Quick help for mara/sent in PvP (Predation/Transcendence)

StrikePrice

Predation/Transcendence should be changed by default to be on a 30 second cooldown, have 80% movement bonus and cleanse movement impairing effects (or at least combine these into one utility to save one and add something like a reflect).

Right now, it wastes two utility points just to be useful in PvP. Given the out of control nature of ranged dps and slows in the game, this would bring Mara/Sent into a much more reasonable place in PvP by giving back those two utility points to help elsewhere.

Edited by StrikePrice

I approve. I definitely can say that would fill the gaps. This also requires the re-work of the utilities and depending on if Bioware team would be able re-create that utility in its spot, this would be a great addition. I can imagine this to be an exciting change for the class since it is just all dmg.

If there isn't any good changes for Combat / Carnage on more mobility options or stun immunties I would be perfectly ok with this as a overall class buff.

This is the best post I have seen for the idea of buffing the sentinel's mobility options. My other idea was for a developer team to re-create or add some game changing tacticals in the game for them but this post is money.

Edited by A-Hero-Falls

• 3 weeks later...

The problem right now is 2 specs (Anni/Carnage) need cc immunity but Fury dosn't need any more or it will really get out of hand.

Anni/Carnage need some type of pre-nerf ruthless aggressor utility or build in to their kit that gives the same immunity as fury.

RA was only overpowered on Fury; It made Anni/Carnage into a viable option even good option for pvp. The biggest problem is if you change things for all three specs Fury will get stronger. It needs to be a focused change at Anni/Carnage.

The problem right now is 2 specs (Anni/Carnage) need cc immunity but Fury dosn't need any more or it will really get out of hand.

Anni/Carnage need some type of pre-nerf ruthless aggressor utility or build in to their kit that gives the same immunity as fury.

RA was only overpowered on Fury; It made Anni/Carnage into a viable option even good option for pvp. The biggest problem is if you change things for all three specs Fury will get stronger. It needs to be a focused change at Anni/Carnage.

Good point. So, they could remove the utility that makes it castable every 30 seconds and just make that permanent and leave the utility that gives cc immunity. That way, at least there would be one more free utility point for all the specs.

Edited by StrikePrice

Good point. So, they could remove the utility that makes it castable every 30 seconds and just make that permanent and leave the utility that gives cc immunity. That way, at least there would be one more free utility point for all the specs.

Yeah that would be one way of solving the problem. Ranged DPS just have such and advantage in pvp right now. I would say this is the worst spot that mara dps has been in a while pvp wise outside of Fury but even that isn't really top tier.

Edited by TmoneyTime

Yeah that would be one way of solving the problem. Ranged DPS just have such and advantage in pvp right now. I would say this is the worst spot that mara dps has been in a while pvp wise outside of Fury but even that isn't really top tier.

A lot of those issues could be solved by making Force Cloak break combat. But I don't like to see mara/sent turned into a low rent sin/shadow. It's not really in keeping with the nature of the class.