Best 1v1 Spec for sniper?

szczypaczek

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on your situation, PvP or PvE?

I never really liked engineering to begin with, so I don't play it. Found it kinda clunky.

For Marksman, its the true turret spec. Burst heavy spec. When you crit, you'll see big numbers.

For Virulence, great mobility, but not much in terms of burst dmg. You only stand still for Cull and Snipe/Lethal Shot. And no insta-snipe.

Edited by Roxas_kun

Would it be Engineering?

Nah, probably not. Too many of your attacks are aoes that a non-derby opponent will just get out of (and flyby has a lot of time to get out). I'd guess marksman vs most opponents, as a sniper you don't really have any self heals, so you basically have to kill your opponent ASAP before they kill you (a lot of other classes could cc you and then spend the cc healing themselves for example, when you don't have that option).

Edited by LordTurin

If you found engineering a bit too clunky then it's possible you didn't give it the time it needs to get the hang of.

When it comes to 1v1's engineering can hold it's weight pretty well, the issue of aoe that's been raised......there are ways around it. All depends on how exactly you use your aoe combined with other skills.

As for the OP question, it comes down to which you feel the most comfortable with. If you want the easy route then aye Marksman, if you want the harder route then engineering can do pretty well too.....you just need to know how to use it correctly.

well i play marksman and virulence mostly, i think marksman is very good against melees, but agaisnt ops its very bad i mean u have to be perfect at ur approach. Bait them, before using snipe casue its most likely to be doged with the roll :p anyway, sniper could use some buffs to incerease his team independence, wishful thinking

It depends on what/who you are fighting. I find all three to be viable in certain situations, change specs depending on opponent when possible.

I find MM is generally effective against most classes 1v1... can kill just about anything, sometimes not as efficiently vs certain classes/specs. (Tankier classes/specs are annoying)

Engi seems to do better in certain situations, such as if the target is easily kited or if the target is tankier than most. Engi can be mobile compared to the other specs, but can be shut down by a skilled opponent, often stealthers, using certain dcds to avoid/nullify EP (Shroud/roll/etc). Same can be said for the other specs about their hard hitters, but Engi is rather reliant on EP (and EP has the longest CD for a main ability at 18s, compared to ~12 for MM, 9 Viru). Engi probably has the highest skill cap.

Viru works well vs tankier targets, but it is vulnerable to cleanse (Ops/Sins, possibly Jug) and off heals. It generally does not have as much burst as the other two specs, has good sustained.

All specs are of course vulnerable to LoS by varying degrees, tends to be situational. Also, you should usually lose to a good Conceal Op... (the only spec I ever really have luck killing them in is MM)

Perhaps this helped, just my two cents.

I'm bad. I *never* win any 1v1 with my Sharpshooter Gunslinger. And because of that I'm simply refusing duelling.

( Well, once I won. But only once. and that player was even worse than me, totally unexpected. I'm sooooo much used to get defeated. )

You really should record a couple of matches dude so we can see you play, every time you make a post in a sniper/slinger thread you say you seem to put a negative slant on your capability. Grab a free copy of bandicam, upload to youtube and lets see if we can suggest some improvements.

One on One for marksman/sharpshooter is more than feasible. As with everything a sniper does it's all very situational and where you are positioned.

In one on ones virulence is the one that probably struggles the most but yet it always has done.