Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

iloveicarly

qft lol ... on a side note .. and im preparing to be severely flamed here... but i think Vader could have taken both of them easily.. maybe not both at once.. but ....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Vader in the height of his power would have been canonically more powerful than either of them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is an old thread.

I would have to go with Satele for this one. Both of them have grown in power and skill so much since their previous encounter that it is tough to call, but I think Satele's strength in The Force would overcome the sheer ferocity that Malgus is characterized by.

Malgus still fought on the frontline a lot, I think Malgus is more powerful.

Based on the Hope trailer I'd say that Darth Malgus is superior in outright combat. The Return trailer doesn't really count; she was to young to really judge her performance.

However, I'd say that by the time the game takes place, both of them are likely beyond the height of their physical ability. Of course the strength of a Jedi or Sith grows as their understanding of the Force grows - Yoda has difficulties to walk without a stick if he doesn't use the Force to do so, but moves like a bouncy ball on coke if he does - but from a purely physical point of view there is no way a woman in her early forties perform as as well as in her mid-twenties.

(personally I always thought Yoda uses the stick only to cheat the health insurance)

Of course - after the "The False Emperor" I would definitely set my money on Satele Shan.

Malgus is only 1 year older than Satele Shan.

Malgus would absolutely decimate her in a 1v1 fight.

Obviously, the only actual reason she's ever "won" in "Hope" was because Jace Malcom decided to (rudely) intervene and cripple Malgus for a short time, allowing Satele could conjure up her HADOUKEN.

And if you read the Deceived novel; Malgus was STILL in a condition to fight after that.

It's been some time since i've read the novel; but i think he actually managed to defeat two Jedi within a huge burst of rage (That obviously made him shrug off all the pain the injuries caused).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Vader in the height of his power would have been canonically more powerful than either of them.

He is, Malgus is so much alike of Vader a likeable character but he is very Vader like. Though nowhere near as powerful.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He is, Malgus is so much alike of Vader a likeable character but he is very Vader like. Though nowhere near as powerful.

Fun fact: Apparently, Sidious actually discovered a long lost Journal Malgus had.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journal_of_Darth_Malgus

So, there's another little bit that connects Malgus and Vader.

Edited by GhostDrone

• 6 months later...

I was reading through the thread cus I was bored as F*** and I have to say I'm enjoying myself. So far in the canon Malgus is winning hardcore and a bunch of butthurt Jedi fans just won't accept that the empire's main man is better than Satele. Personally Star Wars is the one of the only series where I back the bad guys so yes I have a bias sue me. But if the Jedi fans can remember the events within the original trilogy....hmmm who won.... uhh i forget

Then theres the legacy series which I just started so.....I don't know what happens but I'm assuming the jedi win or something or its a cliff hanger to where the jedi keep fighting, if I'm wrong about my assumption for Legacy feel free to correct me. Just ya know try not to spoil it for me.

"just ya know try not to spoil it for me."

........and let the trolling begin

Malgus - the entire package he brings has always been too much for Satele 1v1

He is good enough with the Lightsaber and powerful enough with the force and skilled enough at combining the two, to overwhelm Satele (pretty quickly) in face to face combat situations.....Satele knows this herself

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Darth Malgus. Sure it would be a very intense fight but lets be honest here, Satele is just freaking lucky that she is the descendant of Bastilla and Revan. That is why her Tutaminis is so advanced. You take that away, Malgus would have killed her on Alderaan. As for him not being able to deal with two people, that just speaks to his tactical tunnel vision, further more, he IS capable of handling multiple people, including Jedi, see the Decieved trailer, he just chose to focus on Satele in Hope, so stop using Hope as an argument for him not being able to fight multiple opponents when he clearly can. As for the argument why he isnt on the Dark Council, the answer is obvious, Malgus is much more of a field commander, rather than a politician. Note that around HALF of the Dark Council perished in combat whereas Malgus still survived.

Malgus would have killed her in a 1 on 1 duel in the Return cinematic, but her master intervened (saber toss blocked the killing blow).

Malgus had her unarmed and pressing his lightsaber down towards her in Hope, and she was only able to block the blow it with Force Ray or whatever the technique is. She only fought him off after a trooper intervened with a concussion grenade.

Unless Malgus is getting weaker and Satele is getting stronger over time, I'd say Malgus has already proven himself as the better fighter.

Pretty sure the block technique is called litmus, and I think, at a current point with statle as a master, I think she could win. Even with malgus' power.

Malgus would have killed her in a 1 on 1 duel in the Return cinematic, but her master intervened (saber toss blocked the killing blow).

Malgus had her unarmed and pressing his lightsaber down towards her in Hope, and she was only able to block the blow it with Force Ray or whatever the technique is. She only fought him off after a trooper intervened with a concussion grenade.

Unless Malgus is getting weaker and Satele is getting stronger over time, I'd say Malgus has already proven himself as the better fighter.

Tutaminis, actually.

Malgus wins. He proved it twice. Plus, Malgus killed two masters in Decieved and Return (Ven Zallow and Kao Cen Darach, respectively. So, Satele is Grand Master; Malgus was whooping her as a knight. It could be a little closer, but let's not forget that Kao Cen Darach was the Jedi Battlemaster at the time AND taught Satele. So Malgus

Malgus kicked Satele's azz twice.

He did? I seem to remember a trailer called "Hope" wherein Satele Shan shoved Darth Malgus into a mountainside on Alderaan and unleashed a Force Push that totally merged him with the mountain.

Edited by DarknessInLight