled players.

Whatís really pissing me off today is there are 4 premades in the queue and they arenít getting matched against each other. Only against full pug team. 2 of them are from the same guild.

At least without the match making we had a chance to get enough good players on a pug team to compete against premades. But when the matchmaking spreads out all the good pug players so there are 2 per team to carry 6 people, usually against a premade, itís a *********** stupid system.

Either :

Fix the matchmaking
Remove the matchmaking

I donít care which, but pvp is not fun under these circumstances. Iím sure Iím not the only pug who feels this way.
Haha i was waiting when people will finally notice where the problem is. I noticed it from the very begining: if a full premade group is queueing, pug players with high "hidden elo" will ALWAYS be puted against premade because matchmaking puts high elo premade against 1-2 high elo players. As a result premades always winning and skilled players with high elo always loosing because premades can indeed carry other part of their group while 1-2 high elo players can't carry a group of 6-7 players.

The whole system of current matchmaking and cross faction warzones DESTROYED regs both in lore and fair games. As OP said, at least in the past skilled players had a 50% chance to get in one group with a premade

KendraP
01.18.2019 , 05:29 AM | #7
Someone needs to explain to me how getting rid of up to 25% of the potential queue is going to help queue times. Removing more players from the game in order to improve queue times? I hope you all realize that further hindering player choice is not going to attract more players.

JargoFett
01.18.2019 , 10:11 AM | #8

Either :

Fix the matchmaking
Remove the matchmaking

Why do you care? You just said yesterday that you were done with this game and were quitting?!?!?!

But seriously, there's been a thread discussing pugs vs premades since the game released almost 8 years ago. If they were going to do something about all of it than they would have by now. Even if they did something now, the game PvP population has dwindled to the point where removing premade groups would all but kill off any decent queue times.
Alt-tŠbbed
The Harbinger
<A Beautiful Death>

DavidAtkinson
01.18.2019 , 11:06 AM | #9
Itís basically killed the queue. Now Iím waiting 10-20mins a pop on SF. I can only imagine how bad it is on SS.

At least remove premades in 4v4 pugs. Common. The queue has died to the 4v4 pop stage and itís still pugs vs premades. THAT IS WHY THE QUEUE DIES.
1. You either play on dead servers

2. You long in in the wrong times and that's why your que is dead...

I keep reading this population getting lower things from you and not sure if you serious.... In Europe the level 70 que is full of people and pops are quite frequent.

LD_Little_Dragon
01.18.2019 , 12:15 PM | #10
The matchmaking system should be tweaked to put pre-mades agains other pre-mades. That way no one has to change the way they play.

I que solo heals often, and the problems with the current system are obvious. I end up back-filling more often than not, and a solo-healer is not a match for a healer in a pre-made. You rarely get guards or peels if you solo-que.

(I could find friends, yes, but I rarely serial-que since I need a break if it's a long warzone. How many people want to team up for 1, maybe 2 warzones at the most?)

Don't get rid of pre-mades, but try to pair pre-mades against other pre-mades. That would help a lot with balancing fights.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.