Yet another thread about how bad Warriors are.

Haptic

Hello there,

I'm currently a Level 17 Sith Juggernaut, specializing in the Immortal Tree, and am having trouble with mobs that I feel I shouldn't be. Specifically, I just fought a pair of Level 14 Gold Elite mobs in Dromund Kaas, and could not best them. This is just a specific example, but I'm having problems with Elites in general.

Both myself and Vette are geared out with orange weapons and a mix of blue/purple/orange armor. Is it strange for me to think that I should be able to take down a pair of 14 Gold Elites without problems? I even used all of my cooldowns (Saber Ward, Call on the Force, and a health pack), but just had no luck. Something seems wrong to me here.

Am I not supposed to be able to solo Elites below my own level? Am I just bad at the game? Help!

I leveled a Powertech for a bit before creating my Juggernaut, and had no problems handling Gold Elites of equal level to myself. I didn't even have Mako very well geared. Now, with both my Juggernaut AND Vette geared in blues/purples/oranges, fighting Gold Elites multiple levels under my own, I'm having a lot of trouble. I see this as a problem.

Edit: Also, the pair of Gold Elites was just an example, like I said. I'm also having trouble with more common groups on class quests, such as Elite + 1-2 Strong.

Edited by Haptic

It gets better later on. I can solo a champ and 2 elites no problem @ level 39. keep your gear decently leveled, keep Quinn decked out in decent gear, eat your Hutt food... win.

I pull 2 or 3 packs of mobs on purpose, just to make it exciting. You are almost invincible past the early 20's.

2 elites at the same time!? Are other classes able to do that? 2 strongs at the same time is a tough fight for me.... I'm a marauder, so obviosly no help to your question, but still wonder if other classes can take 2 elites at the same time

My sorc could easily defeat 2 elites at the same time....just whirlwind one, kill the other, then kill the whirlwinded one.

A warrior though? Don't see how they'd ever be able to do that.

It gets better later on. I can solo a champ and 2 elites no problem @ level 39. keep your gear decently leveled, keep Quinn decked out in decent gear, eat your Hutt food... win.

I pull 2 or 3 packs of mobs on purpose, just to make it exciting. You are almost invincible past the early 20's.

This is providing that Quinns heals do not bug out. :D

A slight issue I have had repeatedly with him, he sometimes just stands there and watches me get my rear kicked.

AOE threat is a serious issue. I don't think you will ever be able to take on two elites at or near the same level as you cannot CC. Two strongs can be a tough fight, but I can manage it with a healer companion. Leveling your character by being overleveled for the content until you get your healer helps a lot. I kept myself overleveled and used a dps companion instead. I found it more fun and only brought out the healer once I failed a couple of times in a tough fight.

Am I not supposed to be able to solo Elites below my own level? Am I just bad at the game? Help!

You are outright just bad, seeing how mobs lower level then you deal far less damage and have a much greater chance to miss with their attacks.

I take back what I said, seeing the title and how you can't kill two mobs lower level then you...your just a troll.

Well played but no cigar for you.

You are outright just bad, seeing how mobs lower level then you deal far less damage and have a much greater chance to miss with their attacks.

I take back what I said, seeing the title and how you can't kill two mobs lower level then you...your just a troll.

Well played but no cigar for you.

That's a bit harsh, but there's some truth to it. You are either geared poorly, your rotation is bad, or likely a bit of both. Immortal Jugg is pretty smooth soloing with, rarely should you be challenged. And it gets better as you get past 30. You should be able to take elites down 2-3 levels higher than you with little down time.

