Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag, or some broken sync issues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lag, or some broken sync issues?

Sideblaze
12.02.2019 , 06:57 PM | #1
I've noticed quite a bit of times, especially in Huttball - that when an operative rolls, sometimes they'll just sort-of be running in place Mid-roll and I have no visual of where they actually are for like five seconds - which is when they get re-synced, I guess.. This really sucks when trying to line up a knock or stun once they lose the invincibility.

Has anyone else noticed this at all, or is it just crap internet on my end?

-Bob-
12.02.2019 , 07:02 PM | #2
This has been a pretty big issue with the game for a few years now, many threads created about it in the past.
The Devs can't fix it, we're just kind of *stuck* with it.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Sideblaze
12.02.2019 , 08:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
This has been a pretty big issue with the game for a few years now, many threads created about it in the past.
The Devs can't fix it, we're just kind of *stuck* with it.
Well, at least it's not just me.

Did this pop up in KOTFE or something?

-Bob-
12.02.2019 , 08:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sideblaze View Post
Well, at least it's not just me.

Did this pop up in KOTFE or something?
the issue has existed since before KOTFE but it seems to have become more of a problem as time goes on. It's the result of a crappy, patchwork game engine.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

TrixxieTriss
12.02.2019 , 11:01 PM | #5
I think it’s actually worse since the expansion, if that’s even possible.

Watched someone in Quesh ball come up the bottom ramp and head over to the health pack there (not even an operative), so I attack and stun them. Next thing they are doing the whole wobbly lag thing and bouncing backwards and forwards from where I am to the next lvl and they score while stunned? I quit the match at that point,

Honestly, this games engine, coding, data base and server set up is amateurish at best and down right incompetence at the worst.
Every major expansion or patch makes this worse. EVERY SINGLE ONE. So I don’t know what the F they do to make it worse every time, but it’s pathetic they can’t fix it.

I bet next thing Bioware will troll us by throwing another Hutt ball map into the mix like they did with Vandin, which it the worst lag and bug fest of them all.

Seriously, they should just remove Hutt ball if they aren’t going to fix it. And they should never ever make another one.