Healing Opinions

tentacleTyphoon

Hey, thanks for reading! I've played TOR on again off again, and I think I've decided I want to heal. But I don't know which healer would be a good fit for me, and it's hard finding information with most stickies and guides being for 3.0 or 4.0.

I've got a Juggernaut tank friend, so what would be a good compliment for that/easy to play solo when he's not around?

Edited by tentacleTyphoon
Updated informatoin

In principle: every healer would do it. The question is: what do you want to do? PvE together? PvP? RP?

So for the Question for PvE/PvP it doesn't really matter. Just play what you want.

If it depends on roleplay... just imagine a little story, how the two chars had come together...

Some imaginations (let's imagine, your friend's juggtank is named Surricos and your corription-sorc is named Jurrith):

Two acolytes were dealing with a hard test each for their own but at the same time in the tomb of Marka Ragnos on Korriban. Surricos had a hard stand, fighting a horde of tuk'ata to get a brain of one of the bigger ones. But he had no luck at all, fighting alone and was injured by them badly. With last power, Surricos toiled himself into a corner of the tomb, facing the sure death. Jurrith stumbled into the tomb at this moment searching an artifact for his master. But the artifact was surrounded by another large horde of tuk'ata, he knew he would simply step into death, if he would try to defeat them - just another nameless acolyte failing tests on Korriban. But then, Jurrith noticed Surricos bleeding out in the corner. Silently he sneaked over there... "What are you doing?" Surricos croaked "You're luring the tuk'ata over here!" Jurrith kneeled next to him. "Shut up, you are the one who is yelling!" Soon the little conversation turned. Both faced it, that they were sent alone here to die. But if they work together, they could get out alive - and stand their test. Jurrith used his knowlegde in the force to heal most of Surricos wounds. Together they raged out of the corner and butchered through the tuk'ata horde leaving nothing than lifeless blue-gray bodies everywhere. Both passed their tests and at this day, a strong alliance was born. Many years later, the galaxy trembled by only hearing, that Darth Surricos and Darth Jurrith had landed...

If you want to play a Bodyguard-Merc or the Medicine-Operative, just think out such a little story how they found together on Dromund Kaas. ;-)

Hey, thanks for reading! I've played TOR on again off again, and I think I've decided I want to heal. But I don't know which healer would be a good fit for me, and it's hard finding information with most stickies and guides being for 3.0 or 4.0.

I've got a Juggernaut tank friend, so what would be a good compliment for that/easy to play solo when he's not around?

Do you want to do pvp or pve and if it's the latter, what kind of pve? Operations, FP, Dailies/H2 ... ? In principle every healer is good enough for every content but depending on what you want to do, your choice of healer may change.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't recommend the operative healer to somebody who is new to healing. Keeping track of your hot's, TA's and energy all at once might be a bit much for somebody who is new to healing. Plus the lack of burst-healing means you need to know who will take damage before the damage actually goes out in order to prepare your heals.

Merc and Sorc are much more straightforward with a "somebody-takes-damage-you-cast-a-heal"-type of gameplay Obviously good mercs/sorcs will also prepare their heals before the damage goes out, but you'll have an easier time reacting to unexpected stuff.

When it comes to solo stuff when your friend isn't online, it doesn't matter much. Solo-questing (like dailies or story-missions and so on) on a healer is always slow and painfull (imo) and I would recommend respeccing to a dps spec for that. If you really want to do it as a healer, mercs probably have the best healer-dps, operatives the worst. However, as an operative you would be able to use stealth to sneak by some enemies which will speed things up.