Can Zenith be romanced?

Xezkaiel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he really isn't. He's a tortured soul with the outward exterior of a sociopath. Certainly pitiable, but interesting no. Iresso has overcome adversity, trauma, and grave disappointment with nary a complaint.

It's like the difference between Batman and Superman. Sure Batman has the dark bad-boy thing going, but when you peel it all back, he's a psycho. So it is with Zenith.

[obligatory]The above represents the sole opinion of Master-Nala and is not to be construed as an assertion of fact.[/obligatory]

As a chick, I find the whole tortured soul with a hidden heart of gold (IN FICTION) to be one of my favorite tropes. This is something many chicks would never even consider IRL. Seriously, go to TV Tropes or Fanfiction and you'll find that many of the most popular characters with females are... the bad boys.

Because it's fiction.

/opinion

Edited by Nyctanessa

It's interesting, that despite how he comes across as a 'bad boy', Zenith is second only to Nadia in regards to easy it was to get affection gains for my 100% light side choices. He gives affection gains for loyalty to a cause and helping people in need (especially military personnel) and punishing/reporting traitors. The only times I ever lost affection with him were for the same things that I lost affection with Qyzen for--he really hates it if you let a powerful enemy survive because he believes it will come back to bite you in the butt later.

As a chick, I find the whole tortured soul with a hidden heart of gold (IN FICTION) to be one of my favorite tropes. This is something many chicks would never even consider IRL. Seriously, go to TV Tropes or Fanfiction and you'll find that many of the most popular characters with females are... the bad boys.

Because it's fiction.

/opinion

So. Damn. True.

We get our badboy kick in fiction, so we don't get kicked by the badboys RL :)

Like all of you, I've been dreaming of having Zenith as a romancable companion aswell.

Sad cruel reality, it's not possible ,__, but I found a way to "dream with open eyes" about it!

On my Scoundrel I managed to kiss a Twi'lek guy on Balmorra, Numen Brock, who looks almost like Zenith -different voice, different eyes color. But the face and the skin color are exactly the same kind.

He plays a quite important role in the Smuggler's story on Balmorra, we kept flirting all the time and in the end we finally kissed - I'm really sorry I chose a bad reply to Corso, I really love him, I would answer more kindly if I could go back.

It was somehow like to kiss Zenith :') *sigh*

Here is the really short video I recorded about the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLe8tojNbeg&feature=youtu.be

So. Damn. True.

We get our badboy kick in fiction, so we don't get kicked by the badboys RL :)

I'd almost but not quite entirely disagree with that - A LOT of my female friends choose the bad boys in real life with the thought that they can change them.

But, this is just an argument from personal opinion and does not represent all the women in the world...just the ones I know who date complete swines! :D

This being fiction, Zenith in my humble English Degree bloke opinion, is a sociopathic gentleman - sure he really cares about his cause, sure he is passionate and angry because he has been pushed top his limits but he does remind me of that Twilek on Tython who you meet at the Forge, without giving too much away.

All his friends are saying, look, you are a good bloke, we understand the cause, we understand your need to protect etc but using those methods to get want you want - please, don't do that!

Zenith, if he were a Jedi, would be right on the cusp of Dark Side, he is one murder away from really losing it for ever - hence my going postal jokes earlier!

Its his tinderbox temper that worries me the most, that knife edge balance that will break given the slightest push and I'm interested to know where the attraction side of things comes from. I'd be too busy making sure I'd get to endgame alive and intact to give the romancing a go! :D

Because it's fiction.

/opinion

As a boy scout type in real life, I know all too well that many ladies don't limit themselves to fiction when seeking mates. I think it's part of the reason I hate Zenith so. Woman think the crazy bastards are fun and dangerous, but really they're just dangerous.

sigh....;)

It's interesting, that despite how he comes across as a 'bad boy', Zenith is second only to Nadia in regards to easy it was to get affection gains for my 100% light side choices. He gives affection gains for loyalty to a cause and helping people in need (especially military personnel) and punishing/reporting traitors. The only times I ever lost affection with him were for the same things that I lost affection with Qyzen for--he really hates it if you let a powerful enemy survive because he believes it will come back to bite you in the butt later.

In order Nadia, Iresso, and Zenith. Usually Nadia is giving 102, Iresso 55, and Zenith 40. All three are ridiculously easy to max.

Tharan is a pain in the butt, but at least he like most presents.

Qyzen..... :mad:

I think it's part of the reason I hate Zenith so. Woman think the crazy bastards are fun and dangerous, but really they're just dangerous.

sigh....;)

Mystery solved! :) Guess, same reason why women do not like ****ty women :)

Though in our case Zenith is far from typical "bad boy". Just as interesting.