Edited by RasputinTS

Immortal jugs dont have enough damage and cc to fight two elites at that level consistently with vette and no heals, at higher levels you get the CD's you can do it. But why would you even want too? Your not an unstoppable force, just a tough one. Also success with jug is gear dependent as well, keep good and updated gear and see your self not having issues. I remember soloing heroics, and fighting +4 elites and winning, so imo jugs are fine in pve. And actually now that i think about it, i beat a +5 elite with vette, i couldnt even hit the mob, i sat back a taunt botted while vette did all the work, that was like lvl 21 fighting lvl 25-26 elites doing class missions. At 40 i beat a certain lvl 44 elite sith near my ship with no pet, those that done that fight know what im referring too, dont want to spoil anything. But meh...

This thread is full of lols. Champ mob + 2 elites?

I'm also having trouble with more common groups on class quests, such as Elite + 1-2 Strong.

This isn't a common group. You are almost never going to see an elite + 2 strongs on a class quest.

Edited by Sayc

I am a level 50 Jugg and can't say I experienced the same issue as you OP. I had no problem taking out Elites my level, or even a level or two above. I know that two elites my level or higher wasn't going to happen, and it shouldn't.

I would check which skills you have taken and in which tree, as well as your spell order. That or you are highly under geared for your level.

AOE threat is a serious issue. I don't think you will ever be able to take on two elites at or near the same level as you cannot CC. Two strongs can be a tough fight, but I can manage it with a healer companion. Leveling your character by being overleveled for the content until you get your healer helps a lot. I kept myself overleveled and used a dps companion instead. I found it more fun and only brought out the healer once I failed a couple of times in a tough fight.

^ this.

I wrote something similar in another thread. from level 10 (or when you get to the Fleet) to about level 25, just stay 4-5 levels higher than the content. You can do a few space missions, a few rounds of PvP and get a level or two a day. and then quest. you'll get next to zero XP FROM questing but you'll get it down and out of the way with far less grief.

by level 25 you'll get a 2nd companion that heals (except when he bugs out) and you'll have a few more barriers/aoe attacks and so maybe tackle same-level content.

so yeah, it's not exactly fair that other classes can do level-appropriate content, but like I said, it's not *that* hard to level at those lower levels. then you'll catch up and have fun doing it.

at that level you barely have any tanking abilities let alone the shields you get from talents. 42 jugg with my healing companion. You'll have no problem when you level a bit.

Still cracks me up when people arent capped and think the class is broken. You're 17 you got a lot ahead of you buddy. All classes at different points in leveling are op/up depending on ac/level. Its pretty much a dance between op/up until cap. Which is where balance matters.

While some of you may think it is, this is not a troll thread.

So, since the consensus seems to be that I am bad, can I get some help with my rotation? What should it look like in the early levels?

Here is my current talent build: 8/0/0. Plan on going into Lash Out and then Invincible next.

My gear is full blues + Vengeful Lightsaber from Black Talon, with an orange quest chest-piece and a purple crafted belt. Vette has the orange chest-piece from BT, as well as dual orange pistols from Dromund Kaas commendations. The rest of her gear is a mixture of green/blue quest pieces. For this reason, I don't think my gear is the problem.

My current rotation generally begins with Vette leading the attack, then I Force Charge in and use Sunder, Vicious Slash, and Force Scream/Smash on CD, with Assaults whenever I have a free GCD. If I don't gain aggro from Vette just from my rotation, I Taunt them off of her when she is low on health.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Haptic

My sorc could easily defeat 2 elites at the same time....just whirlwind one, kill the other, then kill the whirlwinded one.

A warrior though? Don't see how they'd ever be able to do that.

can if one of the two is a droid :D

Edited by Enosh_

While some of you may think it is, this is not a troll thread.

So, since the consensus seems to be that I am bad, can I get some help with my rotation? What should it look like in the early levels?

Here is my current talent build: 8/0/0. Plan on going into Lash Out and then Invincible next.

My gear is full blues + Vengeful Lightsaber from Black Talon, with an orange quest chest-piece and a purple crafted belt. Vette has the orange chest-piece from BT, as well as dual orange pistols from Dromund Kaas commendations. The rest of her gear is a mixture of green/blue quest pieces. For this reason, I don't think my gear is the problem.

