6.0 assassin tank set bonuses

Darittha

Many ppl have noticed that sin tank have such a bad set bonuses that most guides ive seen for sin tank actually say to use Death Knell set -> which is ofc dps spec set. I was hoping you(devs) would introduce new set bonuses but let us also keep old ones but you decided to lock the old set bonus after reaching 75 level leaving us with this the collection of really bad and useless set bonuses. Dont get me wrong some dps set bonuses are good like Death Knell for Deception assassin or Concentrated Fire for mercenarry dps ->> which is why this makes even less sense. How could u possibly get it so right on those dps specs and leave assassin tank in the dirt with collection of useless set bonuses that are so bad that we are better just using DPS SET BONUS? Edited by Darittha

I recall having seen somewhere some new set bonuses for tanks, dunno if it was on the PTS or when there was a bug in the base game that added new set bonuses to tank gear.

The ones I've seen for sin tank were pretty neat (using a charge from shadow ward giving back 1% of your total health, as an example, as well as the taunt cd reduction...) I'd like to know what they did become.

I really liked those at the time, and I do agree that most set bonuses do not seem like they're made for tanks at all, and offer little to no benefit. :rak_03:

I saw someone mention that devs said more set bonuses will be introduced but that can be just fluff info without any real weight. I dont play much of the other tank classes anymore but as for assassin tank atm i can say once again that those set bonuses arent worth the work u need to put into getting them. For now im forced to use dps set bonus for my tank. Edited by Darittha

What about the Saber Master bonus set?

[(2) +2% Endurance

(4) Reduces the cooldown Battle Readiness / Overcharge Saber by 20 seconds.

(6) Killing an enemy during Battle Readiness / Overcharge Saber refreshes the duration of Battle Readiness / Overcharge Saber. Can occur up to 5 times during one Battle Readiness / Overcharge Saber.

It seems it might be useful for mobs and add phase of boss fights. Although I'm not sure if you have to deliver the killing blow for it to refresh. I'm considering it or Death Knell for my shadow tank.

It was discussed on theorycrafters and while i dont recall exact details i would assume u need the killing blow because thats always how the kills counted before so (6) is pretty much useless even if u have boss with adds. (4) might sound good but that wouldnt help much either as that would be +25% dmg reduction for 15secs every 1mins 40secs - u might as well take Efficient Termination where u have 10% dmg reduction for 6secs every 20secs after Spike. ->but problem there is that is one of the outlying abilities not part of the rotation and something youd never normally use in the fight. Edited by Darittha

• 1 month later...

I have both Death Knell and The Victor sets for my Kinetic/Shadow tanks. DK is nice, but Victor is incredible for FPs. It doesn't make you immortal, but it definitely gives a huge speed up to the FP by keeping your HP high. A fair number of FP boss fights also include a small pack of adds now and then that will punch your HP up and give your healer a slight breather right when he most needs it.

The Victor set is basically so nice, I can't see giving it up unless you regularly have bored healers that need more to do to stay busy. I use Victor on my JK & PT tanks, too (for the same reason).

--

BTW, Victor is a 20% heal on critter death, 8s CD; ie. it's healing scales up as your total HP increases. Go go gadget, B-mods!

• 5 weeks later...

I use mainly Efficient Termination set for my tank assassin on bosses. It's not big but gives 10% dmg reduction from spike. Spike accualy does decent damage aswell but as said have to implement it in rotation and learn to use it in it. If there is mobs to die in boss, then Saber master might be better.

For more dps I'd go with death knell in single and for aoe trishin + 3 amplifier pieces

Edited by Morlom

• 4 weeks later...

I use exploding shield set 4 pieces. And 2 pieces 2% dmg reduction on below 50%. It allows to get aggro on packs fast and does lowered damage in 70 scales. However in pvp it is pretty deadly when 5-6 melees attack you - suffer all :D

For low healing scenarios like veteran FP randoms, or huttball I swap 4 pieces to 1% healing set and absorption relict to healing proc relict (got by sork).

Why explode shield is good? Well, usually shadow tank has something like 50% shield chance (it is average between ward rised/next ward rised). So each 2nd incoming attack does around 1000 melee dmg/target. So each 3 seconds (2 GCDs of 1 attacker ) you do 1000 - 8000 extra damage in worse case. That overperforms any boost you could have from other sets in long runs, like 2 mins fight. SImple calc: my melee hits something like 8000, so 20% boost will be 9600 for 30s? That is 15 attacks boosted by 1600. That is 3 shields explosions if attacked by pack of 8 which takes 3s.

But ye, there are none good set/tactical truly designed for shadow tank. Other 2 tank have "class set" which fits. For example juggernaut can use "no retaliation cd" set. It is a beast - near 3kk heal/damage/protection in single WZ each. Now jugs can solo kill MM-FP boss with no heal at all, well, 1 skill enabled on companion only :D

So shadow tanks need a boost >: good one.

And tactical - I use luck changes or that one for 3% dmg reduction at 80% depends on task/healer. Luck changes works perfect in pvp, as u're stunned /pushed alot, so it have time to rise between hits.

Edited by alexzk