Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cherepk
08.05.2019 , 09:50 AM | #41
I agree with roll nerf the way its done is bad thing. Maybe leave second roll but remove any damage absorption from a second one ?
Operatives are quite squishy, roll is main ability where i can kite people and get to people. So if roll is nerfed the way it is, then we need more damage.

Bioware please listen to Snave, he's actually pretty god on operative and know what he is saying when ti comes to operatives.

P.S. I don't get how snipers get 4 rolls and teleport....... and they are on pair with mara/mercs whent it come to the performance in PVP, and now they get all of that and operatives roll is nerfed...... Doesn't make any sense.
Sniper litterly will be GOD even more broken then pre-nerf mercs.

snave
08.05.2019 , 11:31 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
Oh, simple really.
I'm sooo very tired of Operatives having to spend GCDs on defensive abilities. Nerfing roll creates an opening for operatives to gain oGCD defensive abilities that are not omniboost.

Game-mode wise we're fine.
Reality wise too much of our defensive capabilities have been shuffled onto roll for too many years now. I'd like to receive some of the stupidly absurd abilities some of the other classes have been receiving over the past years. i.e. Responsive Safeguards... etc.
That's actually pretty reasonable. Only problem is we aren't getting any new dcds other than the stim boost reset which will not let us stand and dps like other classes.

Operatives are actually well balanced in pvp and I'm not eager to have them as the next fotm, I just want everyone to realise just how massive a nerf this is to operatives. Its especially harsh when we don't get more damage or a suitable dcd replacement, we literally just half the rolls and likely double the deaths 😂

Iymurra
08.05.2019 , 11:45 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
we literally just half the rolls and likely double the deaths 😂
But if thats the price we need to pay to shift to a non-gcd-defensive playstyle, thats a price I'm willing to pay. Even if the payoff comes half a year or more down the line.

snave
08.05.2019 , 12:10 PM | #44
But if thats the price we need to pay to shift to a non-gcd-defensive playstyle, thats a price I'm willing to pay. Even if the payoff comes half a year or more down the line.
Maybe this might blow your mind, but it's possible to make the changes you want AND not ruin the class until it's fixed.

Simply change the roll system back to how it was, or keep the new system and reduce the CD to 6 seconds. Then when you have a working solution to the roll problem, change it back to the PTS version.

Mind explosion.

Iymurra
08.05.2019 , 12:25 PM | #45
Maybe this might blow your mind, but it's possible to make the changes you want AND not ruin the class until it's fixed.

Simply change the roll system back to how it was, or keep the new system and reduce the CD to 6 seconds. Then when you have a working solution to the roll problem, change it back to the PTS version.

Mind explosion.
If the devs are willing to make that change, I'd love it.
I just have extremely low faith in anything good being done to our beloved class at this point. Pessimism has won out over the years.

Mubrak
08.05.2019 , 12:47 PM | #46
Operatives are actually well balanced in pvp and I'm not eager to have them as the next fotm, I just want everyone to realise just how massive a nerf this is to operatives. Its especially harsh when we don't get more damage or a suitable dcd replacement, we literally just half the rolls and likely double the deaths 😂
Are "operatives" actually well balanced, tho? The nerf mainly hits concealment, because it doubles the cooldown of a dcd medicine and lethality don't even have. Sure, all disciplines lose mobility, but what everyone is raging about is the annoying operatives rolling around ignoring all damage. A nerf to concealment's roll dcd may open the way for a defense buff that is not as irritating and benefits all disciplines (looking at you, shield probe, you used to be, well... not quite as useless).

Mind explosion.
True.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

snave
08.05.2019 , 02:00 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Are "operatives" actually well balanced, tho? The nerf mainly hits concealment, because it doubles the cooldown of a dcd medicine and lethality don't even have. Sure, all disciplines lose mobility, but what everyone is raging about is the annoying operatives rolling around ignoring all damage. A nerf to concealment's roll dcd may open the way for a defense buff that is not as irritating and benefits all disciplines (looking at you, shield probe, you used to be, well... not quite as useless).

True.
So first off, and I'm going to type this in caps so people actually understand it. WE ARE NOT GETTING A DEFENSIVE BUFF. RESET ON STIM BOOST IS NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH.

Lethality operatives will die faster than concealment with one roll. They will not be able to escape.

I have no idea what class or specs you are all playing or at what level, but this nerf is on par with the 1.2 nerf for operatives and it's honestly insane how many people who think roll is overpowered because they're stupid are chiming in.

WE ARE NOT GETTING A DEFENSIVE BUFF.

Iymurra
08.05.2019 , 02:09 PM | #48
But Snave, I want a defensive buff.
Can I have one?

snave
08.05.2019 , 02:11 PM | #49
But Snave, I want a defensive buff.
Can I have one?
No. No, you cannot.

Iymurra
08.05.2019 , 02:50 PM | #50
I'm sad.

Returning to Operative feedback though: Set Bonuses.
Debilitator is good for PvP, does not impact PvE content... like... at all. We'll sacrifice this one to the PvP gods and move on.
Healing Haze is apparently equitable healing to Kolto Waves for healers, will not impact Operative DPS. Healers get a cool toy.
Tactician is... nice to have the 1% back for keeping at least one stack of TA. Gives a little more leeway on burst windows, smooths rotations out a bit if you screw something up. Does not otherwise significantly impact DPS. It's... okay? Kinda fun sometimes? But not something which is going to see significant use.
The AoE one is good for AoE. As it is supposed to be.

Set Bonii wise, nothing class specific impacts our DPS as much as using the Berserker set. Is this intended? Where are the good old: "reduce energy cost of Shiv by 5" type of bonii which increases sustained damage by allowing for higher damage/higher cost abilities to be used rotationally or semi-rotationally?
Or just the flat out: "Your class is amazing, feel awesome and do more damage" type of set bonuses?

Currently we can only mix and match the 2 piece with another 4 piece. Or have a 6 piece. And currently no set bonus makes switching from Berserker for a class specific set worthwhile.

I think that should change, personally.