Though in our case Zenith is far from typical "bad boy". Just as interesting.

The thing is though, I really don't understand why Zenith is so darn ticked off all the time. I've taken him to max and I really don't see why he can't lighten up. What happened to Iresso is FAR worse and he handled it like a man.

I still think it's the voice. :D

I still think it's the voice. :D

And you are right :) For the most part at least. Though, it's not only the voice itself. But the way he talks, the manners. Look too, btw - well done, stylish and in line with the character. Plus, it's such a relieve to hear in the battle "who do you need dead" instead of "did I mention I am a pacifist"... We are at constant war, damn it! And he is the one who knows how to handle that war situations.

And you are right :) For the most part at least. Though, it's not only the voice itself. But the way he talks, the manners. Look too, btw - well done, stylish and in line with the character. Plus, it's such a relieve to hear in the battle "who do you need dead" instead of "did I mention I am a pacifist"... We are at constant war, damn it! And he is the one who knows how to handle that war situations.

Exactly I giggled when I first heard him say "who do you need dead." I also liked the personal space thing and his take on Jedi speak being useful. Unlike Tharan who thinks your evil for using your abilities to defuse a situation :/

Its also I cannot believe people do not expect someone who had his homeworld caught in a major conflict and lost people he cared about not to be rough around the edges. To me his personality definitely is more believable for his situation over our given love interest. I just don't think Iresso is believable if his story line gives any indication of the stuff he went threw. While Zenith behaves just like any one I know who would be harden by war and trying to defend his home from outside factions.

It also is refreshing to have a companion that wants to be on his A game man when I got affection points for criticizing his performance it really won me over to him. He is a hard *** but I like that about him. I don't have to pander or pamper him just be honest and it makes him more lovable in my eyes.

Edited by kalarigamerchic

Exactly I giggled when I first heard him say "who do you need dead." I also liked the personal space thing and his take on Jedi speak being useful. Unlike Tharan who thinks your evil for using your abilities to defuse a situation :/

Its also I cannot believe people do not expect someone who had his homeworld caught in a major conflict and lost people he cared about not to be rough around the edges. To me his personality definitely is more believable for his situation over our given love interest. I just don't think Iresso is believable if his story line gives any indication of the stuff he went threw. While Zenith behaves just like any one I know who would be harden by war and trying to defend his home from outside factions.

It also is refreshing to have a companion that wants to be on his A game man when I got affection points for criticizing his performance it really won me over to him. He is a hard *** but I like that about him. I don't have to pander or pamper him just be honest and it makes him more lovable in my eyes.

Considering what he would do to an Imperial, do you not think that at the drop of a hat, he'd do the same to your character if he had evidence that really hacked him off? He would not think twice about wanting to shoot your character.

That, is disturbing.

You may not have to pander to or pamper him, but you'd have to constantly watch your back and face to make sure he doesn't decide to shoot either of them! :D

Look at his dislikes - Dislikes: Mercy to the Empire, betrayal, second chances for those who do wrong

What if you gave one too many Imps or Sith a second chance? Nothing, apparently, enrages him more than doing just that. The first time you meet him in person, what was he going to do?

He'd shoot you given the motivation, no question.

(This is of course the reason why his character is in the game and why he has to be that character who your Jedi has to keep an eye on - Bioware have written him brilliantly!)

I am utterly fascinated as to how this is alluring just from a character perspective, is it just because I am a bloke I look at his qualities and immediately think of the dangers he poses?

I find it odd that despite his liabilities and really really dangerous motivations his nice voice - and washboard stomach - negates everything! :D

Edited by Assam

What if you gave one too many Imps or Sith a second chance? Nothing, apparently, enrages him more than doing just that. The first time you meet him in person, what was he going to do?

He'd shoot you given the motivation, no question.

Just a small note: at the very beginning of his story, when you just arrived on Balmorra he openly tells you that he wants to kill one collaborator but can not come close enough. And asks you to eliminate the bodyguard. And your - oh, so noble character agrees. Sure, you can do it without killing but still. And after you somehow got rid of that bodyguard there is a scene where Zenith asks you to let him finish the job. If you are LS to extreme and do not let that man dye - not only Zenith did not shoot you in the back (he had all his men with him, he could do it easily) but he kept his word and let Gordon came and organize that new government. Even helped with everything he could.

It does not look like he is THAT dangerous after all :)

(The rest is up to voice and look :) )

Edited by Mirandel

I would like to have the option of changing all your companions to either male/female and race options. I know this would be challenging, but it's so subjective to keep the romances so limited.

