Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please fix marauders!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
please fix marauders!!!!!!!!!!

DJDizzy
12.16.2011 , 09:43 PM | #11
Uhm doing fairly fine in melee. I am discombobulated by your conundrum

McDaniels
12.16.2011 , 09:53 PM | #12
I don't understand what people are complaining about. I went into the game, with no beta experience, on a competitive PvP server with the notion that my class would be gimp until level 30...

I came into warzones at level 12 2 days into early access and dominated. I've had top damage/kbs in about 80% of warzones and I destroy people... 1 on 1 I'm not amazing due to lack of CC at my level, but there is nothing to complain about damage wise.

I hate to say it, but l2p, this is a strong class even at low levels.

Maxxacre
12.16.2011 , 10:36 PM | #13
Marauders are beastly good. In fact, melee in general is just extremely good in PvP compared to most games. If you're doing poorly, it's not the class, it's you. Not to be a jerk about it... but honestly, the game is extremely well balanced for PvP right now.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

RavenEnder
12.16.2011 , 10:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
Only a bad craftsman blames his tools.

TH
F*cking this, right here.
Why do I want to be a Smuggler? This says it all right here.

Shouyin
12.16.2011 , 11:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gagahumps View Post
Please fix marauders!!!!!!! its so depressing in PVP to get whooped so bad. We need to be able to be more deadly close. so why let the ranged people be the same power close and far???? there should be minimum distances for their shots because we have to be so close to use ANY of our strikes (force scream sucks and long cool down)
If you're not good enough to play the Marauder go Juggernaut like the others.

Zotix
12.17.2011 , 12:31 AM | #16
I'm sorry, but there are definitely issues with Mara/ Sent early game. We are a melee class with very little CC. We have a root on the jump, and a single target snare. We have no forms of hard CC. Going up against classes that have 3-4 forms of CC by the mid teens and multiple escapes. It really is an uphill battle, and I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel. Our strongest spell is master strike, and very rarely can you get the full channel in combat. If you force leap in, you are instantly knocked back by sage/ inquis PBAoE, then stunned, and if you are alive they'll cyclone you in place and sprint away. If you save the leap until they run, they still have a number of CC tools to get you off of them again. We get 1 CC break every 2 minutes. Ranged deals more damage consistently than melee, and it's why the top places in a warzone are almost always ranged DPS. The most damage I've done in one attack is 2500ish with Blade Storm. I get hit for 2500 over and over and over by ranged. I have one ability on a 15s cooldown. Most of my attacks deal about 1500ish. In 15 years of MMO's the only other imbalance I've seen like this was bear shamans in AoC release 1 shotting people. Sure, I've had some good games here and there but for the most part it's MUCH, MUCH easier to do well in warzones with a ranged class currently.

I've been there through Pre UO:R, Asheron's Call DT, Shadowbane, all the big PvP games throughout the years, and playing a Sentinel in this game is one of the most frustrating experiences.