Onslaught Crew Skill has Broken my Crafting

Jaarna

So, after today's pretty terrible update (that banner ikr), it seems that the Onslaught Crew Skill is again, sadly, necessary.

Now, we all know the 500,000 cost is ridiculous, especially for subscribers. That's 1.5 MILLION per character. That's at least half of my entire savings wasted on something I've already had for like a month.

If you hadn't noticed, a few weeks back suddenly the Onslaught Crew Skill wasn't needed to progress past level 600 and on to 700. You could even learn all of the schematics. I did raise this on Twitter with no response.

Well, today it's back to being necessary again. All my 700/700 skills are now 700/600.

HOWEVER, not noticing initially I sent my crew on Bioanalysis missions and now my skill has been reverted to 600/600. I just lost 100 levels. I've raised the issue but responses usually take days.

I advise you to not send your crew on skill missions just yet if you haven't gotten the Onslaught Crew Skill upgrade until something is done about this. I'm worried that if I do buy it, it'll trigger a revert back to 600 on my other skills anyway.

Also, I'm already 700, why not just let those who are over 600 already just have the skill. It was BioWare's error yet we paying subscribers are being punished for it.

alot of players are facing this problem, lets hope they fix it soon. I do like to do alot of crafting but I'll take ur advise and wait for the fix.

atm my crew skills are

synthweaving 700/600, was 700/700

archeology downlevel'ed to 600/600 from 700/700

underworld trading downlevel'ed to 600/600 from 700/700

its been 2 days now, I wonder when are they going to fix it?

Not before there's a 6.1.2a patch. My experience is that it's beyond rare for a bug released on day D (Wednesday in this case) to be fixed on D+1 (Thursday in this case), and they don't (historically, anyway) release emergency patches on Fridays (D+2 for 6.1.2). (Other patches in the past have had D+2 hotfix patches, but D was a Tuesday, so D+2 was Thursday.)

It's unlikely that we'll see a fix for this before the Tuesday reset. In theory they could release one on Monday, but it's unlikely.

its been 2 days now, I wonder when are they going to fix it?

I see this in Dev Tracker forum as a known issue and the "fix" should be a priority. Just one example of how this is affecting players is the inability to craft and/or use top tier stims, medpacs and adrenals when attempting the harder content. The weekend is here.

Personally, my Biochem toons that were at 700/700 are now at 700/600. Can't craft and cannot use the "gold" mk-2 items.

I currently have 4 toons who have lost their crafting from 700. Unacceptable as i did pay in game credits to level it past 600 and now they are locked. I don't have the 2 million to spare plus the additional 500 k to level them. Crafting is broke and it does seem that when you send out crew skills that there is about a 10 percent chance that it does revert back to 600, in my experience. Edited by Queso
typo

The other day I rebought Archeology to continue crafting and its seems to be working again. My thought is will I get 500,000 credits back. Not sure how they would know who was effected and where your points were before the update. I also have many toons that were effected.

Another thing I noticed is that Grade 11 skills show up in the Grade 1 section on some toons.

The other day I rebought Archeology to continue crafting and its seems to be working again. My thought is will I get 500,000 credits back. Not sure how they would know who was effected and where your points were before the update. I also have many toons that were effected.

Another thing I noticed is that Grade 11 skills show up in the Grade 1 section on some toons.

Same here about the Grade 11. I'm not even entertaining the option to purchase my skills after the time and $ has already been spent to get them all to 700 on every toon. Everything was just fine before the patch. This is the dev's problem to fix.