I'm male and started a female consular. I didn't know I was going to have a romance option so I wish I would have made a male consular. I will not romance a male, just not going to happen. I wish we had the option of changing our character's gender. I'll be waiting for more romance able companions in the future. There are only two females romance character I've remotely like, one being the sith Warrior and smuggler. I do hope we will soon see some nice skimpy companion orange gear soon. I'm jealous that the smuggler gets the female companion wearing princess Layla's outfit. lol

Another disappointment for me is not being able to have the orange gear that I like. I finally just found L47 orange semi-cool gear for my consular and now the new 1.2 patch orange gear will have augments??? I'll have to star all over again with some new lame gear I won't like but it will have an augment slot. Jeesh.....talk about disappointing. I have to say being able to choose orange gear options I like makes me enjoy the game so much more. :mad:

Just a small note: at the very beginning of his story, when you just arrived on Balmorra he openly tells you that he wants to kill one collaborator but can not come close enough. And asks you to eliminate the bodyguard. And your - oh, so noble character agrees. Sure, you can do it without killing but still. And after you somehow got rid of that bodyguard there is a scene where Zenith asks you to let him finish the job. If you are LS to extreme and do not let that man dye - not only Zenith did not shoot you in the back (he had all his men with him, he could do it easily) but he kept his word and let Gordon came and organize that new government. Even helped with everything he could.

It does not look like he is THAT dangerous after all :)

(The rest is up to voice and look :) )

He stopped because he knew he couldn't get past the Jedi who he'd just seen wipe the floor with a ton of people including someone he could not defeat! :D

Yep, I knew it, washboard abs and a sexy voice is the only important bit - danger is superflous! hehehe

Yep, I knew it, washboard abs and a sexy voice is the only important bit - danger is superflous! hehehe

I can only repeat myself (last post) that statement is about Quinn (who does not even got the voice, only look, and even questionable). At the end poor Felix got that abs too (body type 2) and it did not help him :)

I'm bumping this with a..

Please Bioware! For the love of the force, please make Zenith romancable in a future update, my poor Sage will be loveless for the rest of her days. It would make a lovely story, breaking down the walls, earning the trust needed to make it happen...you would make my Sage's life! That voice *whimper*

Oh yesss...

:o

I'd like to add that Iresso is by far the most bland, uninteresting companion I've seen so far. I romanced him just because I wanted to see if he picked up, but no. The scene where they're "kissing" made me cringe. It looked so... stiff, awkward and wrong.

Also bothers me that male Consulars get the little insecure girl while we get an experienced soldier. If BW are going to stereotype at least give me the feckin' bad *** rebel warrior!

So what if he doesn't speak much, he can change! :o

So what if he doesn't speak much, he can change! :o

Actually, his silence is one of his virtue :) But jokes aside I finally understood the meaning of this charade. Bioware does not hate female JC, no. On the opposite - they simply honor our code, help us to keep our oaths, remove an irresistible temptation from our way. Don't you feel better seeing such care? :p

Edited by Mirandel

Actually, his silence is one of his virtue :)

Hehe, agree with you.

I especially love the missions speech he does: "Done. Next?" :o

I was hoping Zenith would teach the ship droid a bit about the virtues of silence now when they're neighbours and all, but no luck. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Aww. that sucks. I have a Twi'lek female and I wanted her too be with Zenith. :( Irreso it is, I guess, since Holiday would probably get wiggy if something came in between her and Theran; also, Theran is annoying anyway.

• 10 months later...

I seriously wish Bioware would reconsider on making Zenith romanceable. Iresso has all the personality of a dishrag and isn't anywhere near as useful as one.

On this thread, some asked what attracts us ladies to Zenith. Firstly, he's complicated...not easy to get to know, you have to peel away at the layers, get to know him and build trust. Also for me, when you compare some of the vocal lines of Iresso and Zenith, I find Zenith is much more chivilrous to my lady consular. For example, he says 'cover your eyes' (which i think is sweet) and 'cover me!' which implies he'll run in and protect the consular, whereas Iresso is all 'take point and I'll cover you", which to me is like saying, hey babe, run in ahead and I'll hide back here and cover you. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like Zenith's chivilry and protectiveness. I'm not in the least interested in Iresso. And its not like us ladies can't handle an alien love. If the guys can get Vette, why can't we get Zenith?

Please Bioware, make Zenith romanceable in a future update, he'd be worth the wait. The heart wants what it wants and its NOT Iresso :)

Oh I know what you mean. The problem is developers at Bioware assume everyone who plays is a male. Which is why male characters get good romancing options. In the meantime us girls have to deal with whiny sniveling men who have little boy coddle me complexes. If you need references look at either Dark Age or any of the Mass Effect games. I hated Allister and Fenris for these reasons.

Edited by RaineyDaze