This week's Nightlife Hypercrate Prices

Yup, it is cheaper. So, now we have to do 24 purchases. Ah well, blessing for some of us. Tulok Hord's armor set, the Ceremonial mystic set, perhaps the Enhanced Assailant's set (for a different looking companion) are nice sets. Some of the mounts are cool, but...

I'll still wait.

Guess someone at EAWare misplaced their calculator! :p

Or it's a trick to make people think that they need to hurry up and buy the individual packs before they fix it. In which case that is master level sales technique.

• Dev Post
Please don't fix it until I get home. :p

The race is on, Darkside :p

Pack price was supposed to be 225 CC per pack, which is why the discrepancy existed between pack and hypercrate pricing. It will be getting updated within the next 30 or so minutes. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Pack price was supposed to be 225 CC per pack, which is why the discrepancy existed between pack and hypercrate pricing. It will be getting updated within the next 30 or so minutes. Thanks everyone.

-eric

omg logging in as i type

edit: looks like i should have driven home at 120 instead of 100.... :(

Edited by Darkside

Yup, it is cheaper. So, now we have to do 24 purchases. Ah well, blessing for some of us. Tulok Hord's armor set, the Ceremonial mystic set, perhaps the Enhanced Assailant's set (for a different looking companion) are nice sets. Some of the mounts are cool, but...

I'll still wait.

Oh don't worry! They aren't dropping the sets... Oh no no no no no! WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE, evidently they removed the sets and replaced them with INDIVIDUAL pieces of armor from said sets... yeah... I bought a Hypercrate of that CRAP and have since submitted a ticket for a refund...

Oh don't worry! They aren't dropping the sets... Oh no no no no no! WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE, evidently they removed the sets and replaced them with INDIVIDUAL pieces of armor from said sets... yeah... I bought a Hypercrate of that CRAP and have since submitted a ticket for a refund...

Pretty sure they've always been like that.

Setdrops begun with Alliancepacks back at the beginning of 4.0 Before you get single Pieces of one Armor.

Cartel packs have always dropped either individual pieces of armor or the Upper/Lower/Supplementary armor boxes. They have never dropped full armor set boxes (unless you get one out of a Chance Cube nowadays). I'm afraid you won't get your refund, because the Nightlife packs are not only working as intended, they're working as they've always worked, nothing has been changed. :)

Cross-posting from other thread dealing more directly with this tangent:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Grand Nightlife Pack that was first released just under a year after the original Nightlife Packs. That one had full armor sets, but a significantly higher price-point.

The original Nightlife Packs always had the Upper / Lower / Supplemental boxes for some armors and individual pieces for others. If you want proof just go back to the forum posts from when they were first released (summer 2014) and see the posts where people were bringing up the disparity in drop rates between different pieces within the same sets (that's what led to the Rectified Brawler and Amended Mystic sets being released, because when it came to the Nimble Brawler and Ceremonial Mystic sets, the Nightlife Packs would drop a metric ton of Lower Body Armor boxes, but almost no Upper or Supplemental boxes).

Couple examples of threads discussing the original Nightlife Packs and the individual pieces / U/L/S boxes:

Question Regarding: Disparity in Drop Rates for Armor Boxes Of The Same Set

Star Cluster Nightlife Pack item chances

Edited by DarthDymond

-eric

For the record... it would have been nice of you guys to just knock down the price of the hypercrate a tad, rather than increasing the price of the individual packs so people who didn't take advantage of the mistake now have to pay more. It's not the end of the world and I'm not upset or anything, it just would have been nice :(

Edited by AscendingSky

Failed memory leads to much embarrassment in the forum. ;)

Tip: these particular packs NEVER included full armor set boxes, so you will not get a refund. And if you try a charge back.. they will perma ban your account.

Edited by Andryah

-eric

I gotta say, I love that you joke around with us on the forums, lol. It really does make it clear that you care about the players and the community. Thanks, Keith, now, ummm, just you know, bring back Doc and Vector, lol. (just kidding, but also not, lol.)

I gotta say, I love that you joke around with us on the forums, lol. It really does make it clear that you care about the players and the community. Thanks, Eric, now, ummm, just you know, bring back Doc and Vector, lol. (just kidding, but also not, lol.)

Fixed it for you, but yeah I'm glad Eric, Keith, and now Charles are posting more. We've really needed interaction for quite some time, so I'm happy they are doing so. I think they should even set up some forum games now and then for the positivity it would foster.

Cartel packs have always dropped either individual pieces of armor or the Upper/Lower/Supplementary armor boxes. They have never dropped full armor set boxes (unless you get one out of a Chance Cube nowadays). I'm afraid you won't get your refund, because the Nightlife packs are not only working as intended, they're working as they've always worked, nothing has been changed. :)

I vividly remember this same person making a thread yesterday and never coming back to read the replies. ;)

Edited by kodrac

For those asking about armor set drops vs individual pieces this is the official post on it.

Hey folks,

I wanted to add some clarification to the topic, just to avoid any further confusion. The Star Cluster's Nightlife pack and the Club Vertica's Nightlife pack both operate the same way as all standard packs. They drop armor sets in Upper, Lower, and Supplementary boxes except for rare armor sets, such as Tulak Hord, which drop as individual pieces.

There is a compilation pack called the Grand Nightlife pack which we release from time to time that works differently. That is a "best of" pack and drops armor in full set boxes. The two packs on the market right now do not work this way, they drop armor in the standard fashion listed at the top of this post.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

-eric

PS - vivid