Transfer to merge legacy - does it work ok?

CrazyMcGee

So, I would like to do some open world pvp (and get the achievements). My plan is to transfer a character to the Bastion, get my PVP on and then eventually transfer my toon back.

My understanding is that my legacy and achievements should all merge together into one beautiful working legacy. BUT, has anyone actually tried merging legacies through transfers and did it in fact work beautifully or did it screw everything up? Did you keep all your achievements? Did you get granted the new ones without messing up the old ones?

I am a bit nervous because my first transfers (transferring entire legacy) screwed up my achievements completely before BW fixed it and now server consolidation has created two simultaneous slightly different versions of my legacy (not kidding). So transfers kind of mean pain and suffering to me. But maybe it has worked smoothly for others?

Second question: Is the Bastion how I am imagining it? I have never been on a PVP server. Is it basically as if everyone is flagged the whole time? So I could just wander over to Tatooine and I'd be able to kill everyone of the opposite faction whenever I like?