Proper way to defeat False Emperor?

We just did this and had no problem finishing Malgus off after looking up the knockback but that is clearly not the intended way to beat him. Even the dialog after the instance implies this. Is this just unfinished/bugged or is there a currently working proper method of killing him?

Also how do you stop HK from assassinating a group memeber? We basically killed him fast enough that it didn't matter but cleansing/healing/interrupting didn't seem to work.

We just did this and had no problem finishing Malgus off after looking up the knockback but that is clearly not the intended way to beat him. Even the dialog after the instance implies this. Is this just unfinished/bugged or is there a currently working proper method of killing him?

Also how do you stop HK from assassinating a group memeber? We basically killed him fast enough that it didn't matter but cleansing/healing/interrupting didn't seem to work.

Look at the debuff he gets, the knockback is very much the intended way of defeating him.

Which tanks don't have atleast 1 knockback? You are almost garenteed to have atleast 2 knockbacks

Vanguard. They have the pull that might count. So vanguard and 3 scoundrels and you have 1 pull and no knockback.

It's a cool way to end the fight and is clearly legit but it seems like it's not intended as the main way. The quest guy talks about a ship crashing into the window and knocking him in or picking up his lightsaber etc etc.

My point is it really seems like there's supposed to be some mechanic to toss him in without knockbacks.

seen as the mechanic to knock him off is seriously buggy, i found a way of simply killing him.

wait for 3 rounds off "singling out" a player. Get the boss down to roughly 60k hp, found was the safest area to stop before he decided to go lightning mode. Then we wait for the first emote of the 4th singling out, and start nuking his brains out. Then the 4th player has to finish him off before the timer on choke expires, or he goes into chain lightning mode and u have to knock him off.

Happy kills.

Its definatly the intended way, and it is most likely so they can bring him back later as bigger and badder.. afterall no way for us to tell if he actually dies from the knockback.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying the quest text implies some cut scene is supposed to happen to knock him off. The current method feels like an unfinished band aid.

Knocking him off happens no matter what I assume.

Think Episode VI.

He casts a spell called "Unlimited Power," a reference to Emperor Palpatine in Episode III. Furthermore, you kill him by kicking him into a reactor core. A clear reference to the way Emperor Palpatine died in Episode VI.

Edited by NoDebateReborn