My current rotation generally begins with Vette leading the attack, then I Force Charge in and use Sunder, Vicious Slash, and Force Scream/Smash on CD, with Assaults whenever I have a free GCD. If I don't gain aggro from Vette just from my rotation, I Taunt them off of her when she is low on health.

So, what am I doing wrong?

The problem with low level Juggs is your damage output.

If you're going up the Immortal tree, then you need Vette doing as much dps as possible. Period.

Either head to the GTN and gear her out fully with purples and/or Oranges with the correct stat gear,OR respec to Vengeance tree for more Jugg dps.

You are too low level to have your tank skills yet as you get them later on,then you're more "tanky" so going Immortal this early isn't worth it if you're flying solo.

I leveled Vengeance on par with my class quest for lvl. I used Vette up until I got Quinn.

Tips:

1.) Gear your companion through quest rewards. This is more important than you might think

2.) Kill the easier mobs in a pull first, before the silvers/gold.

3.) Do not pull more than you can chew. We have no CC.

4.) Use savage kick and pommel strike to kill weaker mobs faster. (This will apply to you later in leveling)

5.) If you level immortal, use Vette for DPS.

6.) Use consumables if you are having a tough time.

7.) This game is not WoW faceroll easy (thank the gods!)

Bottom line: Leveling as a jugg is not that hard. Granted, it takes more skill, gear and coordination right now than other classes do to level.

EDIT: Stick with one/two companions the entire time (Vette if Immortal, Quinn if DPS). Do not spread out gear from rewards to other companions. This will ensure your companion is able to handle the newer content with you

Edited by namespace

2 elites at the same time!? Are other classes able to do that? 2 strongs at the same time is a tough fight for me.... I'm a marauder, so obviosly no help to your question, but still wonder if other classes can take 2 elites at the same time

Healing classes can do it. Maybe a tank with a heals companion could as well. I don't think any dps class could though, unless the elites was not immune to cc, then Sorcerers could do it easily.

A. Unless you fully understand what you're doing and can think out of the box, you are not going to solo 2 Elites at that lvl (even if you were, you'd have a hard time).

B. You have better gear then I had, but I was not having problems soloing. (Immortal).

C. To start, move 5 points into Veng tree, the one for smash and assault. Put 1 point into Battle Cry in the Immortal tree the other 4 points into the other 2 skills.

D. You have the right idea sending Vette in 1st, continue thinking along those lines.

E. End > Str for lvling. You have companions for dps.

Edited by Chat

What annoys me a little reading these comments are the following:

"Level 17, stopped reading, or you're only level 17"....

The problem with those comments is the following>

You go to planets and fight enemies according to LEVEL...

IE, Balmorra 16-20, meaning it shouldn't be a super challenge or a chore, since the balance and yes LACK of abilities shouldn't matter one iota.

IF it does then it is simply poor game design.

Now I understand that this person might have charged into some Heroic 2+ area and aggroed mobs that he/she shouldn't or would have a REALLY hard time to beat.

But if it is just "general" world questing and class area then there is a problem.

A BH can faceroll same areas etc.

I am personally a level 17 or 18/19 Jugg and I don't have too much problem.

I did come across some champions that seem very hard to beat, I basically die with them having some 5-10% health left.

I have also been over leveled at times.

It is really up and down in my opinion, when just slightly over leveled you can easily crush enemies then at other times it feels like you're weak and take too much damage.

I did notice that even though I'm going up Vengeance (haven't got Shiien stance yet) that using Soresu is very good for survive-ability since my damage mitigation is 10% higher using it and armor shoots up a lot.

I personally haven't had any real issues, other than the Vette doesn't react in a fight at times and just stand there AI behaviour..

It's just tedious with all the mobs at every single corner, I hate pulling aggro when just wanting to move on.

It makes it feel like 1 step forward 2 steps back kind of thing.