Freedom Fight - Bugged

CobaltBleuDragon

I opened a bug report a week before the last patch. I mentioned this on the last patch thread. This is my second thread about this on this board. I sent Eric Musco a private message asking him for help in at least getting this addressed in a future patch. I have received no answer at all, not from anyone.

I just opened a CS ticket asking them to advance me past this fight.

I honestly don't know what to do about this. Am I the only one having this issue? Is this the only quest with a bad level lock? I am locked 5 levels below the enemy.

Nope I'm having the same problem. It's ridiculous. Any Fallen Empire mission should be able to be completed by somebody running Fallen Empire. My original ticket was bugged and had a negative number and it got deleted in yesterday's patch. I had to submit another one.

I just received an email from a customer service agent stating that this is working as intended. The level lock of enemies at 75 and myself (+companion) at 70 is what is "intended".

First off, shame on the CSA for not even looking at my issue and sending me a form letter. Secondly, this is now going on 3 weeks since I first reported this and I have not received a single response from anyone. Not even to the private message I sent.

Can we please get an official response? This issue is not "working as intended" because a 5 level difference in the lock, in favor of 3 RED enemies is damn near impossible to beat, especially since all three of them respawn when I am killed. I even wasted 9.99 of my real money to push a companion to 50 in hopes it would make a difference.

Please respond. Please let us know this is being worked on.

Please.

My 2nd cs ticket was answered. I have been informed that this is a bug. I already opened a bug report weeks ago but I was instructed to open another one. To date, none of the private messages I have sent have been answered, there has been no official recognition or acknowledgement of this bug on any dev threads.

Will someone please let us know if this is going to be addressed in the next patch?

I begin to suspect that this is deliberate. The same reason as always for the last almost four years:

Time-padding.

You can do this rallied down, but you need to be fairly well geared to overcome the level disparity --I most recently did it in a mostly i-level 300 Lightning Sorc (some 298s, 302 mainhand), and those guys still hit bloody hard, and don't forget to factor in having to last that much longer for having quite a few of your attacks missing/being resisted. IE, you need Accuracy at or close to the normal cap of 110%, or you won't be hitting them much --or barely at all if your class/spec relies heavily on "white" damage.

(Aside: I shudder to think what a sad joke this would be on a Sharpshooter Gunslinger or Carnage Mara, whose heaviest hitter are pretty much all weapons-based.)

Almost everything in this game is stuffed to the rafters with false longevity, and always has been.

It just got really, really blatant starting in late 2015-ish.

Edited by midianlord

• 2 weeks later...

Replying in hopes of getting this thread some notice

So how exactly does one beat this mission without grinding all the way to level 75 and getting top quality gear? Because as much as I love Bowdaar, I really don't think it's worth all this effort just to get one companion, even if my character is a smuggler...

Sadly, there is no way to beat it until there is a bug fix. I am lvl 75, fully geared, and using a lvl 50 companion. The level lock drops me and the comp to 70. The enemies are bolstered to 75.

All we can do is wait for this to be addressed in a patch. To date, this issue has not been addressed by anyone from Bioware.

Edited by CobaltBleuDragon