Biochem RE, bad luck or Bugged

-PACER-

Since ive hit level 30-35 (now 48) I have literaly RE hundreds and hundreds of items with out SINGLE discovery ... up till then it used to be approx 10 items to get blue pattern on worst case 20 (4x 5 stack).... i have just for testing RE 50 same items today and no luck... :mad::mad::mad: this is on top of hundreds other tries as i was leveling 200-400 ... now honestly something is not right here ??? Ive tried in game help but that got me nowhere.. so I am wondering i there anybody else with same issue or should I just drop the whole profession and end the frustration.

What am I trying to RE.. absolutely everything.. medpacks, implants med stims etc.

No I am not "exagarating" basicaly from Biochem 200 to 380 where I am now, I have not had a SINGLE patern, that is atleast 180 items I have RE and got not one hit. Hence my asking if it is a bugg... up to 200 i was getting one out of 5-10 for a blue. I say atleast since some things were gray or green hence not giving skill point.

This is frustrating since people just dismiss it to luck,,, I am contemplating making a youtube video of me RE ing 100 items and getting squat just to show people the issue.

Like i said since Bio chem 200-210 ive RE pretty much everything I made, and I have had ZERO, read ZERO hits on blue.. mainly Implants and Stims . This cant be normal.

I don't normally have a problem with anything til i hit the lvl 40 stuff. Before level 40 stuff tho I can usually get a blue in 10 maybe 20 REs at worst. That's going from green to blue. Now the level 49 stuff I've spent a whole lot of time and materials trying to RE implants from blue to purple and didn't have much luck there. Decided it's just not worth it and am waiting for 1.2.

As far as REing stims, I was trying to get lvl 40 might stims done the other day for an alt. I think it took me 25 greens to finally get the blue 2 hr. stim. I hate to say it - but it sounds like you are having horrible luck. Wish I could help. Keep in mind it's all supposed to be improved in 1.2. It will tell you on the item the chances of getting a new schematic if it's possible.

must be bad luck man, I had a similar thing too. RE'd 2 level 48 green willpower stims and discovered the blue version, then I had to RE'd around 70+ level 48 green aim stims until I discovered the blue version.

just keep trying and have faith!

exaggerate much? also, they are upping rates in 1.2, keep your panties on.

He's exaggerating? Really? Then it occurring to me is what, a figment? I've had well over a hundred with no turns, and documented them on this board. In that same thread we had a few pushing 600 t0 800, many over 200.

Heck, did 75 greens without a blue before. Last item I tried to turn was a 49 ear piece. Two hundred before I turned anything. By two hundred and fifty attempts I had one worthless, semi tank dps purple, one "presence". Got four "you already know this pattern".

RNG, as a crafting model, with no learning curve is about as bad a system as one can design. Its lazy, and it makes no sense at all. Upping the percentage will make it easier, but not at all better.

Edited by Blackardin

I totally agree that it is really frustrating at times to repeat something for a mere chance. But that is how MMOs work (google: Skinner Box to see why low random chance per action is actually making people try to get it the most / for the longest time).

Devs posted that the chance for some crits is 4% (will be 10-20% in 1.2). So there is a 96% chance to fail on 1 RE, and a 1.7% chance to fail on 100 REs in a row. In other words: when 100 players reverse engineer 100 items each, about 1 or 2 of them players will not get anything.

Out of those 100 players, who do you think gets to the forum and complains about it?

Now think about 1.5 million players playing this game instead of 100. That's 15000 people not getting any luck in 100 consecutive reverse engineering attempts.

Also, getting from level 100 to 200 in a crafting profession is not necessarily 100 crafted items. You gain 2 levels for an orange and 1-2 levels (random) for a yellow.