Sidious vs Vitiate

Shokzman

Personally from what i've seen of Sidious and what I've read of Vitiate I think there would be no contest. I think vitiate would easily dominate Sidious before turning him into a mindless puppet.

But I'm not well versed in the whole Star Wars Lore. I just know what happend in the movies and everything that I've read up on about the Old Republic. So I would like to hear more opinions on this.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally from what i've seen of Sidious and what I've read of Vitiate I think there would be no contest. I think vitiate would easily dominate Sidious before turning him into a mindless puppet.

But I'm not well versed in the whole Star Wars Lore. I just know what happend in the movies and everything that I've read up on about the Old Republic. So I would like to hear more opinions on this.

Sidious use a small lighting from his finger= dead Vitiate.

Edited by undeadsithdread

This has been answered in another thread, so i will put the answer here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=139297

But here is a quote from the thread if you dont want to go read 10 pages. Credit goes to Makoto_Shishio

For many reasons.

1.) Mace windu is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever.

2.) Sidious as of ROTS has been 13 years out of practise with a lightsaber and yet he still managed to kill off "3 of the greatest swordsman of the jedi order" in a swift stroke

3.) He could have overpowered Windu with the force easily but chose to not go all out to manipulate Anakin.

If you read Dark empire.

Vitate needed rituals and trinkets which takes time to accomplish most of his feats. Palpatines power all comes from within himself.

1) Palpatine can create hyperspace wormholes(force storms) from his own power that are powerful enough to destroy an entire planets surface and wipe out an entire star fleet killing tens and thousands of soldiers.

2) His very existance caused an imbalance of the force.

3) His lightning killing off 50 storm troopers in one single blast and reducing 3 sith acolytes powerful enough to being maul back from he dead to charred ashes.

4) Force blinding 10 000 jedi

5) His mere presence on byss turning "one of the most lush and fertile planets" into "one of the galaxys most powerful dark side nexus".

6) Constantly draining billions of people on byss while keeping them alive

7) Being respected and being bowed to from the ancient sith

"The Ancient Sith pown new age Sith" don't believe it. It's totally crap and baseless. Naga Sadow, one of the most infamous Ancient Sith, did really nothing except throw a brick with The Force. The accounts of him blowing up stars is clearly stated to be done through his Flagship's technology. This tech could be used by even weaklings lin the Force.

The most powerful Sith Lord EVER is a new age Sith. The Sith is known as Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. Sources to back this up:

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."

-- Death Star, page 76. Emphasis mine.

"...Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."

-- The New Essential Chronology, page ??? (I don't own the book). Emphasis mine.

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."

-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the Ancient Sith spirits on korriban: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the OT sith: "No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine."

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: "Palpatine at his peak."

Essential Chronology: "the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

Now you know comics so you'll be well versed in people calling narrative hyperbole. Take into note these feats along with those quotes:

Palpatine learned a Force Storm. It is is an attack that rips apart the fabric of existence and space-time. It can do everything from create a wormhole to move a person lightyears to ravage the surface of a planet to annihilate starfleets. Palpatine uses Force lightning with enough power to kill 100 augmented Strormtroopers effortlessly. Same lightning reduced 3 dark siders strong enough to resurrect Darth Maul to charred skeletons.

His battle with Luke in Dark Empire, according to the audio, had enough energy sent off to kill nearby Stormtroopers. He also can drain planets of their energy.

A dying palpatine in empires end was able to blast a hole and instantly killed a jedi with lightning who tried to attack him while mortally wounding the other.

Palpatines true form has been stated to be pure dark side energry, he has been stated to be a dark side nexus and even a blackhole in the force. Vitiate's prowess is far less when compared to Palpatine.

Dont bother argueing. TOR timeline keeps the stuff realistic. The laters stuff about palp was turned into dragon ball Z. They punch ppl into space. Create blackholes. Just a bunch of high fantasy garbage. You cant compare the good wrighting of TOR to the overdone crap that is the later timeline.

Dont bother argueing. TOR timeline keeps the stuff realistic. The laters stuff about palp was turned into dragon ball Z. They punch ppl into space. Create blackholes. Just a bunch of high fantasy garbage. You cant compare the good wrighting of TOR to the overdone crap that is the later timeline.

please go read revan novel.

There are many similarities between TOR and the Original Star Wars..

Both story wise and desgin wise (Ships, Symbols, Monsters etc.).

As for the OP, Vitiate used relics, trinkets and the power of 100 Sith lords to bosst his power in order to become immortal..

Sidious did it WITHOUT any outside help, all of his own will. His lightning is also canocially the most powerful lightning in the SW universe, He is also canocially the most powerful sith lord to ever live.

Edited by _Zorth_

as opposed to what, TORs over the top sith and jedi...? How is it people refuse to use the same scrutiny on their own arguements.

How is Vitate, malgus or satele not OP in a DBZ like state.

Vitiate is basically a Palpy clone with relics and rituals, consumes a planet and force lighting and powers from TFU. But he's not DBZ in any way?

Malgus cuts through things like a samurai from an anime, as iff magically his lightsaber blade has an infinte length when swung.

Satele and her mountain crumbing force push....

if you allow your arguement side to be OPed to stupid DBZ proportions then you must allow the media which gives the other side their merits.

