Best current HEALER class? (5.0)

BerkAydin

It depends what you mean by best? Best AoE Healer? Best burst healer? Best in PvP or PvE?

I would appreciate knowing the best healer for each group you just said, but if you can't be bothered then I'd like to know which class is best for pve.

I would appreciate knowing the best healer for each group you just said, but if you can't be bothered then I'd like to know which class is best for pve.

I mean, all the information is available from the stat post in the roles forum, if you can be bothered to create three different threads asking what is the best of each role, you should be able to click that thread and read about the ehps, dtps and dps comparisons.

I mean, all the information is available from the stat post in the roles forum, if you can be bothered to create three different threads asking what is the best of each role, you should be able to click that thread and read about the ehps, dtps and dps comparisons.

What you said.....but dayum. haha.

Ouch, I had no idea such a post existed (I'm new to the forums) I'll have a look over there, thanks for the advice.

Also one reason why I ask here is so that when new players google for what is the best healer, dps or tank class currently in the game this could come up for them, making their lives much easier especially if they don't use the forums.

Ouch, I had no idea such a post existed (I'm new to the forums) I'll have a look over there, thanks for the advice.

Also one reason why I ask here is so that when new players google for what is the best healer, dps or tank class currently in the game this could come up for them, making their lives much easier especially if they don't use the forums.

There is a great function for new players, it's called the search box, it demands a bit of thinking regarding what keywords you write but it's pretty simple to use. Furthermore, your idea of having three threads where you ask what the best class for each particular role and people give you answers and for these threads to help people? Nah that illustrates a clear misunderstanding of the game, so many factors influence dps, dtps and ehps, sure in specific cases raw numbers are helpful, but these change over time and maybe in a month or two, your threads will be worthless as they are filled with old information.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Youre going to have a very bad time in endgame content if you think that the numbers provided by that post translate 1:1 into actual gameplay. Also, no need to be that salty. Be friendly and someone may return the favor someday :)

Edited by Qwurdilu

• 2 weeks later...

As fast as things can change with patches and all it would be better if people just answered the question instead of being rude.

Personally I haven't played a healer in years and thought I might again, both in PvP and some PvE. I was curious myself which classes might be doing well and why. Number crunching from Bant while useful on a dummy for PvE is useless in PvP. Besides play testing can often end up with different answers.

I would like to see the OP answered if anyone actually has one.

Tldr: Sages/Sorcs are best

Long:

Every healer can be good right now, and every healer can do every type of content in the game and do just fine, whether that is NiM Ops or ranked pvp. That being said, some healers are better at certain things than others (and some healers it is easier to get to a passable level than others):

PVE:

1. Scoundrels/Operatives are hands down best AoE heals. With a big group that is pretty tightly pulled together, they can do insane numbers. They are also incredibly good at fights where there is relatively constant damage going out to the whole group, as they can put kolto probes/slow release medpacs on everyone and again, pull insane numbers.

2. Commandos/Mercs are best at burst. This is the healing class I play the least (I still let people die in sms sometimes lol) so I don't want to say too much in case I'm wrong, but I believe there are ways to get a tank from like 1% up to full in like 2 or 3 gcds if you have all your cool downs. Suffers a bit in aoe healing though. Can do best damage as a heal spec though (so I've heard), so it has that going for it.

3. Sages/Sorcs are a good mix of both burst and aoes. They can also put bubbles on people to protect them from incoming damage in the first place, which is good to start off the fights. It is also the easiest to get to a passable level in (not good, they are all equally difficult) as your strongest heal at endgame is called roaming mend/wandering mend, and it basically bounces between targets based on who has the least health, so it does a lot of the work for you.

PVP:

1. Operatives/Scoundrels: Excellent in regs, tough to use in ranked (there are obviously some people who are really good, but fewer than sages/sorcs or even mercs after the 5.0 changes). As mentioned above, they have good aoes, and their stealth makes them really helpful with objective play, either stalling the other team from capping a node, or stealth capping yourself. Also, king at huttball.

2. Mercs/commandos: Decent in regs, decent in ranked. This is different from 4.0 and 3.0, as mercs/mandos were easy to kill as they didn't have a "leave me along button", but with the new reflect ability, they have basically 6 seconds of immunity so that makes them much better. I'd still take a sage over a merc in ranked as they are better at kiting and have more dcds (and specifically, a 2nd "leave me alone" button).

3. Sages: Still king of pvp (though not as much as 4.0). Great at kiting, great at putting up numbers, lots of dcds, and 2 "leave me alone" buttons (phase walk and god bubble) make sages the best at staying alive (which is the important part of ranked, and is pretty important in regs too), and their burst and aoe heals means that they can both keep someone alive if they are being focused, and keep the group up as a whole through aoe damage.

Anyway, so above are very simplified explanations of what each class strengths are, and are mostly my opinion, but I guess that's what you get for asking on a forum :rak_03: Let us know if you have any other questions!

Edited by LordTurin

• 9 months later...
There is a great function for new players, it's called the search box, it demands a bit of thinking regarding what keywords you write but it's pretty simple to use. Furthermore, your idea of having three threads where you ask what the best class for each particular role and people give you answers and for these threads to help people? Nah that illustrates a clear misunderstanding of the game, so many factors influence dps, dtps and ehps, sure in specific cases raw numbers are helpful, but these change over time and maybe in a month or two, your threads will be worthless as they are filled with old information.

Man, this guy is a dick....lol. Just couldn't come up with a decent answer. Instead he says "you're an idiot, don't come here and ask questions noobz, look it up properly!!".....lmfao. :D