Thus, all your sources vs all their sources.

IN THE END, SIDIOUS could do more than vitiate, and did so without the crutch of objects and rituals.

....But I'm not well versed in the whole Star Wars Lore. I just know what happend in the movies and everything that I've read up on about the Old Republic. So I would like to hear more opinions on this.
that is exactly what the problem is. sidious wa smuch more powerfull then vitiate ever was. I mean dont get me wrong it is so absurd how powerfull sidious are in EU that in my mind he isnt a SW character anymore but a dragon ball z character, that is why i hate mostly of the EU not everything off course but its cus of this and i hate sidious has a character.

What vitiate did with the ritual with alot of sith lords sidious could do only with his mind. he absorved a whole planet named byss. he could transfer his "soul" to cloned bodies to became imortal. he could open whormholes in space that could tear a part fleets, and create lightning storms that could do the same... i mean is absurd. at least in the movies the jedi and sith look like poople, extraordinary people granted, but still people. some of EU smells so bad at nerdy geek SW fan writers.

also he had all the knowlege of the sith before him. ( wich spams a great deal of time, way more then vitiate)

all that power and he died with a shot in the back by han solo.

yep pretty much this.
please go read revan novel.
allthough revan novel sucked, at least had normal characters, and thus being much more atuned to the star wars experience. Overall the stuff from TOR is much better then the EU after Rotj, without comparison.
There are many similarities between TOR and the Original Star Wars..

Both story wise and desgin wise (Ships, Symbols, Monsters etc.).

yep and that is why its much better then the EU after Rotj timeline, wich has litle in comon with the original star wars. Edited by Spartanik

The problem with the godlike Palpatine is, that Galen Marek somehow managed to defeat him without any companions.. Well, it's the problem of having a lot of EU writers.. And make players happy and "epic" in every new game

When did Galen Marek defeat Sidious? If you are referring to the battle on the Death Star, He was toying with marek the entire time, he saw a chance to regain the apprentice he had always wanted but had lost on Mustafar, he tells Galen to go kill Vader and take his place, Sidious wanted him to be his apprentice, not to be dead.

When did Galen Marek defeat Sidious? If you are referring to the battle on the Death Star, He was toying with marek the entire time, he saw a chance to regain the apprentice he had always wanted but had lost on Mustafar, he tells Galen to go kill Vader and take his place, Sidious wanted him to be his apprentice, not to be dead.

Well, it didn't work out, as you remember, as Starkiller started fighting the Palp, wisely avoiding his force lightning. I'm pretty sure, there were at least a few moments, which should have been quite humiliating for the Emperor..

Anyway, I just had in mind, that story told by different storytellers and using same characters often has inconsistency.

Plus, all this Sith stuff is overrated. They always lose, and - - what can you expect of individuals, who name themselves with an anagram of $%!#! ;) (joking)

this guy is definitely stronger:

Edited by Man-Kar

We forget one thing... Sidious is a Master of the Sith who studied all of Vitiate's knowledge and the dozens of other Sith after Vitiate.

With all these vs threads we often need to remember that the later Jedi/Sith have compounded knowledge of those who came before, typically speaking.

And when Vader threw Sidious into the reactor core, Sidious was just playing with Vader. You know, eeeeagleeeeeee ! Etc, etc...

Your point?

He came back, didn't he?

In the Dark Empire comics, Vader was redemeed the moment he turned so Sidious still holds his title as most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist.

According to GL he didn't.

It's been explained to you over and over that GL never said that, You are lying. He said that in his own personal universe there is no EU at all, only the movies.

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker,.

He pretty much explains here that verything after RoTJ does infact happen, But he doesn't see it as part of his own universe. As for that matter, in his own universe there is no EU at all. No Revan, Vitiate, TOR anything..

Edited by _Zorth_

Yes....that explains it.

Precisely, he was arrogant, he believed he had Vader wrapped around his finger and then thought it would be a good idea to torture and kill Vader's son right in-front of him, even though Anakin's desire to save his loved ones was the reason he turned to the Dark Side in the first place, well we saw exactly how that logic turned out.

Precisely, he was arrogant, he believed he had Vader wrapped around his finger and then thought it would be a good idea to torture and kill Vader's son right in-front of him, even though Anakin's desire to save his loved ones was the reason he turned to the Dark Side in the first place, well we saw exactly how that logic turned out.

Oh noo.. shouldn't have said that. Now they are gonna accuse Sidious of being stupid and somehow bring Revan into this conversation..

:rolleyes:

Oh noo.. shouldn't have said that. Now they are gonna accuse Sidious of being stupid and somehow bring Revan into this conversation..

Hell yeah Revan would have thrown Vader and Sidious off the ledge, then force choke Luke to death all so he could hook up with Bastilla and princess Leia at the same time on the star forge............

Is that the answer you were looking for?????

Edited by sfatmedic

It's been explained to you over and over that GL never said that, You are lying. He said that in his own personal universe there is no EU at all, only the movies.

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker,.

He pretty much explains here that verything after RoTJ does infact happen, But he doesn't see it as part of his own universe. As for that matter, in his own universe there is no EU at all. No Revan, Vitiate, TOR anything..

I'm lying? Haha, screw you you hatemongrer ! Personal attacks? Fine, you started it.